Resplendent Chests

General Discussion
04/02/2014 06:58 PMPosted by Apathy

I've literally not seen a single legendary drop from Resplendent chests since 2.0 and zero legendary drops from Cursed chests since the expansion released.

If i had to guess i'd say they can't drop legendaries. But if they can, they have the lowest drop rate of any item source in the game by far.

I agree, there is a bigger chance to get a leg from a dead body lying on the floor (well there are many more of those than resplendent chests).

Probably drop rate for resplendent chests is same like for normal chests, but there are much less resplendent ones around.

Anyway, so far I got only 2 legs from resplendent chests (both in 1.0.8), and that with toons that were nearish Paragon 100.

Also I like the idea of adding a chance to get legendary crafting materials from resplendent chests, too. That would make it much more worthwhile to search/clear dungeons to get to them.
04/02/2014 02:50 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/02/2014 02:35 PMPosted by LazyNCrazy
Is there any reason why these are so bad?

Resplendent Chests are currently a little less "resplendent" than they should be, and it's something we've already looked at. These should be improved in an upcoming patch, to make the treasures that lie within more deserving of their container's name. :)

Déjà vu anyone? Pretty sure this exact same thing was already debated, addressed, and "fixed" like over a year ago in patch 1.0.5 or something. Around the time they started giving a stack of NV.
04/02/2014 03:24 PMPosted by ardvark

A "little less" is a massive understatement.

Agree the Resplendent Chest are the same as the regular one's ...I personally thought it was a joke that Blizz was doing to us.

I wouldn't even say 'the same'. I at least get yellows and legendaries out of standard chests. I am lucky if I get a good gemstone or a yellow from resplendent ones.
when i runing t1 speed farm i will ignore all of them ecspecially the cursed one

Resplendent Chests are currently a little less "resplendent" than they should be, and it's something we've already looked at. These should be improved in an upcoming patch, to make the treasures that lie within more deserving of their container's name. :)

Blizzards lack of foresight on these kinds of things is getting ridiculous. Normal chests are much better. Reminds me of when yellows were better than legendaries. SCRUBS.
I will love if one goblin 35% = 1 set, 1 rep chest 35% = 1 leg. Whatever, someone would like to run the chest, hunt goblin all their day, but who care now, that rate is not bad at all since AH was down. It would make me more curious about when I detect a chest and at least I feel happy when I see them. To be fair, you can decrease the chance of spawning of them instead.

Actually I love when I see a leg/set item drops and glow in the ground, it could be good or bad, but I like it. You can add more good special set in future and make its drop rate is low after then
04/02/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Scourge
Sure is a lot of stuff that we suddenly have to wait for a patch for... only a week out from RoS's launch...

At least the server's didn't crash on the opening week.
Loose Stone is the new Resplendent Chest. Loose Stone master loot race!

Resplendent Chests are currently a little less "resplendent" than they should be,

Hasn't that always been the case?
04/03/2014 07:33 AMPosted by KainDraven

Hasn't that always been the case?

Haven't played in like a year, but they seem to be dropping pretty similar things as they always have. The difference is that 2 rares a magic item and a chunk of gold used to actually be pretty amazing.
I wish that more of the legndary crafting materials would drop. I have so many 1/2 & 3/4 sets of materials. I cannot craft anything because I am missing one or two items that I can never find.
04/02/2014 02:55 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
04/02/2014 02:50 PMPosted by RayRay
They give too much good stuff... please nerf them immediately

LOL are you silly man? They don't drop a lot of things like they used to in older patches (I'm referring to patch 1.0.4 on that one) so they do need a buff....

Resplendent obviously means they should drop more loots... that's what a lot of people remember them doing in the old times...

You need to have your sarcasm meter checked...
04/02/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Newbert
Do you guys have any details on the changes they'll be getting? Right now I feel like normal chests are more worth it than Resplendents.

It took me some time to dig into the kind of changes that were going on behind the scenes with Resplendent Chests, but here we go!

There was a bug associated with Resplendent Chests that was causing them to drop the incorrect loot for their type. This was basically a holdover from prior to 2.0.1 where stacks of Nephalem Valor affected the loot that would drop from these chests, and unfortunately it was missed in the original 2.0.1 patch. Because it involves code that's a little deeper than the surface, it's not something we're able to hotfix and will require a patch to address.
04/03/2014 07:33 AMPosted by KainDraven
a little less

correction:

a CRAP-TON less
04/03/2014 02:22 PMPosted by dajusta
Thanks for the honesty - but seriously isn't this bush league stuff? Chests = loot, and loot = diablo. How is something like this bug even IN the game?

Give me a break, Mr. Perfect. It's a complex game with a lot of code, bugs happen.
04/03/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/02/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Newbert
Do you guys have any details on the changes they'll be getting? Right now I feel like normal chests are more worth it than Resplendents.

It took me some time to dig into the kind of changes that were going on behind the scenes with Resplendent Chests, but here we go!

There was a bug associated with Resplendent Chests that was causing them to drop the incorrect loot for their type. This was basically a holdover from prior to 2.0.1 where stacks of Nephalem Valor affected the loot that would drop from these chests, and unfortunately it was missed in the original 2.0.1 patch. Because it involves code that's a little deeper than the surface, it's not something we're able to hotfix and will require a patch to address.

Makes a lot of sense actually.

They were basically counted as an elite and worked along the same rules that an elite did. You didn't get the guaranteed rare until you had all 5 stacks.
04/02/2014 04:04 PMPosted by LazyNCrazy
The fact the people keep bring up the word "Exploit" is absurd. Did you all forget that nothing matters now? You are basically playing a Single Player Online only game where for the most part you're restricted to your own loot. With BoA there should be no such thing as Exploit. Because who cares? There is NO Competition or Endgame PvP etc. Once Blizzard implements that or removes BoA, then we can talk about exploits. For now they simply have no effect on you what so ever.

This says it all. The word "exploit" should be erased from the D3 vocabulary.
04/03/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Drothvader
04/03/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Makes a lot of sense actually.

They were basically counted as an elite and worked along the same rules that an elite did. You didn't get the guaranteed rare until you had all 5 stacks.

Makes sense indeed. Once they fix it, it'll give me more reason to go into random cave areas.
04/03/2014 02:27 PMPosted by Kinney
It's a complex game with a lot of code, bugs happen.

Pretty much this. We have a lot of fantastic folks working on this game, but ultimately they are all human, and this was a result of human error. For that, we apologize. We do our utmost to catch everything we can, but when things slip through the cracks, the best we can provide is as quick a resolution as possible. It's why your threads, reports, and feedback are so important, and we can't thank you enough for helping us track down these sneaky little buggers. :)