Baby wizard questions (Do all use CM/WW?)

Wizard
So I am less than 30 days into this game, always loved Diablo though! Just got a monk to 60 and working on paragon levels and progressing through Inferno. Liking it, but also want to try out a Wizard (or WD).

From what I've gathered reading through the forums, it appears WD are perhaps considered a stronger class (more survivable?) but I've always liked the concept of Frost Nova, dropping meteors, etc. Just a few quick questions:

1. Not sure I'm in love with the concept of CM/WW (but maybe I would after seeing it in action?) Is that for more of a higher MP level build, similar to how some of the monkk builds are only viable at mid-to-higher MP levels? Are other builds viable through questing MP0 inferno?

2. I've seen my brother powerlevel/quest my monk a bit while he was on his modest DH. Are wizards decent at that also? What skill do you use as a DPS skill for power-leveling?

Sorry, not as many questions as I thought!
1) yup cm/ww wiz is so viable in mp10. But you gotta find the right gears to do it. Viable doesn't mean efficient.

2) blizzard
1) For MP 1 - 7, Archon is the best build we have. Just fire lasers at everything and watch things melt. Easy, strong, but truth be told, a little monotonous. You should play at MP1, at least, because the higher mob density actually makes it easier than MP0. There's various other good Wizard builds, see the guide sticky for those.

2) Blizzard.
1) Do all wizards use CM/WW? No. Playing that build kills my wrist, but I'm an old guy who is already predisposed to repetitive stress injuries from factory and data entry jobs I once had.

My favorite wizard build is this (UA because I only play hardcore now)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPOQXY!Xhg!bZcZaZ
Some guys would probably jump all over that saying its not mp10 viable blah blah blah, but its fun for me and since i'm the one playing...

I will say this, if you gear for CM/WW now: high attack speed, high crit, oodles of APOC and OK damage, you can rock almost any build in RoS from the get-go. Paralysis+Prodigy+Forked Lightning+Lightning Meteor is pretty sweet

2) Blizzard or disintegrate
Power leveling is boring. Really boring. Unless you are doing it for money, don't do it.
01/29/2014 07:16 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Power leveling is boring. Really boring. Unless you are doing it for money, don't do it.

Well, some people seem to enjoy it... My last two chars I rolled from level 1 (monk and 2nd wiz) I had people on my friends list offering to pwr level me all the time. I declined all offers on the monk because I like to try the runes as I acquire them. On the wiz, I got bored around A2 NM and got some much needed XP from a pal... (BTW Thanks again, buddy, next 8-ball at the RRI is on me.)
For someone new to diablo, would it be best to ignore all the "best ways to prepare for RoS" and just get leveled up? It sounds like the majority of gear dropped is going to start better than our current stuff?

I think I have decided to start a wiz up as well. Best thing is to enjoy it - it's a game. I like the flavor of a wizard's spells, so look out!

Also, I should mention I wasn't interested in power-leveling so much as clearing out trash quickly.
Thanks!
01/29/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Santok
For someone new to diablo, would it be best to ignore all the "best ways to prepare for RoS" and just get leveled up? It sounds like the majority of gear dropped is going to start better than our current stuff?

Yes. Some really good pre-RoS gear will remain viable, but if you're just getting started, you'll find upgrades during the first day, even for those few slots.
01/29/2014 08:05 AMPosted by ChangBooster
On the wiz, I got bored around A2 NM and got some much needed XP from a pal... (BTW Thanks again, buddy, next 8-ball at the RRI is on me.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNeOutK_P8