Is Maruaders worth it?

Demon Hunter
Well I finally got my third usable piece of marauders gear and i was wondering how much of a damage/toughness hit is worth taking to get the extra companions?

Long story short, I'd have the same life, about 150 resist all more, 500 more physical resist, 40k less sheet DPS but I'd lose:
-18% fire dmg, 14% cluster arrows damage, pride's fall's resource reduction

I don't know if its worth it. Giving up the pride's fall + magefist is so hard to do especially as I don't have my cindercoat yet...

What would you guys recommend?
Not worth giving up Pride's Fall or Magefist

Marauder's isn't really worth it unless you can get the pants/shoulders/boots and Grandeur for the 4 set bonus, since Pride's Fall/Magefist/Cindercoat are pretty much 100% mandatory
Pride's Fall is not 100% mandatory ... It serves a completely different playstyle than Marauder.
It is worth it, you get all the buffs from all animals, including active buffs, the cooldown is quite short. not to mention your animals can tank and distract enemies
04/22/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Mockingbird
Pride's Fall is not 100% mandatory ... It serves a completely different playstyle than Marauder.

First of all, I assumed from his profile that he was going for a standard CA LfB build, in which case Pride's Fall is pretty much the BiS helmet

Also, he mentioned in his post that he'd be giving up Pride's Fall and Magefist for the set bonus, and Magefist certainly is 100% mandatory for the CA LfB build.
Eh, I guess I'm a bit of a weird DH. I suppose I rely on CA: LfB for my main damage, but I do not use Pride's Fall, Magefist, or Cindercoat. I like the Marauder's perks, and the Asheara's are fun as hell. I still do plenty of melting on T4, so it doesn't seem to be holding me back much. I just got a 5th piece to the marauder, though, so I may drop the other sets and go back to Magefist to take advantage of fire turrets shooting CA.
Marauders 4pc is very worth it:

Spider bites proc Cull the weak
Bat regens hatred
Boar adds a bunch of toughness
Ferrets let you spend less paragon points in movespeed
Wolf is a damage cd

Meanwhile they are all attacking things and making up for damage lost by not using a magefist. Not to mention that they are beefy tanks.
Your build probably not worth it because you are losing fire damage and res reduction...

If you had stacked physical damage however...
04/22/2014 03:44 AMPosted by DeathCrayon

Marauder's isn't really worth it unless you can get the pants/shoulders/boots and Grandeur for the 4 set bonus, since Pride's Fall/Magefist/Cindercoat are pretty much 100% mandatory

I see a lot of people roll with that combo but to be honest, if I was lucky enough to get trifecta Marauder gloves, I'd sooner go with gloves/shoulders/boots and keep Hexing Pants in the pants slot. 25% more damage and hatred generation vs 15-20% more fire damage that stacks additively with the 60%+ fire damage that fire DHs already have? No-brainer in my view, plus the Hexing Pants buff pet damage while Magefists do not.
Playstyle pref.

I have a pride's fall, magefist, and cindercoat but i prefer my marauder ser bec. those pet passive.

All of the passives are helpful. You get more tougness, speed, utility,dmg boost, mini-prep punishment. And all of the pets dish out good damage. Thats only for 3 pieces+RoRG.

Heck even the passives can be adjusted to support the playstyle even further. I have no perfectionist, blood vengeance instead i have steady aim, cull, archery, ambush. I dont have vengeance: seethe either because i opt to go mark of death: contagion, again to support pet damage.

Now the question is, can it compete with Cluster;LfB? Yes it does.

Try it. Its a good alternative. Its actually my chill-for-a-bit spec.
Can I just say I'm really annoyed because I have as much paragon as most of you with multiple Marauders pieces and I haven't found one. Haven't gotten a Cindercoat or Magefist or Pride's Fall either despite farming at least 50% A3 bounties...

Are Marauders more common at higher torment levels because I'm spending most of my time in T1-T2 because it's quicker.
04/22/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Merlin
Can I just say I'm really annoyed because I have as much paragon as most of you with multiple Marauders pieces and I haven't found one. Haven't gotten a Cindercoat or Magefist or Pride's Fall either despite farming at least 50% A3 bounties...

Are Marauders more common at higher torment levels because I'm spending most of my time in T1-T2 because it's quicker.

I got all of them doing T1. I do brag to my buddies that im just that lucky. Part of is because i don't specifically look for them. I just play and they just drop.
04/22/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Nemesis
Well I finally got my third usable piece of marauders gear and i was wondering how much of a damage/toughness hit is worth taking to get the extra companions?

Long story short, I'd have the same life, about 150 resist all more, 500 more physical resist, 40k less sheet DPS but I'd lose:
-18% fire dmg, 14% cluster arrows damage, pride's fall's resource reduction

I don't know if its worth it. Giving up the pride's fall + magefist is so hard to do especially as I don't have my cindercoat yet...

What would you guys recommend?

For the gear you have it's probably not worth losing the helm and the Magefist for the Mara's set. Don't get me wrong, having a 4-piece bonus with the RoRG is great, but if you really wanted to go for it, then I'd suggest: Shoulders, Gloves, and Pants/Boots. You keep the helm and the loss of the Magefists is not really that much of a loss compared to what you'll gain from having all of your pets active at once. You get all of their passive bonuses as well as all of their active abilities on use so long as you have Companion on a skill slot (which you would using the set), and that means a couple of extra tanks and utility that, again, more than make up for the loss of some fire damage. But as it stands right now...no...don't bother and wait until you can get some other pieces, or maybe try it out on a second DH toon and see what ya think.

Same boat here. While I have enough pieces to also get the 4-piece set going with my RoRG, I still haven't seen the pants or shoulders drop. Really want those two so I can just swap in a decent pair of Mara gloves I found and can reroll for a bit of a 'trifecta' and they would be replacing my Magefists. Until then...I feel your pain, especially with all the Paragon levels I have and still going with. :\
Ive been experimenting with 4 piece Marauders vs Cindercoat & Prides Fall.

I love having all my pets out but I cant use CA effectively. I run out of hatred in 4 shots and spend most of my time using entangling shot.

I tried to use some other fire skills, but nothing comes close to CA.

If I get the Marauders boots, i will swap out the chest piece for Cindercoat which should perform better.

ive found all 6 pieces in T4
04/22/2014 03:44 AMPosted by DeathCrayon
Pride's Fall/Magefist/Cindercoat are pretty much 100% mandatory
lol
I've been waiting for awhile now to find marauder shoulders so I can have all pets + my 3 wolves : - (

I think it would be worth it if I could find them ! I have a physical damage pet/sentry build though!
04/22/2014 10:37 AMPosted by hmk21

ive found all 6 pieces in T4

Thanks, guess I'll throw some diamonds in my chest and spend some time in T4. I was dying a fair amount in T3 so scaled it back to T2. I was doing fine T3 actually not dying until I hit a rift full of Reapers, hate those suckers.
Pride/Magefists aren't really part of the same build that you would be using with Marauders. Marauders is for an entirely different build. It's for Zoohunter. So you may not even be using CA, could be using Rapidfire or Multishot instead, and you'd probably be specing physical damage over fire.
04/22/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Merlin
Thanks, guess I'll throw some diamonds in my chest and spend some time in T4. I was dying a fair amount in T3 so scaled it back to T2.

honestly, caltrops is such an over looked skill in higher torments.
drop vault and replace with caltrops - hooked spines and advance slower.

DH's need control not only damage.

drop a caltrop, back up, let enemy's group in trap, steady aim and cotw proc, and cluster till dead.

im currently playing with free vault so my current skill layout isnt a good example