heyguyslol Quitting D3

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
12/12/2013 02:34 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
What does a forum MVP even do? Is it something anyone should actually be concerned with whatsoever?

it shows for 1 that they even care or show support. the mvp i belive can also relay info back to blues even though they are thier own entity and dont work or speak for blizz.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716?page=1#2

thats what a mvp is.
heyquyslol's quit will be a great loss to our WD community.
You brought up a lot of good 0 dog players and your contribution to the WD community is unparalleled.

I sincerely hope you can still stay around longer to have a taste of lvl 70 0dog mojo.

Anyhow, you are the best 0 dog player and will be remembered.
Monk forums got 2 MVP's.

The first one I havent seen him post in a long long time, and most of the veteran guys I know of have NO idea how/why he got MVP. He was just building sets for people... (which would put him out of business come RoS)

/shrug.

It took a while, but Druin finally got MVP which was well deserved. I think he had a bit of discussion with a few CM's before that happened. That I am happy about

To me that shows there is some disconnect between community and the CM's. A bit like giving beta access to a mule account!
Gents,

I guess maybe its THIS now I'm thinking about it.

There's just not enough of us here left to make a difference, and those that are still running don't post or don't care, or don't understand, and are willing stand on the side line and be spoon feed what is presented to them.

I mean if you look at the players responding, its the same bunch of die hard players who actually care what happens and give a crap.

Our numbers may be our downfall.
12/12/2013 03:06 PMPosted by REAPER666
Gents,

There's just not enough of us here left to make a difference, and those that are still running don't post or don't care, or don't understand, and are willing stand on the side line and be spoon feed what is presented to them.

I mean if you look at the players responding, its the same bunch of die hard players who actually care what happens and give a crap.

I am on the same page with you and I know what you feel...

Look at the brightside.
Remember the days when our dogs couldn't even survive in inferno?
We have been worse.
We have been a long way and we are not the worst class at this moment(actually it's quite opposite of it).
We are not the worst one in RoS as what I can see so far.

Please don't feel isolated and discouraged.

Our forum is not dead and we are still very alive.
Questions got answered quickly in our forum. We have daily posters and a clan of good players.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10673937481
I am on the same page with you and I know what you feel...

Look at the brightside.
Remember the days when our dogs couldn't even survive in inferno?
We have been worse.
We have been a long way and we are not the worst class at this moment(actually it's quite opposite of it).
We are not the worst one in RoS as what I can see so far.

Please don't feel isolated and discouraged.

Our forum is not dead and we are still very alive.
Questions got answered quickly in our forum. We have daily posters and a clan of good players.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10673937481

Thanks my friend, I needed that pep talk :)
Sorry to hear that Shawn, Good luck in your future endeavors!

Stay the course guys. As I said in a very old thread, the active WD community (as small as we are) has some of the brightest minds in the game; not to mention the most mature imo. I don't know about you guys, but I chalk that up to the short comings of the WD class. It gave a particular type of players (us) a different kind of challenge imo; which we were more than happy to undertake. We managed just fine in our little secluded bubble. Can the class be improved? Of course, there's always room to get better. But, no matter what and how Blizzard improves or breaks the class... I know the few that's left in the community will make do with the cards that was dealt to us and again we will be more than happy to take on these future challenges.

As Shawn said, bottom line is so long as we're enjoying ourselves and having fun... then no worries.

As much as I hate to admit it, the game is broken. Being a part of a community so passionate to remedy that... That's what keeps me playing.
I hope you change your mind but i understand im gonna try everything to get the build to work but no pur is a big one

good luck in future if you do but you will be missed :(
OK Guys. I have felt like Heyguys and Reaper since they brought out the changes in 1.08 and unleashed the great firebats nerf on us. Yes CoB bought a lot of people into the WD, but to me it always felt to easy and cheap.

I was hooking up with Fean (now a green) and the EU WDs at the time, and they had supposedly many meetings on how to improve the WD with Blizz and the grand result of all that was CoB. CoB was never one of the desires put forward by WDs -- but that was what we got.

I have had little faith in Blizz since then, and with all their console developement and lack of options proposed for PC players, they are turning this into strictly a console game.

I have been playing PoE for about 3 three weeks and I have to say us WDs are made for that game. Not because it has anything to do with our skills, but it has many, many more options than D3 ever had and most WDs want to think about their build and their gear and how to maximize it. Overall It is much more in-depth than D3 and from what I can see, it has a ton of build options.

I would seriously suggest that game to most of you. Hell if nothing else start a character and play it up to high level in your 'spare' time.

I'm still skywalkerfx if anyone wants to PM me on the darkside. I think we should form up a guild over there.
12/12/2013 04:53 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
OK Guys. I have felt like Heyguys and Reaper since they brought out the changes in 1.08 and unleashed the great firebats nerf on us. Yes CoB bought a lot of people into the WD, but to me it always felt to easy and cheap.

I was hooking up with Fean (now a green) and the EU WDs at the time, and they had supposedly many meetings on how to improve the WD with Blizz and the grand result of all that was CoB. CoB was never one of the desires put forward by WDs -- but that was what we got.

I have had little faith in Blizz since then, and with all their console developement and lack of options proposed for PC players, they are turning this into strictly a console game.

I have been playing PoE for about 3 three weeks and I have to say us WDs are made for that game. Not because it has anything to do with our skills, but it has many, many more options than D3 ever had and most WDs want to think about their build and their gear and how to maximize it. Overall It is much more in-depth than D3 and from what I can see, it has a ton of build options.

