Finally Caved

General Discussion
Yup, it finally happened. Just can't play the game the way it is now. I've hung on for so long simply from the fact that I enjoy slaying monsters. I put the concept of getting good loot on the back burner for a while now, but with a game like Diablo, that tactic can only work for so long.

They increased all of the monster AI, which was a great thing. It made death a bit more likely and you had to use your brain a bit more while fighting. But if you're going to do something like that, you have to also reward people who spend hours getting better at the game. Otherwise, you're just adding frustration on top of an already frustrating situation.

I've been decently lucky with D3. All of my characters were built with crafting, self found, or purchasing upgrades on the GAH using gold I farmed/earned. No flipping, no RMAH, just the game as it was designed. Using this method, I outlasted all of my real life friends by over a year with D3 because most of them ended up crossing the RMAH barrier and wondering what the point of the game was. The current state of the game just doesn't offer anything stimulating to me anymore. Public games are still a joke without some sort of qualification process (one of which I've suggested MANY times), I won't do hardcore with the amount of lag deaths and 3007s I get, leveling/farming with other characters is even more monotonous than with my Monk.... it's just done for now.

Maybe I'll see you guys in Loot2.0 and/or RoS, maybe not. Gonna wait for a month after release to see how the feedback looks.

See y'all laterzzz.....I hope.

GG and GL out there,

Omni
Im impressed at how many elite kills you have. That some dedication to a single character.
I hear ya, I'm the kind of person who can game literally 18 hours a day with minimal breaks only to eat and use the restroom... I can't even force myself to play this game like that, not even after a 4 month break, I get back on, do a couple runs, and it's just dreadful.
I never had this problem with D1 or D2, hell, hardly any game for that matter.
It sucks, because I really do want to like this game, I just can't, it's too.... idk.. it's just not Diablo, it's too mindless.
I really don't even know if the expansion can save it, eh.. here's hoping though.
The current state of the game just doesn't offer anything stimulating to me anymore.

This. See you when you get back. I'm still gonna play, but counting down the days till ROS when the rest of the game is here LOL!
RoS still doesn't have a proper hard end game.

Judging from Blizzon, both adventurer mode and neph rifts can be done by anyone because you can choose the difficulty, Blizzard is still catering to the casual players. There needs to be really hard content that one should work towards and not easily do-able by 99% of the population.
Ok? Do you want a cookie? I dont see the point of this thread other then attention. Grow up dude.
11/17/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Jt3z
I dont see the point of this thread other then attention.

LOL You actually couldn't be more right. No point other THAN attention, sir. Attention should be given to what must be thousands of posts that are exactly like this one. Attention should be given to the fact that while the core of the game is sound (I consider the core of the game to be killing stuff), the other factors that make ARPGs a genre with an extremely high replay value are completely lacking in D3 and I'm not sure Blizzard is even addressing them. Items alone may not save this game. Community, gameplay variation and the removal of stupid design are all things that need to be addressed. I see the threads about these problems over and over and over, yet the problems stay in the game or are "fixed" in the most mediocre of ways. Kinda sad to see this happen in a game with SO MUCH potential.

Ah well. There are other things in life.
GL my friend, may you stand the tides of Blizzard's corruption to fight another day....
Ah well. There are other things in life.

Yes. such as replying to forum.

Cu tomorrow.
11/17/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Omniscient
Maybe I'll see you guys in Loot2.0 and/or RoS, maybe not.

Huh, "maybe not"?

RoS and 2.0 pretty much directly address the concerns you had with the game, namely the reward loop and replayability. It doesn't make sense to me that you only might return considering how much time you've invested. :P
Hi Omni, I know what you are talking about (kind of). Look, you are burnt out, most of us are. Take a breather, don't play the game for a month or so, play something else. Actually actively force yourself to not play the game for a while.

If all we are hearing about RoS is correct there is hope and you should put your efforts when that game comes out. Let it go for the moment.

Judging from Blizzon, both adventurer mode and neph rifts can be done by anyone because you can choose the difficulty, Blizzard is still catering to the casual players. There needs to be really hard content that one should work towards and not easily do-able by 99% of the population.
You're gonna have to look somewhere besides a Blizzard game for that. Blizzard's goal with all their titles now is "Please Everyone All The Time" which leads to a drastically dumbed down game and a very shallow, very unfulfilling experience. The majority get bored quickly with that.

