[VIDEO] Gearing for the "Nyan" RF spec (>^^)>

Demon Hunter
Ya it's a boring video.......oh well.......

http://youtu.be/eCaAJCrVGME

If you didn't watch my previous video of my explanation of snapshot, please watch it! It's only like 7 minutes long.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10636323704

I'll try to make my future videos....less boring lol <(^^<)

0:00 Nyan introduction
Some BS. Ill be stuttering a lot....
Here is a hug <(^^<)

2:05 The idea behind this
What is the goal?
What are we aiming for?
These are some ideas to keep in mind when trying to optimize.

5:05 Crit chance gear
Legacy natalya's set (4-pc w/ nat redemption)
Stack resources (discipline/hatred/other stuff)

- Keep in mind that when swapping, your discipline will start at whatever your damage gear is. 39 discipline for me since I have a stone of jordan on my damage gear. I forgot to mention this, but this is one of the reasons why I preferred hatred regen over max discipline in many situations.

Stack eHP (want to be able to tank)
Stack crit chance (want to increase expected # of crits)
Many priories depend for each player (like pick up radius, health globe bonus, life on hit, etc...).
It might be even smart to stack attack speed on your crit chance gear so that you can proc stuff like cluster grenades much faster, while on your crit chance gear.

14:35 L4N vs no-L4N
Legacy natalya's set bonus is amazing. If you want to farm very fast, legacy natalya's set helps so much. It also helps a lot if you run into issues w/ discipline. I don't use a hatred generator after all, and I alway vault with my build.
You can go no legacy natalya's set of course, but you may need to spec for more discipline (night stalker procing).

16:30 Damage/CD gear
Stack min/max damage
Stack crit damage
Stack HP
Stack attack speed
- I'll talk about breakpoints later
Stack RF crit chance

24:30 Manticore & Worth to go expensive?
Manticore is pretty standard since its so easy to find the on AH. Crit damage will be very important on a manticore of course. Personally, I don't feel like you should spend billions of gold on a manticore just because this 'build' does so much DPS already. It does so much damage that getting a better manticore won't really help you much for clearing content faster.
Rare crossbows are also a good option if you can find a GG crossbow. This will also benefit from the 8% posion damage from the boots, 6% elemental from SoJ and 3% fire from magefists.

26:20 Attack speed
Well...get attack speed. Follow the breakpoints and try not to waste attack speed. For example: Rare bracers have 130 more dex potential than lacuni prowlers, so let's get rare bracers instead since it has more dex, and try to get to the breakpoint using another method w/o wasting too much 'potential' on rolls.

2.00001 aps breakpoint (this assumes magefists are used)
10 ias manticore -> at least 66 ias on gear
9 ias mempo of twilight
9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias ring
9 ias witching hour
4 ias magefist
8 ias amulet
19 ias deadman's legacy

11 ias manticore -> at least 64 ias on gear
remove 2 ias from above. As long as you hit the breakpoint, you fine. This is what I use:
9 ias mempo of twilight
9 ias inna's temperance
9 ias ring
8 ias witching hour
4 ias magefist
5 ias amulet
20 ias deadman's legacy

If your not optimizing for bombardment, the attack speed guidelines are the same on my gearing service.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10261776447?page=1#5

2.22223 aps breakpoint (this assumes magefists are used)
10 ias manticore -> at least 84 ias on gear
9 ias mempo of twilight
9 ias inna's tempernace
9 ias ring
9 ias witching hour
9 ias amulet
9 ias lacuni prowlers
4 ias magefist
6 ias zuni's journey (legacy)
20 ias deadman's legacy

11 ias manticore -> at least 83 ias on gear
remove 1 ias from above.

29:32 Extra attack speed? Even better!
If you are above breakpoint, and have extra attack speed to spare, try to take advanatge of this! What other gear could you change to optimize your DAMAGE even more?
When purchasing items from AH, if you are already above breakpoint, keep in mind that ias will be inflated.

33:00 Try to be flexible!
A pure RF build (relatively). It is actually hard to be flexiable because you will be using RF as your main damage dealer. You can try stuff like beastly bombs, caltrops -> tort ground, chakram snapshotting, trail of cinders w/ loh, but either way you will be using RF as main DPS. However, you can try some other interesting ideas.
For example:
Optimized min/max damage set w/ crit damage -> benefits the skills that do snapshot (like rapid fire)
Optimized min/max damage set w/ crit chance -> benefits the skills that won't snapshot (like sentry)

It would be pretty cool if you can come up with your own interesting ideas!

34:12 Suspicious cough!
You saw nothing!

35:45 Can I still use this concept w/o optimized gearing?
Yes. You can still gear swap and etc with your normal gearset. However the purpose of this video is for optimizing your gear for what your snapshot on rapid fire.

Nyan hopes this helps! <(^^<)
11/23/2013 05:05 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
What is the goal?
What are we aiming for?

hey Nyan, counterargument for high eHP is 'passive DPS' as in my current build. It's end game for me, most survivable-most eDPS I've been able to find..

(>^^)>
Very nice man. I do have a question? Will there be a in-game (real time) tutorial of gear swapping technique?

(>^^)>
yes <(^^<)
if you aren't taking advantage of this information you are playing DH wrong.

love it.
Amazing Nyan! Thanks a bunch!

(>^,^)>
Interesting. Since I posted my video, there has been significantly more legacy natalya's set items on the GAH. Particularly the natalya's gaze and shadow.
11/25/2013 11:21 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Interesting. Since I posted my video, there has been significantly more legacy natalya's set items on the GAH. Particularly the natalya's gaze and shadow.

Are you trying to say you bought them all? Then you posted the video and listed those items for sale? If so, I bow to you cause that would be a great way of making a huge amount of gold LOL.

(>^^)>