I would seriously suggest that game to most of you. Hell if nothing else start a character and play it up to high level in your 'spare' time.

I'm still skywalkerfx if anyone wants to PM me on the darkside. I think we should form up a guild over there.

I downloaded PoE a while back but never gave it a fair day in court. Since I'm free of D3 I will be glad to try it out. I've seen live streams of it and the scenery looks appealing. The only thing that intimidates me is the skill system its HUGE lol.
Hey Bro, the PTR launch today, give it a try before fully quit, :)
The play style change a lot in ROS, try something than ZD.

I'm also consider "quit" lately as I login daily to check AH, sell items and stay afk or offline again.
Only gain 1 plvl in passed 3 weeks.
I will have to look at PoE. I remember when it first came out and offered a ton of ways you could build a character - then did not try it because I heard later that there were only several builds/skill trees (however that works) that actually worked well - yet SC is on hold for me & I only dabble in HC just to goof around "I still want to make the tanking Sheild WD build there haha. (Almost all my friends have died in HC and quit and gone back to SC or they are waiting for the ROS or a new patch and I can not blame them. One of my friends came on the other day and told me he is playing PoE until ROS and loves it so maybe I will look it over this weekend.
12/12/2013 04:47 PMPosted by baggins
I hope you change your mind but i understand im gonna try everything to get the build to work but no pur is a big one

good luck in future if you do but you will be missed :(

Yep in the new beta they removed the PUR option from Paragons. If they are keeping the spawn points the same for health globes from dogs the build wont work because you wont be able to maintain GF. You would need pur on just about every item slot which gimps the build drastically because you will be replacing pur for other important stats.

So even if they fix the cool down reduction, they have broken our pur ability for the build. Furthermore Blizzard has drastically lowered items with attack speed so getting to at least 2.0 aps with 0 Dog is going to be very hard if not impossible and even if you can reach it you gimp yourself again by replacing cc, cd, avg dmg, cb, and sd just to get ias.

I realized this sad fact this morning with I saw the new Paragon system that we are literally beating a dead horse. I'm done wasting my time with Blizzard, my patience with that company has run out. If they fix all these problems then of coarse I will probably come back for RoS but I highly doubt they will. Kudos to you for having faith in Blizzard but time and experience as told me otherwise which is why I'm moving on. Trust me I would give anything to continue to play 0 Dog in RoS nothing would make me happier but unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
12/12/2013 05:05 PMPosted by KentLau
Hey Bro, the PTR launch today, give it a try before fully quit, :)
The play style change a lot in ROS, try something than ZD.

I'm also consider "quit" lately as I login daily to check AH, sell items and stay afk or offline again.
Only gain 1 plvl in passed 3 weeks.

I've watched WD's play bears, cob, 0 dog, and toads. The only build that I saw that was viable was the toads build which I personally have no interest in. If zombie bears still worked I would consider running a bears build but all the docs I saw running it were going oom and loosing the 4 pc zuni mana bonus did not help. CoB players kept dying because they can't heal enough to face tank. 0 Dog worked before todays patch *if* the player has legacy 0 dog items. The sad fact is blizzard has literally fubar'd the WD class on several builds not just 0 Dog. Unfortunately the way I see it is, if I can't play the build I love then I won't play at all. It's like being stranded on a desert island with another man and no women around, I'm not going to have sex with a man because thats my only option, I'm just not built that way, I like vag ina just like I like playing 0 Dog, make sense?
12/12/2013 05:25 PMPosted by heyguyslol
It's like being stranded on a desert island with another man and no women around, I'm not going to have sex with a man because thats my only option, I'm just not built that way, I like vag ina just like I like playing 0 Dog, make sense?

Nice analogy. Sums up your reasons nicely.
More about PoE.

OK I'm a level 48 Templar (a fighter/magic user), I'm in Cruel (2nd Act), and I'm still learning.

Which ever character class you choose, determines where you start on a giant skill tree. So in theory, any class can use any skill. You get one skill point per level so it isn't practical to spend 10 skill points just moving around the skill tree to get another classes skill unless you think it is worth the points.

The other side of skills are the "skill gems". These will drop and be quest rewards. Skill gems must be socketed in gear to be used. In some cases skills on the skill tree can be obtained by gems and vice versa. I probably have 30 different skill gems, of which, 15 I actively use and the rest I am saving for other charcters or trade.

So the character you build will be the product of the skills you choose on the tree, the skill gems from quest rewards, and the skill gems that randomly drop.

You can also trade for the gems and all other gear. The game also has guilds and shared guild stash which is controlled by the guild officers. It cost about $10-$20 bucks to get 10 guild team slots and a few guild stash pages. And you can charge people to join the guild.

They have all these contests where they have short competition games, ladders, leagues etc. So you could play this game all day if you wanted to. The game is stable, free for the most part, more complex than D3, and the developers are constantly improving the game and are accessable.

What's not to like??
12/12/2013 05:46 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
What's not to like??

Yeah, GGG got their shiz together.

@skywalkerfx, not sure if you've seen this, but you might get a kick out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq4QDT8QDhc
I was just looking at the main webpage. I will download the game onto my new Alienware 14 laptop which I got a short time ago for work (lol not gaming) just for the pure power and over the weekend with relatives I will download the game and at least look it over.

How do I get one of those thanksgiving hats I saw on on of the developers patch info vids. HaHa kidding. The game looks like it has progressed a ton since it first came out which was when I heard about it.