Current Well Geared & RoS

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/12/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Agmo
Instead, starting in the pre-expansion patch, you’ll find that monsters will level up as you do, and they’ll gain additional affixes depending on what level range they’re in.

Really get stronger as you do? I HATED that in Elderscrolls:Oblivion ,Thank God they realized how bad an idea that was for Skyrim .You NEVER feel like you are getting any where,Like more powerful. It's like beating your head against the wall it gets you no where.Just makes you frustrated thinking you have finally reached a point to kill something that has been giving you trouble to realize the foe leveled up as you did.

That sense of progression that you're talking about will still be present, the difference is that it will now be gauged by your difficulty setting as opposed to directly out-leveling content. So for example, you may feel comfortable on normal mode but Master is wiping you out, after progressing in level and gearing you may now feel comfortable on Master, but Torment I is wiping you out etc.
Instead, starting in the pre-expansion patch, you’ll find that monsters will level up as you do, and they’ll gain additional affixes depending on what level range they’re in.

Really get stronger as you do? I HATED that in Elderscrolls:Oblivion ,Thank God they realized how bad an idea that was for Skyrim .You NEVER feel like you are getting any where,Like more powerful. It's like beating your head against the wall it gets you no where.Just makes you frustrated thinking you have finally reached a point to kill something that has been giving you trouble to realize the foe leveled up as you did.

I think they will stop leveling at 70, but your gear grows further.
Are the names for the different difficulties just placeholders for the time being?

I know this is only minor, but I thought the names for the current difficulties are pretty cool sounding, "nightmare" "hell" "inferno"

- "Torment" for the highest difficulty is awesome!

however, "hard" "expert" and "master" just sound... very tame and doesn't have the same overall Diablo feel to it!
That was also a skyrim feature, actually.
11/12/2013 08:36 PMPosted by LordVodka
I have a hard time believing that just 5 lvl of torment are going to be enough to supply us with a long lasting challenging end game. If it's anything like MP it may take awhile to get up high in the MP's on your main char but on the 2nd or 3rd you can jump right in at a high MP (7-8+). I find it impossible to believe that everyone won't just be passed the skill lvl required at torment 5 in a matter of a month let alone the years people want to play these games.

Although I agree it's a valid concern, I don't see how you can make that assumption without knowing exactly how those difficulties (and our endgame characters) are tuned. Like Lylirra mentioned, this isn't a direct translation of MP levels so Torment V =/= MP10.

Kevin Marten also mentioned during the Open Q&A that they are looking at additional ways to challenge those players who are the "best of the best" in regards to gear and efficiency;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAly99GvJIY&t=32m20s

As a barb player the more dmg i dealt the hard i struggled to sustain fury generation. I would be the same still for most classes that require to hit to gain spirit/fury etc otherwise to get a fluid movement would not be possible. Unlike the Wizard where it requires a regen not a gain on hit style.
11/12/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Siskie
Well that information certainly helps. Now it's just a guessing game on what current well-geared players can do with their pre-expansion godly gear. I'm thinking at least Expert will be able to be completely cleared fairly easily with a 300k damage character, perhaps Master as well. I wonder how far into Torment 1 we would be able to get with our current gear.

absolutely none of torment will be done with current gear. since you will have replaced it all with better 60+ gear.....
OP you are using "K" as unit of DPS but later will be "M" ...oh....
11/12/2013 08:36 PMPosted by LordVodka
I have a hard time believing that just 5 lvl of torment are going to be enough to supply us with a long lasting challenging end game. If it's anything like MP it may take awhile to get up high in the MP's on your main char but on the 2nd or 3rd you can jump right in at a high MP (7-8+). I find it impossible to believe that everyone won't just be passed the skill lvl required at torment 5 in a matter of a month let alone the years people want to play these games.

No it's not like that. There are 9 difficulty levels. It's basically like MP1-9. The monsters level up with you now so there're basically no more modes, like you don't have to run through the campaign mode in norm (1-30), nightmare (30-50), and hell (50-60) anymore.

It essentially means that when you start at lvl 1, you go through the campaign from acts 1-5. After you complete each act, it unlocks adventure mode for that act. So after act 5 is complete, you could just keep rerunning campaign mode to level up, or you could swap over to adventure mode as soon as you finish the campaign, so that from, say lvl 35-70 you could run bounties etc. to level up if you decide.

The difficulty levels ("monster power") decide the monster hp, dmg, etc.

Are the names for the different difficulties just placeholders for the time being?

