Legendary source/mojo dmg nerf intentional or not?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
i disagree on the balancing portion, just take a look at my mirrorball and laugh your hearts out. 6-7 dmg on a legendary is pathetic..but i still love my mirrorball.
Lmao, more Blizz stealth nerfs backfire again. Your behind the scenes changes are pathetic.
How this issue has gone on this long without a followup after the "let me look into it" post is just sickening
Well I guess I can dump hundreds of shards for a magefist instead of hundreds of shards for an MM
3 days later and we're still waiting to find out what's happening, it is the weekend after all...
04/10/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Hurricane
Never mind offhands!

BUFF 2 handers! They are obsolete due to way less dps output and stats!

There is nothing wrong with 2 handers .... they are in a very good place actually ....

They have much more raw dmg than 1 handers. Ffs, for the last m!@#$ing time, you cant make 2handers way better than 1h's ... because then you would break balance. There are builds that can take lots of advantage from the higher raw dmg and slowish aps of a 2h, like channeling spell builds or ones revolving around big hitting skills like earthquake, hota, bombardment, avalanche etc.

Lets not mention they are also the automatic wpns of choice for crusader ... and there is nothing wrong with them being balanced around that + shield. The same way weapon dw is the choice for barb / monk. They have more than enough dps for crusaders over 1h's.
Took me 20 minutes to acquire the mat for Cosmic Strand.

Just rolled 262-265 damage... ...

Guessing the "bug" still isn't fixed or really really bad luck?
Any update on this?
04/10/2014 02:56 PMPosted by Matte
04/10/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Grimiku
Howdy, all!

I mentioned this thread to the folks who can investigate it, and we're currently trying to find out why some of you have a damage reduction to your sources and mojos. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and for your patience while we look into it.

If you are at it, pls look at lvl 60 offhands too. thx

Yeah and better shields for ALL CLASSES would be nice, not just Crusaders or at least a Source that ACTS like a shield for Wizards & Witch Doctors.
04/14/2014 07:08 AMPosted by blhotz
Took me 20 minutes to acquire the mat for Cosmic Strand.

Just rolled 262-265 damage... ...

Guessing the "bug" still isn't fixed or really really bad luck?

Wow that really sucks. o.o
bump need blue
plz fix this
we are losing at least 5% damage because this issue
Well I guess that would explain why the Zuni mojo I had drop had 270-277 avg dmg roll.... Going to suck if the fix is retroactive because I thought it was just my horrible luck/RNG and ended up salvaging it....
Bump
=///
04/14/2014 12:54 AMPosted by mvm199
04/10/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Hurricane
Never mind offhands!

BUFF 2 handers! They are obsolete due to way less dps output and stats!

There is nothing wrong with 2 handers .... they are in a very good place actually ....

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more! How else are we to get all those Forgotten Souls to reroll one handers?
Should I not be gambling sources right now? It seems like a big enough waste of shards as is when 75% of the items you roll have the 100-200 damage range compared to the highest ilvl's 390 damage, but if even the higher damage rolls are bugged I'll waste my shards on something else.
04/14/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Orange
Should I not be gambling sources right now? It seems like a big enough waste of shards as is when 75% of the items you roll have the 100-200 damage range compared to the highest ilvl's 390 damage, but if even the higher damage rolls are bugged I'll waste my shards on something else.

Do not gambling sources until bliz fix it.
Yes would like an update too, it's weird to see some random arbitrary reduction.
any updates ?

i got a set source the other day that suspiciously had less damage on it then my current rare source.
Nobody has any news about this ?

It seems like a bug more than a nerf, but the retroactive way is a bit weird, they always say they can't do it when they buff items...