Reaper & Luffy's Beta Testing of ROS for WD

Witch Doctor
12/14/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Wachati
Can you guys do some testing with Sycophants and provide feedback in the RoS thread? They added a lot of cool items and buffed the damage to 130% weapon damage but still some major concerns from what I can see in the PTR:

1) Still die way to quickly and we have no info on how their survivability is calculated.
2) Fetish Army from runes or item proc will wipe all the existing ones.
3) All pets don't benefit from crit damage (might be intended)
4) Need more ranged ones!

Odif:
I am interested in Pets.
What are the proc rates like for burning dogs?
What abilities, like splash damage, or immunities from individual elements are carried over to pets?
etc.
How squishy are pets in torrent?
I hear very squishy :(

I have not tested these but I too am very interested in these things as well

Thanks for your feedback
Just an update guys:

I do have a very brief recorded session on my twitch channel, but as you can see the lag was so bad. But you can see my gear, and skills and stats I have so far.

IDK how viable COB will be in ROS.There is so much knockback and ranged attackers in this game. A WD cant just stand in one place anymore, which is fine with me TBH.

I have not yet found any upgrades for 0-Dog, and have not been able to change stats on that gear yet due to the fact Legs are not dropping for me to find to salvage, so I can use the Mystic.
IDK if the drops are regulated by the level you run, so far Leg drops are not happening for me.

Maybe this is something that needs to be looked at.

Some key things I have observed...at least in ACT V

1. Crowd Control is a must.
2. I have found it necessary to have leeching dogs, not only for crowd control but for the healing which BTW is amazing..
atm I have 5k plus LOH, no LS and am doing fine on Master anyway.
3. Assigning paragon point to stats will be important, Luff and I were in game and discussing this might be helpful to you guys in what we did....standby on this.
4. I have been using SB, SiW rune and using my 4 dogs and paranhas as crowd control, it seems to be working fine so far. Luff seems to agree with this, but Ill let him tell you.
5. I find SV is a must passive to have set all the time, for surviabilty and the CDR of SW especially...you will use SW ALOT :P
6. I feel SB should be buffed more tbh, I feel it will be a skill needed to make WD a more ranged attacker which they are suppose to be anyway. Blizz needs to address this I think.
7. I feel Blizz needs to work on the surviabilty of Pets, They die to quick IMO.

I still dont have gear to make my build viable for Torment levels, seems to be slow going onfinding upgrades.
Smart drops is ok, but im finding lots of DH and barb gear atm as well ...weird.

Streaming is an issue for me guys sorry, it lags my game too much atm, I have to figure out why this is happening...So i will record some game play for you guys instead.

More to come :)
Hey reap or luff can u do me a favor. I was messing around in the ptr and I was usuing acid cloud/corpse bomb rune. Does 500%+ damage and the ring it created is pretty big and ur able to place it anywhere in view. It also isn't a channel so u can move around. I was usuing this and cob and tbh I really like the rune. With my gear copied over I was doing 1-4mil crits usuing ac/cb rune and it was very effective. Let me know how it looks viability wise at lvl 70. With a skills like this high ais and high mana regen might be a cool way to go. I was usuing my typical bats build when doing this and was fine on mana. But that could change at lvl 70. Take a look and tell me what u think guys.
12/15/2013 11:36 AMPosted by EvoIution
Hey reap or muff can u do me a favor. I was messing around in the ptr and I was usuing acid cloud/corpse bomb rune. Does 500%+ damage and the ring it created is pretty big and ur able to place it anywhere in view

Tested this as well...the jury is still out on this my friend ;)
12/15/2013 12:29 PMPosted by REAPER666
Hey reap or muff can u do me a favor. I was messing around in the ptr and I was usuing acid cloud/corpse bomb rune. Does 500%+ damage and the ring it created is pretty big and ur able to place it anywhere in view

Nice yea let me know. I know in the little time I was usuing it I was enjoying it. It's aoe good dps and can be placed anywhere.
Started testing things here and there...
1. Created a clan called Piranhas. Anyone in PTR can join.
2. CoB (and Piranhas):
CoB works..but can't sustain very well.
Initial plan: Tried to use Piranhas 3rd rune "Piranhado" to suck mobs into one spot and do CoB.
Piranhado itself is super awesome... no need a pull monk to pull for us. and it can even pull yellow elites!!!! only 8 sec cooldown...

However, it is not as hot as I expected...

GI cool-down reduction doesn't seem to work on Piranhas (???!)

The build need Physical Attunement passive to work.....
see at the end of the video piranhas suck in the yellow hulk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahC6huQW88&feature=youtu.be

3. Now I am doing more range attack instead of CoB. Mostly use spirit barrage, wall zombies and piranhas.
We just noticed that GI doesnt not proc with paranhas O_o

why?...I have no clue ;/
12/15/2013 12:50 PMPosted by EvoIution

Nice yea let me know. I know in the little time I was usuing it I was enjoying it. It's aoe good dps and can be placed anywhere.

