[ATTENTION] Extended Maintenance - 2/25/2014 - Complete

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 40 Next
02/25/2014 09:34 AMPosted by Phanick
"We will be performing maintenance beginning on Tuesday, February 25th at 1:00 AM PST and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 15:00 AM PST."

Not to be a smartass, but as far as I know, there is no 15:00 AM...

1:00--->12:00 PM
13:00--->23:59 AM

Am I missing something?

you're definetely missing something

00:00 - 11:59 AM
12:00 - 23:59 PM

What you're actually missing: 2 hours ;) what happens to the time between 00:00 & 01:00 and 12:00 & 13:00 ?

so back on topic, whens the patch live and playable at gmt (ill do the +1 myself)
Again I must say,

Damn people tomorrow is another day, The game will still be here.Probably a good time to clean the snot and booger's off your mouse and keyboard's kiddies. Grow a pair!!!
02/25/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Cosmickiller
this is the fifth time I am downloading, bloating my harddisk

I may have a suggestion for you:

When the little box appeared and asked you: do you want to let this app (battlenet) to make change to our computer? did you say no.... (which could have flushed the temporary download file instead of installing them and then battlenet restarted the download...)

I think windows sometimes (only when it wants) remember your answer and will continue that loop ;P

If this is in fact the cause of the problem, there should be an option somewhere in windows control panel to restore the value for this particular app.

hopes this help.
02/25/2014 09:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Good morning everyone!

We're in the process of deploying patch 2.0.1 to the game as we speak. While deploying the patch, however, we encountered some unexpected (though minor) issues. To ensure these issues are resolved as quickly and as thoroughly as possible, maintenance has been extended for 4 hours. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and the game will be live at approximately 3:00 PM PST. We'll be sure to provide an update if that schedule changes.

Thanks so much for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!

Allow me to personally thank you for this update. I am excited to get into 2.0.1 right away and start playing on my demon hunter again (para 100 and feels like a waste to play, lol). Also, I appreciate the update to the status. Letting us know of the unexpected issues is a courtesy. Personally, I always plan for the worst and hope for the best, so a little set back doesn't bother me at all.
I have to say ... I can't wait! I want to say that I'm looking forward to ROS; especially after playing the beta. I will, however, really miss my WW barb.
I might cancel work tonight to play this when its ready!
guess auction house is only working on the real money side, since gold is now boa.
A quick question. Does this patch mean our currently owned legendaries will be BOA? Way to sneak that one up on us!! LOL
Any chance for a full set of patch notes? or at least a list of changes from the PTR patch notes back on the 12th?
02/25/2014 10:29 AMPosted by Phatty
guess auction house is only working on the real money side, since gold is now boa.

No official word, but I suspect the AH will still work, only you wont be able to trade gold in game.

A quick question. Does this patch mean our currently owned legendaries will be BOA?

"We'll be sure to provide an update if that schedule changes."

You misspelled if, it's actually spelled w h e n.

Happy to help.
As long as it's up and running by the time I get off work
In PTR old legendaries were not BOA.
02/25/2014 10:00 AMPosted by inyourface63
Great, everytime i take a break from this game then come back there is always a patch but now its re configuring my files. After OVER and hour it is playable but only halfway done. Even though it says it will take MAX an hour. Then I log on and they are doing maintenance. Blizzard I love this game but I am starting to go back to torchlight 2 for being able to play when I want.
Also to all you people saying being patient understand this is not an MMO. We should be able to play when we want. I have no problems waiting for updates but now I can't play in till 5:00pm my time because they are doing Maintenance? I have a life and can not play games all day. I am absolutely sick and tired of playing on Blizzards time and not my own. Now I have the new Client and it wont even log me in because it is Attempting to Wake up lol. So I cant even finish the download of new files. Plus they are adding about 14gb's to my hardrive. I am a pc gamer and have over 1tb of memory between two hard drives but this is getting crazy. Anyways Blizzard see you next month.

you cant be a pc gamer and think you have over 1tb of memory on hard drives. pc gamers understand terminology better. you are simply a gamer using a pc. allow me to educate instead of nit pick. memory, or RAM is the random access memory commonly thought of as short term memory. most pc's have around 2 gigs. on the higher end, they typically max at 64GB (some can have more). Hard drives contain storage. and 1tb of storage is okay, but not anything to brag about. i currently have 240GB SSD on my main system, 3 laptops with 120gb, 64gb and 16gb... these are all ssd. but my storage is on a NAS box (network attached storage) and has 15TB of redundantly protected space. I encourage you to take some time to look into computers to understand them better. your experience using them will greatly improve. and adding 14gb to the storage usage is a testiment to how much is actually being added to the game.

also, as to why it is taking you so long. what is the download speed peaking at? if you don't have p2p sharing set up in your blizz settings, you may be receiving the patch at a very slow rate. you could have a 100mbps connection, but if you limit yourself to a single source sending out at .5mbps... well, thats 99.5% wasted connection. Take a quick look at your settings.
I'm to assume that this patch essentially turns D3 into the most recent PTR for everyone, no? And that means bye bye CM Wizards and Perma-Wrath Barbs, yes?
02/25/2014 10:34 AMPosted by Matricius
In PTR old legendaries were not BOA.

yes, you can sell your old legendaries still. so farm hard and maybe you can replace your gear and sell ur old stuff before the ah is shut down. may not get much, but every little bit helps.
02/25/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Cosmickiller
Diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please check your connection settings.

Whenever I click play, it keeps showing me this..

please do something about this

I am facing this as well, no clue yet on how to repair besides reinstalling
Thank you Blizzard for your continued support! <3
exit the launcher, and reopen it with the battle.net icon and right click on the diablo 3 icon and move it up in the list to the top of the left hand side, and make sure u hit pause on w/e other games u have in that list. thats what i did and the streaming issue went away and started patching the game again