I would LOVE to see WoW's monthly numbers and the cancellations and resubs by month instead of the straight number of subs. That would be much more telling about the customers and how their games are received. I would wager that there's a revolving door on subs for WoW that spins so fast Kotick uses it for a fan in his office.

In the end, Blizzard isn't making quality anymore. They're too intent on trying to make sure everyone is happy instead of focusing on making a great game. But like I said, if you're looking for a company to deliver that quality, you're gonna have to look somewhere other than Blizzard.
[quote]But like I said, if you're looking for a company to deliver that quality, you're gonna have to look somewhere other than Blizzard.

The only quality ARPG in the market now is D3, all the other clones I tried just doesn't cut it.

It's quite possible to make the game so hard you can't finish it at all. You just have to have the discipline to do it. How easy it is for other people has no bearing on it. Here's a challenge. Try doing it hardcore with nothing but white gear. I've made it as far as level 15 so far before getting wtfbbqed. You're probably better than that.
I read the first three posts and then realized I ain't got time for this.

Here's a shout out to Blizzard and Diablo III. I look forward to playing some today at an MP of 2-3 based upon which character can do which MP according to this nifty site. The game is still fun and challenging even with GAH gear + some self found gear. Even then, with GAH purchases, no one item ever exceeded a cost of over 5 million gold. Sometimes I would have to earn up back from 20k gold to get that 2 million, 3 million piece of gold, and that was for a while when I wasn't selling rares. I was salvaging them.

Many of you will not be understood by many of us. We look at you with confusion, for we still enjoy ourselves. How you burned yourselves out isn't particularly Blizzard's fault. Who knows why it was easier for some to fall but not others? I enjoy picking up every pile of gold even if it's under 1k. Every little bit helps. Now I think I'm at a point where I'll only pick up ilvl63 items instead of 62 as I want to see the top of the line stuff now.

Sure most may not be an upgrade, but I enjoy identifying them, moving them to my stash, and then sorting them into Str, Dex, and Int gear; then going into into the AH and clicking on each class to see if anything is usable. No? Back to killing stuff.

What can you say? Some must fall in order for the rest to continue on. Not all can make the trek.

http://www.diabro3.com/?armoryURL=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fapi%2Fd3%2Fprofile%2Flykos-1124%2Fhero%2F5355343&submitButton.x=89&submitButton.y=30
11/18/2013 02:36 AMPosted by fathom
The only quality ARPG in the market now is D3, all the other clones I tried just doesn't cut it.

Except.... D3 isn't an ARPG.. still don't understand why people consider it one.

Name one thing that qualifies it as an ARPG, and not just an Action/Fantasy Isometric Hack-n-slash
Yep it still sucks, I've been having a lot more fun playing other things for months.

I even cut my forum checkin from weekly, to bi-weekly, now it's bi-monthly.

Many good points in this thread.
11/18/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Lykos
What can you say? Some must fall in order for the rest to continue on. Not all can make the trek.

Well quit falling then and get to para 100 like the rest of us did?

I mean sure, I was hooked for a couple weeks to para 30 equivalency..(no para then :P) but then I hit the bottom of a very shallow pool and realized all the shortcomings of this game. I then went to P100 to see if anything changed or got drastically patched the meantime...nope.

Many of you will not be understood by many of us. We look at you with confusion

I look at you with perfect understanding and clarity as your sentiment is echoed by many with 1/1000th of the time some of us have invested hoping the brass ring got a little less tarnished at the end of the ride and were disappointed.
11/17/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Jt3z
Ok? Do you want a cookie? I dont see the point of this thread other then attention. Grow up dude.

Actually, YOUR failure to see the point is a) not surprising, and b) probably not the purpose of the OP.

Try to comprehend his viewpoint before commenting on a thread you misunderstood. And if you must comment - be NICE, manners cost nothing after all! You just lower the tone and I and others actually agree with the OP's very valid points.
11/18/2013 02:48 AMPosted by tbagala

Except.... D3 isn't an ARPG.. still don't understand why people consider it one.

Name one thing that qualifies it as an ARPG, and not just an Action/Fantasy Isometric Hack-n-slash

From the Wiki
Action role-playing games (abbreviated action RPG, action/RPG, or ARPG) form a loosely defined sub-genre of role-playing video games that incorporate elements of action or action-adventure games, emphasizing real-time action where the player has direct control over characters, instead of turn-based or menu-based combat. These games often use combat systems similar to hack and slash or shooter games.

Because Diablo 3 is one........