What Would You Ask About Legendary Item Design?

Blizzard Archive
Our Design a Legendary project is continuing in full-force, and tomorrow, Wednesday December 11, you'll have the opportunity to tune-in for a special episode of TwizzCast from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. PT, which will feature game designers Travis Day and John Yang, as well as hosts and guests Twizz, Archon the Wizard, Flux, and Monstrous!

This livestream will cover a variety of topics including the design process for Legendary items in Reaper of Souls, but it will also give players the opportunity to share and discuss suggestions on what kind of powers they'd like our community-designed Legendary to have.

So to set the stage for tomorrow's exciting podcast, we want to know: If you could ask Travis or John a question about Legendary item design on tomorrow’s TwizzCast, what would it be?

Leave a comment below to let us know, or head on over to our latest Design a Legendary blog and join in the discussion there: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11902529/
Just make it shiny.
Could you please make this legendary really build changing?

My idea is that since Mephisto is the Lord of Hatred, it should remove the hatred cost from your skills, or maybe double your hatred regen. It would make sword and board DHs actually viable.
The sword makes everyone hate you :P
Shoot frozen orb?
This sword made me hate the feel of cotton.

Fortunately there is a pill that cures the effect.

Unfortunately I can't get any pills out of the bottle.

Dodges tomato
When struck by this sword of hate you are compelled to love, therefore when an enemy is struck it allies itself with you for a spell .
How do you keep up with all of the code!

I can only imagine that building a new class with its own set of rules can be a nightmare for the development team.

HOW DO YOU DO IT!?
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Hmm, what are the aspects to consider when designing a Legendary Item for a game like Diablo 3?

Is it originality (design and/or affixes wise)
Usefulness (are the players going to use it in the long run)
Respect/reference of the Lore (Mephisto themed blade for exemple)
Fun factor (silly effects that are funny and leave an imprint, but are not all that efficient)
Something else?

If I may go further, what do you personally consider a *fun* item to be? Something amusing, strong stats, unique effect?
What is the plan for building synergy among multiple Legendaries? If one Legnedary opens a new build, will the right four Legendaries open God mode?
How about some Zombie Dog reduction gear? Like the Skull Grasp or the Stone of Jordan.
how about a new helm with zombie dog reduction gear maybe with cc and ias because the build thrives with aps
Do you consider how new legendary effects might interact with other legendary effects? or do you let it stand on its own and let the cards fall how they may?
12/10/2013 05:29 PMPosted by DrothVader
How do you keep up with all of the code!

I can only imagine that building a new class with its own set of rules can be a nightmare for the development team.

HOW DO YOU DO IT!?

Unrelated, but I too would like to know this...O.o
+1 at Reaper's repost of heyguyslol's thread.

heyguyslol's original post is the voice of every WD that run 0Dog spec for their main.

Blizz, don't sac the dogs. That's our job.