Quality of Life improvement for the Followers.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
04/18/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
  • How often do you swap follower gear around?
  • Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

Currently the bug with Unity is allowing for followers to provide damage bubble absorbing (provided they are wearing a Unity ring as well) when combined with the Follower Trinkets that prevent them from dying.

Rather than just prevent death, they prevent damage to the Follower altogether.

This allows the player to redirect damage to the follower, and the follower to redirect absolutely no damage back to the player. Effectively, this reduces your damage by 50% in solo, or 66% / 75% if you equip all of your Followers and use Asheara's set. (Useful in group games.)

A lot of players spend a lot of time swapping around the Unity rings between Followers, and a lot of players will be thrilled at the notion of not having to do this if a change is put in place that causes "account-wide" Follower gear. Unity is hard to find and obviously it's hard enough gearing your Followers with them on one character, let alone all of them.

Everyone has been asking for feedback on if this is actually working as intended (Unity + Follower "never die" Trinkets = infinite damage bubble) and so far there has been no comment on it. If it's a bug, we'd like to see a fix, and if it's working as intended, we'd like to know so we can invest more time into getting better Unity rings for the long run. As it is, it's just an awkward grey area.
04/18/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Nurl
Just posting from the hardcore perspective...it would be nice, but I still think this should just be allowed on softcore, sure it sucks to die on HC and lose the gear that you had on your follower, but with that said...thats kinda the point of Hard Core.

Thanks for sharing your perspective on this, and it's definitely a good point that would need to be addressed if a system like this was ever implemented.
Posted by Grimiku
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
How often do you swap follower gear around?
Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

Yes
Every time I switch main characters
Absolutely! (I suggested this weeks ago in a thread that was largely ignored lmao)
04/18/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Artemix
Also, Grimiku, please deliver this feedback:

- when you die an are about to respawn, your follower respawned seconds before you did, instantly dying, then you revive -> no follower there.

Fix: give him the same "ghost time" that you have.

I'll put this on my list of things to talk about at our next meeting. It's something I certainly notice when I'm playing my normal mode characters, and the followers would probably like it if they took less dirt naps, too.

• Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

• I would like to but its a pain to take the time so i don't.
  • Unfortunately never since it is a slow and painful process to do.
  • 100% Yes i would! That would be great! :-)
  • 04/18/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Grimiku

1) No, because it is too much hassle for the benefit
    2) Do you mean swap between characters or swap for upgrades? Between characters- no, as stated in (1). For upgrades- rarely because it is a big hassle and I have a ton of characters and I can't keep track of which follower needs what item upgraded.
    3) Yes. That would be a great feature!

Honestly, my biggest problem with followers is I don't feel like I can switch them around on a particular character because I have so many characters and 3 times as many followers. They're always going to have out-of-date gear! It's such a hassle to upgrade all that jewelry that I just don't bother. Even the one a particular hero has "equipped" is going to have out-of-date jewelry, but at least the weapon and relic will be decent.
    1. No
    2. Only to give my "alts" hand-me-downs when I find upgrades on my "mains," because gear swapping is tedious, although a way to tooltip compare to your follower gear would come in handy, even if the hotkey to switch to it only works when the follower screen is open.
    3. Yes, but why limit to only lv70 followers? The UI could be a toggle similar to the alternate weapons we had in D2, one tab for "this follower" and one for "shared" gear. Anything you put on the "this follower" tab is active, and can only be equipped if the follower meets the level requirements. Anything you put on the "shared" gear will be used if the follower meets the requirements and there is nothing on the "this follower" tab. When looking at the "this follower" tab, "shared" gear that is active could be shown with ghosted or bordered icons similar to other game UI. This allows niche gear that complements your build in specific instances, and lets lv70 gear with level required down affix become usable by all followers as soon as they are able to use it.
    04/18/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
    04/18/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Artemix
    Also, Grimiku, please deliver this feedback:

- when you die an are about to respawn, your follower respawned seconds before you did, instantly dying, then you revive -> no follower there.

Fix: give him the same "ghost time" that you have.

I'll put this on my list of things to talk about at our next meeting. It's something I certainly notice when I'm playing my normal mode characters, and the followers would probably like it if they took less dirt naps, too.

Probably could use a buff to the followers also so that they can hold there own a little better.

1. Yes
    2. Anytime I use the same follower between two chars
    3. Yes, definitely
    1. Yes
    2. I can't be bothered, so i just don't use them if someone else has the gear.
    3. YES!

1. No.
    2. n/a
    3. Absolutely.

The fun in having a follower for me is gearing it up. So I think sharing gear between followers is counterproductive. That's just me anyway.

• Yes. Gear on followers tend to be 2nd hand and limited.
    • Whenever I switch to a different class.
    • Yes, it would help.
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

I do not

Only when I find an upgrade

Godyes. At the very least I'd like to see something where gearing a follower is not absurd when playing a class different from their main stats. (gearing my templar while playing a monk or a wizard = lolololo)
    Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
    How often do you swap follower gear around?
    Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

1: No, but the problem is I don't bother too much with gear on any of my followers but my main.
    2: I want really specific gear on lots of my follower slots, so only as often as I find that specific gear for those slots. Other slots like shield or amulet change as often as I find an upgrade though. (assuming I am bothering with that characters follower gear)
    3: Yes, and I would LOVE that feature.
    paragon -> sharagon

follower loot -> shared follower loot

naturally

No, I don't because it's too much of a hassle.

I don't. In fact, I've stopped bothering to gear them because it's too tedious to do on every new character.

GOD YES. YES. YES I WOULD USE THAT FEATURE. PLEASE.
    Yes definitely would love this!
    Do you currently share follower gear between your characters? Hellfires, mostly

How often do you swap follower gear around? Not too often, mostly because it's annoying.

Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear? Yes!! ^.^