Paragon levels after the level cap is raised?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
It was my understanding that for example 2 Para 100's would be close to paragon 121. Also that lvls 60-70 would not interact with paragon experience. So maybe 60-70 then paragon experience would go from there. All I can say is that I can't wait for Blizzcon!!:)
11/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So this equals about P 262. So in RoS, all my SC Heroes would show P262?

We don't have information to share at the moment on what the exact conversion rate between current and Paragon 2.0 levels will be yet. Hypothetically speaking, if the experience required to level remained the same, this would be correct.

It would be less.

A paragon 100 character + a paragon 100 character don't equal 200.

As the exp is exponential, having 2 para 100 characters would give you maybe 120 total paragon level.

See Moldran's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORB-a0NhSI
11/06/2013 01:28 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Will the XP actually raise your level instantly? For instance if you had 5 100 paragon characters would you instantly be a level 70 character in expansion?

No, paragon levels and normal levels are different. All of us will start at level 60 (with our paragon levels locked until 70) regardless of paragon level.
11/06/2013 01:36 PMPosted by BRISS
It was my understanding that for example 2 Para 100's would be close to paragon 121. Also that lvls 60-70 would not interact with paragon experience. So maybe 60-70 then paragon experience would go from there. All I can say is that I can't wait for Blizzcon!!:)

Wow. It takes long enough to get from 99-100. I can't imagine how long it will take to go from 121-122.

Wow. It takes long enough to get from 99-100. I can't imagine how long it will take to go from 121-122.

Yeah, I laughed when I saw a guy on the forum the other day who was talking about someday hitting paragon level 800.

Diablo 5 will be out by then.
Wow. It takes long enough to get from 99-100. I can't imagine how long it will take to go from 121

Just did it; wasn't that bad. 20-25 runs of VOTA at MP10.
11/06/2013 01:58 PMPosted by bearr

We don't have information to share at the moment on what the exact conversion rate between current and Paragon 2.0 levels will be yet. Hypothetically speaking, if the experience required to level remained the same, this would be correct.

It would be less.

A paragon 100 character + a paragon 100 character don't equal 200.

As the exp is exponential, having 2 para 100 characters would give you maybe 120 total paragon level.

See Moldran's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tORB-a0NhSI

Ok, so I just watched the D3 terminators video and he is only theory crafting. I see he changed his room around. He used to have a small bed with a red comforter in the background with a D3 poster on the wall. I don't know what is worse, the fact that his room looked like that or that I know what it used to look like.
11/06/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Yep! Your Paragon levels will apply to all characters, regardless of level (and with the Hardcore/Normal mode caveat I mentioned above).

Isn't such thing breaking pretty badly the lower difficulties even more than now (ie: roll facing Mp10 normal just with a HF Ring, socketing RS ruby in low dps weapons, reduced lvl requirement etc)

I mean if you start a LvL 1 Char and you can allocate all of the paragon points right from the start + adding all of the other stuff like RS gems, HF rings and so on, lower difficulties are going to be pretty much pointless, and become even more boring than it's now, no?

Shouldn't paragon points be available only once you reach max level (60 or 70 for RoS) ??

Or at least block some of the categories until max level is reached. For exemple im lvl 1 i can allocate in adventure tab for pick up radius/ Movement speed since it will help quit a bit and make it more enjoyable than walking at 5/10/15 MS with 3 Pick up radius but i can't alloacte in core stats until max level so it's not game breaking/difficulty breaking.
And point reset is there at any time so it can be reseted any time if changes are needed to adventure mode once max level is reached for exemple.

I understood you were trying to make many changes to difficulties lower than Inferno to make them more enjoyable.
But can you ellaborate on how you'll be able to do that, if for exemple i've have a paragon 150 and i can allocate 150 points directly at LvL1 + adding all of the eventual HF ring, RS Rubies, Reduced Lvl Requirement etc??
How can you make the lower difficulties enjoyable on a re roll if we can actually allocate all of the paragon points from LvL1. HF rings, Rubies, lvl requirement is already a big boost for low difficulties.
11/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So this equals about P 262. So in RoS, all my SC Heroes would show P262?

