Got a DH RoS Question? Ask away.

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
so, in my current build I tank like crazy and do a lot more eDPS than any ranged DH build available in live game

Pretty bold claim to have when only a week ago you didn't know ranged play even existed. Mind showing me some vids? Preferably a Butcher kill or sk/magda uber, or even a generalized run using your current spec would suffice.

Archery passive - the 1 Hatred for dual wielding, is that per second or per shot.

ty

Shot.

That's good.

@OP, I think it's pretty cool having you come over and do this for the eager community here and thanks for your time :)
11/25/2013 07:44 AMPosted by DiEoxidE
@OP, I think it's pretty cool having you come over and do this for the eager community here and thanks for your time :)

+1 from me as well.
Posted by DiEoxidE

+1 from me as well.

He's one of us. A hunter at heart, look at his profile ^.^

Thanks again tho!

One more quick one for yea:

Does Hot Pursuit go over the cap?
I was reading over the MVP selection proccess etc.. Narull and Galx fits the requirements 100% in recent memory.

1 - active in forum
2 - very in touch with the over all sentiments / outcry of the community
3 - Most importantly, maintains mature and objective response.

Well deserved and we need more MVPs like these. Hope you listen to these guys Community Managers..
11/25/2013 08:49 AMPosted by BlackVenom

Oh.. damn.. That killed my chances..
11/25/2013 08:49 AMPosted by BlackVenom
1 - active in forum
2 - very in touch with the over all sentiments / outcry of the community

Hmmm, must have blagged my way in ;P
Hi Narull,

Thanks for doing this!

I've searched online for quite some time and haven't found a whole lot about this:

What do the new passives do, and what are the runes for Vengeance?

I appreciate your time!

EDIT: whoops just found this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10670717347
A question of my own..

That Legendary that reduces the SET REQ by 1. How does that function?

If I have just 1 set item equipped, and I equip that ring, it'll make me get the 2piece effect? If not then.. Back to the drawing boards :))
Archery passive - the 1 Hatred for dual wielding, is that per second or per shot.

Narull, thank you for your time, but are you sure it only adds +1 per attack?

From my understand Resource Generation by 1 =
1. all Generator gain 1 additional Hatred
2. base regeneration went up by 1 (from 4 to 5)
3. skill that return Hatred (i.e. Mark-ME) will add 1 additional Hatred
4. preparation-punishment will add 126 per 25 discipline or if it is calculated like this
125/25 = 5/disc then it will be 6 x25 = 150 Hatred per 25 discipline

Can you please do a quick test for PP. Maybe test it this way, use Vengeance (passive) to gain 25 max Hatred, spent all Hatred then active PP.
11/25/2013 05:25 AMPosted by TastySouP
High CHC, jagged spikes, night stalker, use all your discipline and see if it fills up. then take a windforce, use jagged spikes and see if they get KB when running over it.

Nice things to test but I can already predict the result

1. proc NS = NO
2. proc Knockback = NO (ground dot don't proc knockback)

use LoH and swap a high vit armor in battle then see if you get any healing from JS will be enough to test the proc rate. Please record total loh and the healing number you see, thanks.
Hello, I've never been able to get the RoS beta myself. But there is a build that I have always wanted to see.

As for questions, I wonder if sentries and companions still doesn't get any benefits from critical hit chance/damage.

Here is the complete build I would love to test, but can't:

Actives:
Rain of Arrows - Shade
Fan of Knives - Knives expert
Evasive Fire - Parting Gift
Smoke Screen - Choking Gas
Shadow Power - Well of Darkness
Vengeance - Seethe

Passives:
Blood Vengeance
Perfectionist
Tactical Advantage
Brooding

If it would be possible, I would love to see you try this build out!
Oh, this is not about DH but can you give me a screenshot on splash damage. I'm still wondering how does it work (profile description and one is action will be the best). Thanks.
Can you please do a quick test for PP. Maybe test it this way, use Vengeance to gain 25 max Hatred, spent all Hatred then active PP.

