The original nat set

Demon Hunter
Can teach us something about interesting itemization.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets6.shtml#natalyasodium
People really wanted to complete that set because the bonuses were so strong, when I finally completed mine it was a good, good day.

The set bonuses in this game are pathetic compared to many elite d2 sets. They are so holding back.

You could argue that sets like the d2 nats were overpowered, but it kept people playing the game for years looking for it. I know it did for me.
01/03/2014 09:50 AMPosted by sneakytails
People really wanted to complete that set because the bonuses were so strong, when I finally completed mine it was a good, good day.

I remember the first time I completed Immortal Kings, I was sooooo stoked haha. That shining gold aura.. drewl

( I keep reading the set as "Natalya Sodium" >.< )
( I keep reading the set as "Natalya Sodium" >.< )

Same here lol
What did people do with the set when they found it?

Put it up as a trophy?
If they wore it, did they just continue to do what they were doing before?
Was it used for the basic pvp?
01/03/2014 11:51 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
What did people do with the set when they found it?

Put it up as a trophy?
If they wore it, did they just continue to do what they were doing before?
Was it used for the basic pvp?

It wasn't necessarily the most game changing set in the game, but it was inspiring.

We still have a long way to go on itemization in D3. Nothing has looked or felt truly epic yet. So much still feels wrong at the core of the loot hunt, but that is just what I'm seeing in PTR. Can they do better? I hope so...
We still have a long way to go on itemization in D3. Nothing has looked or felt truly epic yet. So much still feels wrong at the core of the loot hunt, but that is just what I'm seeing in PTR. Can they do better? I hope so...

Well said.