I re-geared and ran AC/CB for a while this afternoon. Got my manna/per second up to 130, so I could almost spam CB. AC/CB would be pretty sweet if you could get your manna regen/cost reduction down to the point that you could spam the skill. Might almost make up for 0-dog getting hosed.
On the PTR I was using ROE with SB/WoS and AC/CB. With SW/SH/SB, thats 300 mana over 10 seconds…AC/CB wasnt spammable, but I could let it loose for a while. I was using a LS Skorn, still, though, so I could be mislead--changing out WoS for SiW might help a little bit. With GotD it might make CB a little more efficient.

I did notice, at least with Leg Zuni set, that ROE makes SB spammable.

How is Physical Attonement? Does it help CoB/Bears at all? Seems like the only builds that would really take advantage of it.
I'm currently using Spirit Vessel, Spiritual Attunement, and Grave Injustice. Still mostly geared in my 0-dog stuff, just swapped the mojo and the helm.

I just barge into what passes for a mob, pop SH, then cut loose with a bunch of CBs. If I don't go too crazy, I can drop several CBs and still keep the mana globe around 1/2 full. I'm wearing a 4-piece zuni (including mojo) and a Visage of Guiya with +mana regen. I'm just under 130 per second.
either of you find a good last breath yet? with tribal rites, it seems like MC every 5 sec might be nice for CC
On the PTR I was using ROE with SB/WoS and AC/CB. With SW/SH/SB, thats 300 mana over 10 seconds…AC/CB wasnt spammable, but I could let it loose for a while. I was using a LS Skorn, still, though, so I could be mislead--changing out WoS for SiW might help a little bit. With GotD it might make CB a little more efficient.

Took off the LS Skorn and threw on some random junk I had picked up, which dropped my DPS by 100k, but upped my life by something like 20k…

I died twice in limited play time against the Armaddons in A4, but otherwise I wasnt having a problem. It was harder to maintain without the Leg Zuni set, though (but I have no other mana regen at the time, either).

I was using LC: SB-SiW, RC: ZC-ZB. 1: SW-Jaunt, 2: SH Vengeful Spirit (nice dmg, but might switch it out since I used it for a "oh snap, i need to heal" button in D3V), 3: Sac-FtM, 4: BBV-Slam Dance. Passives: GI, CoL, RoE.

Hope I get a key in one of these upcoming waves so I can try that 4th passive slot. Also really want to see a nice Last Breath, for the reason I stated above. Not sure PA is going to become a necessary passive in RoS, but it seems like it might. If you can get by without it, then Tribal Rites it up and switch that 4th skill to MC- (Paranoia or Devolution--more dogs to keep you alive).
Those of you that have reached 70, have you tested mana regeneration *without* Zuni suit?

"How bad is it doc?" ;)
spec,

im not there yet myself, gear anyway
the reduction of cost on resources gear is needed for this

i wish i had 10 hrs a day to run like some other streamers, but i dont, so gear is coming in slow.

im still using 4 pc atm
ButteryNugs
View profile
either of you find a good last breath yet? with tribal rites, it seems like MC every 5 sec might be nice for CC
9 hours ago

not yet bud
just saw this on diablofans

Witch Doctor DoT Set (New)

2 pieces: [+500 Intelligence]
4 pieces: [Increases Mana regeneration by 20 per second]
6 pieces: [Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing their remaining damage.]

new wd set. seems like it could be really cool for dot build.
I'll take that 4 piece bonus all day. that last bonus sounds cool, but i'd have t see it in action first.
12/15/2013 08:45 PMPosted by REAPER666
GI doesnt not proc with paranhas

This is very annoying..and this is a major skills i was using.
Hulk, yellow packs.. all got suck into the pool...extremely useful.
I died quite often using CoB... extremely risky to be used in hardcore.

I can use spirit barrage, wall, paranhas to kite. This way mana is not used much at all..but the damage is not quite there.

Pileon, on the other hand, is awesome on damage. (Now I kinda miss its knockback feature...)

I got a drop of high dps knife with mana gen.. I put a diamond on it for 16% extra elite damage.

I did some bounty games with another crusader yesterday
He was just para lvl 75. At lvl 70 and all rare drops from loots, somehow he was at dps over 500k.
There is a skill giving crusader 100% crit chance... very powerful.

I think i can come up with a crusader build to absorb all damage from WDs and let them spam CoB more safely... (will see....)

Physical Attunement passive (PA) is a great passive for defense buff. It's not good for killing boss (only 1 monster around).

That means... if there are a lot of mobs around, CoB is good (WD protected by PA).
Otherwise, if there is only 1 boss left, WD better keep a distance and use some range attack skill instead (pileon, bear, SB, etc.)
Pileon, on the other hand, is awesome on damage. (Now I kinda miss its knockback feature...)

Thanks for confirming this Luffy, I knew you'd check it out for us pretty quickly. Now to go flip some tables since pile on won't do it for me anymore...
12/16/2013 03:05 PMPosted by EvoIution
just saw this on diablofans

Witch Doctor DoT Set (New)

2 pieces: [+500 Intelligence]
4 pieces: [Increases Mana regeneration by 20 per second]
6 pieces: [Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing their remaining damage.]

new wd set. seems like it could be really cool for dot build.

6 pieces ?? that's going to take a while.

Manitou and Spider Queen :D