I know this is only minor, but I thought the names for the current difficulties are pretty cool sounding, "nightmare" "hell" "inferno"

however, "hard" "expert" and "master" just sound... very tame and doesn't have the same overall Diablo feel to it!

And I agree with this guy :) if it means anything.
monsters leveling up as you do gives leveling up players a real sense of going nowhere... luckily i mostly care only about max lvl, but still its the wrong move
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/#question-change-to-difficulty

Q: Have any changes been made to the difficulty scaling or settings in Reaper of Souls?

A: In Reaper of Souls, the game difficulty settings have been updated to Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic and Apocalypse. Similar to the way the tiered settings and Monster Power work in Diablo III, higher difficulty levels present more powerful enemies who will potentially reward players with more powerful loot! Unlike the previous tiered difficulty system, though, players are not required to defeat the game on a lower setting in order to unlock a higher difficulty setting. These settings can be selected at any time, for both Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode, making it more convenient than ever to find the level of challenge that’s right for you!

Conflicting stuff isn't it? Can the Blues care to explain wtf this is? What exactly is the difficulty setting? Easy, Normal, Hard, Torment, Demonic and Apocalypse or Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I-V?
One of our big goals with Reaper of Souls is to give players more control over their game experience, and that applies to difficulty as well. As part of that goal, we’re removing the tiered difficulty system (the one that requires you to work your way through Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno) that exists right now. We’re replacing it with something that’s more open, and (more importantly) won’t require you to play through the story multiple times if you don’t want to.

So, the Normal > Nightmare > Hell > Inferno progression path is gone. Instead, starting in the pre-expansion patch, you’ll find that monsters will level up as you do, and they’ll gain additional affixes depending on what level range they’re in. You’ll be able to influence monster damage, health, and rewards by selecting one of nine new difficulty settings* as well, similar to the way Monster Power works currently. The result is that you should have a lot more freedom in customizing your level of challenge without worrying about multiple playthroughs of the story to get there.

This is just a rough overview of how the new difficulties will work in Reaper of Souls. We'll have more details on the new difficulty settings in the future, so be sure to keep an eye out for them! Also, keep in mind that these could all change before we ship.

(*Right now there’s: Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I-V. Currently, Master unlocks at 61 and Torment unlocks at 70, but once unlocked they’re available for all characters on your account.)

Thank you! I don't know when it starts to get hard, but at least the first couple of playthroughs are mind-numbingly easy right now. Nightmare as far as I can tell is identical to the first playthrough except the mobs have marginally more HP. It'll be nice not to have to beat the game multiple times to get to the fun part.

It sounds like anouther dumbed down console feature. The console has easy-medium-hard

sounds like an 8 bit Nintendo game.... ***** pukes *****
I'm incredibly relieved to hear about this change. I've enjoyed leveling multiple characters, to an extent, but having to go through the acts four times per character got to be a bit much. I've been asking for them to remove Normal mode forever, as it's a mind-numbing, no-challenge excercise in futility. This new system is even better. Well done, devs. I salute you.
You are stuck on DPS OP, and that is understandable with the current game design. I feel however that with the LS nerf and the other projected design philosophies, our current gear is just going to have WAY too low of EHP to be able to sustain in higher difficulties in RoS. Even gear with a higher focus on EHP will fall short.

Im sure we can make our way through the lower difficulties though to be able to have a chance to earn the new gear which will inherently have much more EHP, regen and sustain but no lifesteal so DPS can no longer keep you alive alone.
11/12/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Grimiku
you’ll find that monsters will level up as you do

Please NO, don't kill the game making it OBLIVION-style.
11/12/2013 08:09 PMPosted by DrothVader
If you feel that raising the monster's level to match yours is a bad idea, how would you address something like adventure mode where you can travel to any act you desire right from level 1?

Wasn't there something about having to complete normal difficulty before adventure mode unlocks?
They could tune it based on that, or to your level.

1-70 is basically irrelevant anyway. Unless they do something really weird to normal difficulty (which should equate to mp0)
One of our big goals with Reaper of Souls is to give players more control over their game experience, and that applies to difficulty as well. As part of that goal, we’re removing the tiered difficulty system (the one that requires you to work your way through Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno) that exists right now. We’re replacing it with something that’s more open, and (more importantly) won’t require you to play through the story multiple times if you don’t want to.

So, the Normal > Nightmare > Hell > Inferno progression path is gone. Instead, starting in the pre-expansion patch,

I am so confused, some blue said / blizzcon information mention that there will be no pre-expansion patch.
so you mean there is one? I hope this patch roll out before Christmas.