Pools of Reflection (survival bonus)

General Discussion
In the new patch we now have pools of reflection which give us survival bonuses (basically you get bonus experience which is lost if you die; you can stack many of these together and they persist between game sessions).

The questions I have is - how many of these can you stack? I.e., how high of a bonus can you theoretically get if you're not dying?
Is this basicly a Passive buff on Hardcore or does it work differently there?
I've stacked 4 pools successfully so far, then got rope-a-dope vortexed into an arcane beam and walled......wah...wah...

Haven't been able to try and get more than 4 since.
They do not stack afaik. You only ever get 25% bonus.

For some crazy reason it has a duration, other than dying, and when you pick more up, the duration increases.

Adding a survival bonus to D3 would be awesome, but this system is nearly offensively bad in its design :/
01/23/2014 12:29 PMPosted by TheNightOwl
In the new patch we now have pools of reflection which give us survival bonuses (basically you get bonus experience which is lost if you die; you can stack many of these together and they persist between game sessions).

The questions I have is - how many of these can you stack? I.e., how high of a bonus can you theoretically get if you're not dying?

The overall bonus doesn't change, which is 25% no matter how many you stack. What does change is the pool size.

Think of the pool as bonus EXP. Every time you kill something 25% of the value of the EXP is subtracted from the pool and added to your final EXP.

E.G

Bonus Pool Start: 1,000

You kill a monster worth 1000 exp

the bonus pool awards you 250 exp extra.

So you have earned 1250 exp

Bonus Pool End: 750

That's pretty much how it works. To answer the other question, I've had 6 pools stacked at one time (the pool size was around 70M) and then I got jailed, frozen and plagued (followed by a loud expletive that I shouted)

I've had great succsess finding them in Leoric's manor and Leoric's hunting grounds. I once found 3 pools in Leoric's hunting grounds in the same game....thought it was odd but was happy to take them :)
01/23/2014 12:29 PMPosted by TheNightOwl
The questions I have is - how many of these can you stack?

Right now the Pool of Reflection buff stacks up to 10 times. Personally, I haven't been very lucky with finding enough of them to stack more than 2 or 3, but I'm sure some of you will be. Good luck finding them, and I'll quote Nevalistis to give a little more detail about the buff.

01/21/2014 06:31 PMPosted by Nevalistis
It should be granting 25% bonus experience on the current PTR and Closed Beta build.

Also, while the basic percent bonus doesn't increase with additional Pool of Reflection buffs, the length of the buff does effectively stack each time you claim an additional Pool. The amount of bonus experience you can benefit from should show up when you hover over your experience bar, and this value will increase by about 10% of the current experience required for your next level/Paragon level for each Pool claimed. This bonus persists on logout, but is lost upon death.
add the same amount % mf and im happy
  • Suggestion for the CM to pass on:
  • Can you please look into changing the name Pool of reflection for something more self describing like Pool of wisdom?

At first I thought it was related to the reflect damage mechanics, got killed a couple times testing that :P.
    Till yesterday I had stacked a bit over 200 million exp from this buff (until I did somethink vey stupid *g*). 10 Stacks is about what you need from para 154 to 155 (312.8 million needed).

The 25% is noteble combined with the new Hellfire Ring and some flat +exp items. But it still tages several days even for my low para 154 compared to the goal of para 800.
    Don't forget: 154 from 800 is like level 13 from max level 70. And we all know how fast you level up at level 13 ;).

PS: I don't say it should be as fast to get from paragon 154 to 155 as it would be from level 13 to 14!
    Only, that it is slow at the moment.

Would be intersting to know how many exp someone need from 799 to 800.
    01/23/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Shadout
    They do not stack afaik. You only ever get 25% bonus.

For some crazy reason it has a duration, other than dying, and when you pick more up, the duration increases.

Adding a survival bonus to D3 would be awesome, but this system is nearly offensively bad in its design :/

Actually, this is a nice middle ground. I like this solution. Doesn't feel mandatory, gives a nice bonus.
    There needs to be an icon when you click on it, just like the rest of your skills above the skill tray, and a definition as well.
    Is the +25% XP bonus a part of the normal experience bonuses, or does it multiply what you'd get? For example, if you're doing a difficulty that gives +300% experience, do you get +325% experience, or +300% * 1.25, so +375%?

I hope it's the latter, just because of how high experience% stacks. The difficulty bonuses are so huge, they kind of crowd out other bonuses.
    Deleted.....
    hI, I HAVE A bonus OF MORE THAN 14,000,000,000 THAT I WILL LOST IF I DIE.
    THE QUESTION IS : wHEN & HOW CAN I GOT IT AS I GOT SEVERAL MORE PARANGON AND THE "STAR" ALWAYS STAY AT THE END OF THE PARANGON LINE..
    I PLAY MAINLY WITH GROUPS AND I AVOID TO TOUCH THE POOLS OF REFLEXIONS BUT OTHER PAYER DO IT AND... I GOT EVERYTIME 25% MORE.... aNY CLUES WELCOME
    I lol'd