Physical Attunement - Please replace it!

Witch Doctor
There are so many things wrong with this passive:
First of all: We arent a tanking class!
There is absolutly no reason to get hit by Melee attacks. We have Dogs, slows, range and enough CC to prevent that.

2. More Resistance does not help!
To prevent getting killed by Melee attacks you will need a Shield anyway. It also doesnt help against Electrified and the X other Meele killing affixes. We are quite capped on Resistance anyway.

3. We have better talents to prevent Damage!
Jungle Fortitude, Bad Medicine and Spirit Vessel. I got myself surrounded by probably 20 Enemies. Physical Attunement pushed me up to 3000 Physical Resistance, equals a 90% Damage reduce. Up from 78%. Thats a terrible outcome. The little ones die fast and the Resistance is gone.

4.We could have a useful Talent!
Thats the saddest part. Both of our other new Passive Skills are really situational. Physical Attunement should have been the "Middle of the Road" passive. And its not used anyway. Even the Hardcore Doctors are not using it.

If you guys wanna stick with that talent, switch it with another Passive. My suggestion: Fierce Loyality. Please get rid of Fierce Loyality.
Some thoughts on Talents: Please overthink the doppelgänger talents like: Vision Quest, Spritual Attunement, Rush of Essence and Blood Ritual. Do we really need so many Talents to manage our Mana? Or we that big of a Caster Class? One good Talent to help out with mana would be great.
Circle of Life, Zombie Handler and Midnight Feast. Who needs that many Doggies? My experience testing out T5-6: Doggies die. Fast.
Plenty of wd are using that passive...
Still, we have at least 10 useless passive skills - this one might be one the not so but still useless one
04/06/2014 08:48 AMPosted by MrSnaps

Plenty of wd are using this? I haven't seen a single one.

Have you tried using it, it didn't seem to increase my survivability one bit.
that new passive is just bad.... physical resistance?? as if the threatening parts of the game was white trash

Change the "physical resistance" to all resistance then yea....i still wouldnt use it but it'd be more appealing and i'd understand ppl using it
Cloud of Bats
its not even good for bat specs because the white mobs die so fast and then you're left with the elites.

It needs a lingering stacking effect - lasts up to 10 seconds - reapplies anytime a monster comes within range.
That skill is really gonna stay as it is?
Physical Attunement pushed me up to 3000 Physical Resistance, equals a 90% Damage reduce. Up from 78%. Thats a terrible outcome. The little ones die fast and the Resistance is gone.

I think you are underestimating the effect, as going from 78% to 90% reduce means you are going from 22% damage taken to 10%, so that's the equivilent of over 50% damage reduction.... but it's still kind of a crap passive because it's only physical, and only reaches that point in rare circumstances. I think the passive could be worthwhile if it was all resist, but just reducing physical does not nearly justify a passive slot. Maybe if it also 'retained' its peak value for like 10 seconds after the weaker mobs start dying.

You mean the niche group of people who haven't figured out that this game is about damage and clear speed. yeah, i suppose that number equates to "plenty" if 1 is some and 2 is a horde.
05/13/2014 12:02 AMPosted by Thanatosia
Physical Attunement pushed me up to 3000 Physical Resistance, equals a 90% Damage reduce. Up from 78%. Thats a terrible outcome. The little ones die fast and the Resistance is gone.

I think you are underestimating the effect, as going from 78% to 90% reduce means you are going from 22% damage taken to 10%, so that's the equivilent of over 50% damage reduction.... but it's still kind of a crap passive because it's only physical, and only reaches that point in rare circumstances. I think the passive could be worthwhile if it was all resist, but just reducing physical does not nearly justify a passive slot. Maybe if it also 'retained' its peak value for like 10 seconds after the weaker mobs start dying.

Why do you ignore the "20 Enemies" thing?
05/13/2014 12:42 AMPosted by Henno
05/13/2014 12:02 AMPosted by Thanatosia

Why do you ignore the 'and only reaches that point in rare circumstances' thing?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why do you ignore the 'and only reaches that point in rare circumstances' thing?

Why do you even argue?

I aware that this was posted more than a month ago but in case someone still have this wrong impression, Physical Attunement is only used by 2-3% of WDs.
http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/witch-doctor

It is really a surprise that Blizz doesn't buff this in 2.0.5. I though at least they can make it increases all resist, instead of only physical resist.
04/07/2014 02:36 PMPosted by DaMeCabeza
Cloud of Bats

this right here, if ur gonna run a CoB build with no pets (u don't want dogs) with cloud because you want to do the damage you will want to use that passive. As of right now I have a pretty darn good fire set, i just need a good SoJ and good andarial roll and I'm gonna try out CoB with that passive
recently i played around a bit with this passice since i rolled this Talent on a "decent" hellfire Amulett,

Together with an Frog-mojo this really seem to be very effective in sologrifts >=37.
Someone have other expirience with this passive? since no one really use this i was surprised about the feeled toughness i got with this passive
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Wildsaupsyco-2242/hero/9090534
Would be "okay"ish if it works with pets. Still a sh1t passive though.
Maybe change it to "increase armor by 50% off your total intel"?
02/10/2015 12:47 AMPosted by Azlanzo
Maybe change it to "increase armor by 50% off your total intel"?

WD's are lacking any armor buff. This passive change would be a perfect fit for this