No love for Whimsyshire?

Barbarian
I don't understand why the unicorn world got dismissed so fast. Most people never run that place anymore, or never even ran it at all. I love killing unicorns and teddy bears, and it's not just for the joyful colors. Most people do act1 XP runs, so it's very easy to pop in to Whimsyshire and clear it before repeating. On top of that, the Horadric hamburger and Spectrum are probably the only items that will still be valuable in ROS, since lvl 30 items will still roll lvl 30 stats, except for these 2. I just can't wait to equip my Crusader with a hamburger (and maybe even transmog whatever weapon I'm using afterwards into a hamburger.)
I always throw this level into my a1 runs when playing 4 player. The dead ends are the only downfall of it. Still a fun map, and that is what this game is about. Fun.
It makes for a good laugh if you're trippin out.
It's a fantastic place for sure. My favorite moment was splitting a chubby pink unicorn in half length-wise. So wrong, and yet so awesome.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9628423189?page=1

Fun for a break in VOTA farming, and also good to toss in after an EXP run if you want some DE.
I have a terrible love for Whimsyshire. It's part of my regular key run rotation, as I still would like to track down a Horadric Hamburger (just to have it, I like collecting things). There's also something inherently wrong about how I die there more frequently than anywhere else.

Never trust the innocent looking ones.
I always forget about this place. I'll have to start incorporating into my runs for some spice...
There's also something inherently wrong about how I die there more frequently than anywhere else.

Nothing like being taken out by a pretty pink flower, haha.
11/04/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis
(just to have it, I like collecting things).

Yeah me too, but it's not possible with that small chest. :(
it is an eyesore.
I personally hate the place with a passion. When I first saw D3 I wasn't to impressed with the bright color palette but I wasn't so applaud to the point I would say it looks childish. Then after tons of griping and whining from the community bliz makes whimsyshire to poke fun at the whiners. Sure I understand its not supposed to be serious and that its a joke but personally as someone that thought the game looked fine, I took it as a big "HAHA F#$% YOU GUYS!!!"

With how completely disconnected Whimsyshire is to the Diablo series why couldn't bliz have included something relevant or even make references to the other bliz game series? I would have much rather found Zeratul's Ihan Crystal ( http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ihan_crystal ) and teleport to Auir and go kick the crap out of some Chargelots, Stalkers and what ever protoss/starcraft forces you come across during The Second Great War. You can find Diablo (the male version from d2) on the bottom right corner of a mission's map in SC2. He is destroying the place casting, firestorm constantly and swinging those massive claws. http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=3929

I hope they can include some interesting side quests, the follower ones are a great idea but there still needs to be more. As it is now, I can't even look at Whimsyshire, I just see it as a burning badge of "look how serious the original dev team took diablo 3", I'm sorry but Whimsyshire isn't even a joke, it's pathetic.
I'm still working on my staff for this place. I figure I'll start at Hell because I don't want to die in Inferno in Whimsyshire.
11/05/2013 01:41 AMPosted by TastySouP
I personally hate the place with a passion. When I first saw D3 I wasn't to impressed with the bright color palette but I wasn't so applaud to the point I would say it looks childish. Then after tons of griping and whining from the community bliz makes whimsyshire to poke fun at the whiners. Sure I understand its not supposed to be serious and that its a joke but personally as someone that thought the game looked fine, I took it as a big "HAHA F#$% YOU GUYS!!!"

what is it that makes people think diablo 2 was dark and gloomy??

which was your favourite bad guy? the pink quill beast with green highlights or the bright green skeletons with blue and pink highlights?

was it the bright blue or red demons? or the gold ones?

diablo has always been a bright and colourful game. even since diablo 1
also, blizz, please more secret levels, more places to explore!!! we love whimsyshire

whinge whinge whinge

what is it that makes people think diablo 2 was dark and gloomy??

which was your favourite bad guy? the pink quill beast with green highlights or the bright green skeletons with blue and pink highlights?

was it the bright blue or red demons? or the gold ones?

diablo has always been a bright and colourful game. even since diablo 1

Errrr, no. Just, no.

It may have had colors -- but it certainly was NOT "Bright and Colorful." There is zero bright sections in Diablo 1. It's all night time, all dungeons with no lights, and light radius.

The colors were used to let you know what properties the enemies had. Demons are also commonly depicted as red.

When you look at skills like, Fire wall, and Frozen orb -- even those were desaturated. In DIII, it's like they cranked up the saturation to 11.

Diablo III looks horrible vanilla. Dark D3 or other fxaa injectors can fix this though.

As for why people don't like Whimsy, it's because the music is ridiculously annoying, the color palette takes you into SNES land, Yoshi's Island much? Killing flowers and cute teddy's isn't very B.A.

But killing mutant cows with scary large polearms is. Also, cow level didn't change the games aesthetic, it naturally fit into the game instead of creating this horrible juxtaposition.

Then there is also the fact that Whimsy was designed as an insult to the core Diablo fan base. Nearly everything Jay Wilson got his teeth into was pretty well ruined, but he thought he knew best. He was also very arrogant and insisted he was "right" about things, so much so -- he even cursed out some of the original Diablo design team.

I mean, dude was straight the worst possible person to "direct" Diablo III.

Being that he was the person that first voiced criticisms against the color palette feedback, and that he was the first person I ever even seen wear a diablo pony shirt -- I'd say, it's pretty safe to assume he had a very large say into the secret level.

In short, people don't run it, because it's not fun and it takes you out of the game, more over -- they know it was a direct insult to the fan base and as such -- wish it was removed back when Wilson was.

All hail the RoS team. Can we say moo moo moo yet?
My favorite d2 Mondays was iron maidens. Yeah as a barb I loved those things with a passion. So funny watching them Kill themselves.

Oh wait. ...
I'm an old D2 man myself and the cow level was alot of fun, just the way that the groups would slowly advance on mass, way to much fun, moo moo.
That said, Since picking-up D3 and crafting the staffs Whimsyshire has always been on the route for me when I'm running act1 (still miss traversing all acts in the same game). I'm not about to pass up a chance of spectrum or burger dropping, even if the majority of enemies kite annoyingly. Spectrums with high dps have been my life blood as far as selling goes.

My favorite d2 Mondays was iron maidens. Yeah as a barb I loved those things with a passion. So funny watching them Kill themselves.

Oh wait. ...

lmao.
When you look at skills like, Fire wall, and Frozen orb -- even those were desaturated. In DIII, it's like they cranked up the saturation to 11.

Whimsy is much too bright for me, to many dead ends. The colors just jump out at you.

Since D2, graphics and screens supported colors have advanced so much they could make D3 appear as it does.

Problem is Blizz didn't understand, just because you could, doesn't mean you should.
There's also something inherently wrong about how I die there more frequently than anywhere else.

And thats the reason why it should be a little more rewarding?
Whimsyshire is ok, but they need to add a cow level.
I loved mowing down massive groups of cows in a much more open area.
But it's much more than that, they simply need to add more secret areas.
Just a thought...