New wave of invitations?

General Discussion
Any speculations about if and when are Blizzard gonna do another wave of invitations for RoS beta? Thanks ^_^
Well, a new wave certainly did not go out since I did not get in :)

I would imagine that they will send a new wave after their next major patch that wipe-out all progress.
When would that be Doom? :) And nice seeing you here in forums too :) Greets :3
From the RoS Announcement and FAQ

How many players do you plan to invite to the beta test?
The number of players we invite will be based on our testing needs. If during the course of testing we determine we need more players to participate, we’ll invite more.

And they also say
Invites to the Reaper of Souls Closed Beta will be extremely limited, however, and opting in to the beta is your best way to get in.

They do not say if they will invite more or, if they need more testers, when that might be. The point about extremely limited is brought up many times in the arcticle so I do not expect large waves.
Meh :( , i hope they need more players for testing. :) Thanks Cheetah. Its cool to see MVP :D
12/17/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Cicmile
When would that be Doom? :) And nice seeing you here in forums too :) Greets :3

Hai :) Your best hope would be if they do an Open Beta 1-2 week(s) before closing it... which means in 2-3 months?

I think they still need to test their MMS. I rarely see anyone use it. Private game + invite seems much better. We don't even have the option to join "any quest" anymore, I think.

12/17/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Archangel
Since there is no real criteria to being invited...it would be cool if they rotated people through. That way everyone could try it and they could get a variety of feedback.

Well, PTR is there to test out the new difficulty, Loot 2.0, New skills, new crafting system pre-RoS, Story mode, etc.

RoS Beta gets to test Act 5, more cursed chest event, Crusader, Torment, New Legendary, etc.

They are testing their whole game with 2 separate group.
I thought it was open. I signed up yesterday and was able to play today. so I figured they opened it up to everyone with an account.
12/17/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Flea
I thought it was open. I signed up yesterday and was able to play today. so I figured they opened it up to everyone with an account.

You are probably playing the Vanilla patch on the PTR that comes before the expansion is released.
12/17/2013 01:33 PMPosted by DoomBringer
They are testing their whole game with 2 separate group.

On the same server however. Which is fun to see the general chat fill up with iLVL 70 items you can't get.
For me its not fun to see something that is so powerfull and i can't get it. :) haha
Perhaps I am wrong, but I feel it is in Blizzard's best interest to let more people demo RoS. I will not buy it if I can't try out the new systems.

They didn't get my money for HotS and they won't for RoS.
Is it true that one of criteria for getting invited to RoS closed beta is your system specs?
12/18/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Cicmile
Is it true that one of criteria for getting invited to RoS closed beta is your system specs?

That's the primary reason for the opt-in. They want to test it on a wide array of platforms and system configs. None of my Mac system profiles were selected.... just a very obscure Windows laptop configuration (I have several D3 licenses and also have some other accounts with other game keys on them - all with different system profiles attached).

Safe to say, outside of being one of the few handpicked ones (like streamers, those who run community sites for Blizzard IPs, most MVP's, and the very few regular folks on this forum who were sent actual keys because they were recognized as such for having a history of providing constructive feedback/criticism), you need to be very lucky to have your system configuration selected.

Note also that the game client is the same regardless of PTR or closed beta. Thus anyone playing the PTR is also logging the statistics they need for system profiles. Some closed beta content does stress hardware a bit more though so the only time they'll probably add more folks is when QA feels they need more performance data points.