Hard to actually test that out because he does have innate Hatred Generation >_< Though this

11/25/2013 10:16 AMPosted by KirusAlufras

can be easily seen. Others are very hard to catch unless you go FRAME by FRAME.
11/25/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Chrizzle
Can you please do a quick test for PP. Maybe test it this way, use Vengeance to gain 25 max Hatred, spent all Hatred then active PP.

Hard to actually test that out because he does have innate Hatred Generation >_< Though this

11/25/2013 10:16 AMPosted by KirusAlufras

can be easily seen. Others are very hard to catch unless you go FRAME by FRAME.

WHY?

150 Hatred use 6x Multishot you are 'empty' and then hit PP and spent 25/30 discipline to gain some Hatred. If it fills all the way up. Conclusion #2. If not Conclusion #1. Test can be done in town.

To test the other all you need is high aps. Have 2.51~3.01 and attack with generator (EF) then with impale and see the result. The generation speed should be very easy to see, IMO...

~edit~
don't test with EF, blizz broke it by adding spreads... please using Entangling Shot if you are testing, thanks.
@OP - you have your work cut out for you for sure. For every post reply and request there are hundreds of DHers that are quietly reading and waiting for your response patiently !

Thanks for doing this again!

I heard D3MON didn't get RoS beta??? WTF??? The only MVP that mains a DH is shut out?

I am hoping it's an oversight?? either that or DH just has the worst luck ... ^_^

@D3MON - you use the fun card too often.. You're DQed as an MVP. You have fun playing a DH which also means you're were doing it wrong this whole time so maybe ( you're suppose to be efficient - mate), maybe that's why you don't a Beta key ( sorry mate - low blow ^_^ - just trolling at this point now )
Thanks for doing this thread, Narull.
Just an update for people, I have added the current questions to a txt file for me to go through and answer. Was playing before maint and now doing the rl thing but will work on answering current questions in a couple of hours.

Upside from tonights bounty play, new toys!

http://i.imgur.com/BmVSdeS.jpg (hoping I can get more of the set ASAP)

http://i.imgur.com/BSPBDm3.jpg Works well with Frost Arrow and have changed Rain of fire rune too stampede to get the benifit.

http://i.imgur.com/uJ47GaC.jpg The worst of the element rings, but still a nice upgrade and now cold damage can't kill me(I want the lightning version personally).

Actually couple of questions easily answerable now:

11/25/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Alagos
from the shadows looks awesome at procing stun...is it as good as it looks???

awesome find in the end for the xbow...did you use it or stuck with your rare due to higher DPS & crushing bow

A: From the shadows is amazing, the stun proc is pretty damn high, damage is great and hell it looks amazing as well, having a bunch of shadow demon hunters stunning things for you is awesome. =D

I actually reenchanted the socket on the bow to attack speed which gave the bow more dps than the rare so I'm using it now(damn I can rain of vengeance a lot with it). I don't want to start relying on crushing blows because I and other beta testers really think it will be completely reworked before live, it's just too powerful for now(even with the changes Blizz has already said are coming.

11/25/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Chrizzle
A question of my own..

That Legendary that reduces the SET REQ by 1. How does that function?

If I have just 1 set item equipped, and I equip that ring, it'll make me get the 2piece effect? If not then.. Back to the drawing boards :))

A: Edit: I went off second hand info so was wrong about 1 piece turning to 2. It only works if you have 2 pieces of a set and up, so 2 piece would turn to 3.

11/25/2013 08:36 AMPosted by TastySouP

A: Indeed it does, but remember it's changed so it only affects you after you hit something. http://i.imgur.com/SQjLBvq.jpg

Need sleep for now! But will do some of the build tests and such tonight, one thing that sucks is I'm pretty broke in beta(and in live) and if I do another copy I lose what I already have so I'm trying to figure out something so I can test different builds with enchanting. Oh and thanks for the nice comments, was worried I'd get flamed for not being good enough.

A: Indeed it does, but remember it's changed so it only affects you after you hit something.

<3!
11/25/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Chrizzle

Oh.. damn.. That killed my chances..

I dunno, Drothvader on GD forums is pretty aggressive and often has told the community to stop whining etc. Cool guy though.