Why are my drops so bad? Why are my clans so good?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Why are my drops so bad?

Why does it seem there are choosen few who get all the good loot?

Do cach runs for ring of grandure, i get squat while my clan mate who already has one, gets another.

So much fun watching everyone get the goods while i sit on the side line not getting anything.

As usual.

Am i complaining? Yes, Yes i am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
SoLets hope that things get better. I've been playing every day still.

Not as much, bust still 2-3 hours.
Nothing good dropped.
Also, before we started doing mass runs for the ring, i called it that he would get ANOTHER one, before i would even get one.

This games screwed up man.

He has about 5-6 class set items.

I have about ZERO class set items.

I am about to say F this game.
Just leave clan, your drops will improve
The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can't let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.

Do like MJ and stay positive.
04/17/2014 06:04 PMPosted by Weirdalf
The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can't let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.

Do like MJ and stay positive.

I've put in hundreds of hours in this game, and i can't even get anything i actually want.
You have a good helm, don't you want it?
04/17/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Kaiten

actually i don't. i want the one that makes my fetishes shoot poison darts when i shoot poison darts.
rng is rng, I felt the same way sometimes then the next day I got a ton of legendary's and set items.
It can be a little rough if there's a particular item you're keeping an eye out for. Grimiku and I were having this discussion earlier, as he's having a bit of trouble acquiring a weapon, while it felt for me as though I'd only ever see sets of shoulders.

The nature of a game based off of randomized results is that you are, to an extent, at the mercy of Lady Luck. We've added some features with Loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls to mitigate this a bit, such as Smart Loot reducing the number of items you're unable to utilize, Kadala allowing you to target specific item slots, and the Mystic allowing you some control over that item that would be perfect if only it rolled that one missing stat.

Randomness is a core aspect of the Diablo series, and one we wish to preserve. However, we have made an effort to put some of that control in your hands, though there is a careful line to tread in order to avoid eliminating the journey altogether.
04/17/2014 05:57 PMPosted by Shrewify
Why are my drops so bad?

Why does it seem there are choosen few who get all the good loot?

Do cach runs for ring of grandure, i get squat while my clan mate who already has one, gets another.

So much fun watching everyone get the goods while i sit on the side line not getting anything.

As usual.

Am i complaining? Yes, Yes i am.
Yes. A choosen few gets all the good loot. Probabilities dictate for every 1 person who gets full bis in a day(not exploiting) 10000000000 people won't get jack !@#$. U are not the choosen 1 person. So you are in with the rest.
04/17/2014 06:13 PMPosted by Shrewify
04/17/2014 06:10 PMPosted by Kaiten

actually i don't. i want the one that makes my fetishes shoot poison darts when i shoot poison darts.

I...(looks at Mask of Jeram)...I dont even....

Please just uninstall right now. That mask is BIS for the fetish build I see that youre running.

The fact that youre complaining about loot, while wearing that mask and semi decent loot, just proves this is another post about a guy who isnt getting what he wants every hour. Try spending 6-7k shards and get 2-3 !@#$ty legendary head armor. Or better yet, complain when you have over 400-500 paragon levels and havent obtained at least 2-3 set pieces.

No one wants to read about how loot is bad for you when you have the Mask of Jeram, just 200 paragon levels, and pretty decent gear.
I feel you op. I've been playing 5-10 hours a day since release and still haven't found a shard of hate. Meanwhile, my clanmate (who has full talrasha set on his wizard) switches to barb and finds a thunderfury and soh within 2 days of playing barb... awesome system
The other day I got like 3-4 Two handed swords in a row and the day before that 3 maces with two of them being the same. Something doesn't seem right there.
04/17/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Randomness is a core aspect of the Diablo series

Trading Items is, too.
Thanks for making that impossible with RoS.

And thanks for reducing the Set Droprates to almost "nothing", making it even more impossible to ever get "that" Set complete. Its been fine 2.01 til RoS... why change it ?

/irony off
04/17/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Xeno
Randomness is a core aspect of the Diablo series

Trading Items is, too.
Thanks for making that impossible with RoS.

/irony off
Don't forget killing monsters for loot. Not breakables, flipping corpses, and chests.
I can appriciate you posting in this thread, even with my negativity, Nevalistis.

Frustration after a couple hundred hours of play time, and just seeing some of the things i've seen with my friends, is just down right annoying and flat out sucks.

Yeah, random loot is part of diablo 3. I understand and accept that.

I can't help but feel like it's broken tho, with what drops i receive compared to my friends.
I'm starting to get burned out, I think I've crafted more useful items than I've found.
Rerolling is also a gigantic joke because a single stat can ruin an item like vitality or health regen on items with no sockets.
Putting sockets in something should just be an entirely different thing the blacksmith can do. I'm sick of having no control over a weapons bonuses unless it drops with a socket.
I have a lot of hope for the coming patch, since a lot of the feedback regarding itemization during beta was completely ignored (except for crushing blow, but that took a 50 page long thread to convince you)
Maybe your clanmates kill things faster than you. They spend less time on the forums and more time playing so surely that explains why they seem to have better odds.

The nature of a game based off of randomized results is that you are, to an extent, at the mercy of Lady Luck. We've added some features with Loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls to mitigate this a bit, such as Smart Loot reducing the number of items you're unable to utilize, Kadala allowing you to target specific item slots

Why can't we use our blood shards for a chance to gamble cache-only legendaries from Kadala? It would certainly make those shards more rewarding and compelling.
It can be a little rough if there's a particular item you're keeping an eye out for. Grimiku and I were having this discussion earlier, as he's having a bit of trouble acquiring a weapon, while it felt for me as though I'd only ever see sets of shoulders.

The nature of a game based off of randomized results is that you are, to an extent, at the mercy of Lady Luck. We've added some features with Loot 2.0 and Reaper of Souls to mitigate this a bit, such as Smart Loot reducing the number of items you're unable to utilize, Kadala allowing you to target specific item slots, and the Mystic allowing you some control over that item that would be perfect if only it rolled that one missing stat.

Randomness is a core aspect of the Diablo series, and one we wish to preserve. However, we have made an effort to put some of that control in your hands, though there is a careful line to tread in order to avoid eliminating the journey altogether.

I think the answer is to ensure that:
- nearly every item that drops can be awesome for certain builds.
- nearly every item that drops has some sort of legendary affix (I know you guys said that it's hard to think of these, but I suggest you give Jang's thread and my own ALAST thread a look).
- There are many, many items that can drop.

I had a day when I got literally nothing but belts and rings. Maybe 8-10 of each. It was bizarre. And I've yet to see a legendary WD knife drop via gambling or game.