Sorry to disagree but it cant be correct.

Each level exp for the level is higher then the previous level. If the exp cost per level remains as they are 2 P 100 would not make a p200 it would be closer to p125. P level 250 would be like 25 current P100's.

Unless make each level cost the same across the board with the new paragon V2.0. With each level being around 104 million exp a level. then 2 100's would equal v2.0 p200 but the 62 levels would fall far shorter then 62.
@ timagriffith , really wish people with that kind of complaint would stop, no cap sounds great, for crying out load whats your end goal now and if it's just plevel 100 your all done.reroll or play ladders or hard core,create your own character progression, or play other games as well,i'm looking forward to paragon2.0 and the other hidden surprises from R.O.S.whats wrong with having p level 200 as your new goal,it's not gonna be that easy to get lol.i hope the new system will keep you more interested and not leave the game and with new loot 2.0 current gear from defunct A.H will no longer be bis anyway . I think this will give longevity to the game and the fact that they still have a way to go before they release it just might surprise us all. That's my hope anyway.Peace
11/06/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Carver
Shouldn't paragon points be available only once you reach max level (60 or 70 for RoS) ??

There are some other changes coming that we'll talk about at BlizzCon that may cast more light on why we made this decision. *temples fingers* You shall know soon, very soon.

Sorry to disagree but it cant be correct.

Each level exp for the level is higher then the previous level. If the exp cost per level remains as they are 2 P 100 would not make a p200 it would be closer to p125. P level 250 would be like 25 current P100's.

The exact numbers quoted and their total are largely irrelevant at the moment, because we haven't yet provided a frame of reference for how much experience will equal how many levels in the Paragon 2.0 system. Mostly what I wanted to confirm is that it's not a one-to-one ratio, and the amount of experience is what is being totaled - not the number of levels. I apologize if this was confusing. =)
@Nevalistis

I would very much like to know how much XP each character has contributed to the Shared Paragon.

Also, if Shared Paragon may apply to level 1 characters, I believe there should be a game difficulty that reflects that.

:)

The exact numbers quoted and their total are largely irrelevant at the moment, because we haven't yet provided a frame of reference for how much experience will equal how many levels in the Paragon 2.0 system. Mostly what I wanted to confirm is that it's not a one-to-one ratio, and the amount of experience is what is being totaled - not the number of levels. I apologize if this was confusing. =)

Are we going to see the exact numbers? I have a feeling we won't, and it's going to be a "Buy the game yourself or wait for someone to make the chart to find out!" Kinda discouraging, but nothing that will change my mind about getting the game.

Whatever the end decision is on Paragon 2.0 level -> experience ratio is, I'm sure we will enjoy the grind.
11/06/2013 04:32 PMPosted by DoomBringer
Also, if Shared Paragon may apply to level 1 characters, I believe there should be a game difficulty that reflects that.

=MP difficulty
Assuming (big A) that the exp required does NOT plateau per level, and the increase remains +33% more every 10 levels, this was the resulting 2.0 level per plvl 100 character:

ie - the exp required to get to 101 = the exp to get from 99-100 + 33% every 10 levels

1 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 100
2 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 123
3 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 136
4 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 145
5 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 153
6 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 159
7 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 164
8 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 169
9 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 173
10 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 176
Alternate Assumption: XP required after paragon 100 is the same as 100. ie - 322,560,000 xp.

ie - XP required to go from 99 to 100 = xp to get from 100 to 101, 101 to 102, etcetc.

1 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 100
2 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 133
3 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 165
4 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 198
5 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 230
6 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 263
7 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 295
8 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 327
9 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 360
10 x Paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 Level 392

So the 2x paragon 100 = Paragon 2.0 level 200 is 100% wrong, otherwise the XP being added up between all characters as stated earlier by blue couldn't possible be true.
11/06/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Angst

=MP difficulty

MP is suspected to have been removed from the game.