Quality of Life improvement for the Followers.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
04/18/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Do you currently share follower gear between your characters?
  • How often do you swap follower gear around?
  • Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

I do not bother to share follower gear at the moment.

I feel it's not worth my time, and I feel a bit limited to using the same character in solo play as a result.

I would certainly use this feature if it were implemented. Please :D
04/18/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Xehnon
Wouldn't make sense to have shared gear between followers. Hardcore, different levels, etc.

I dont even know what to say to this.
Moving all the gear around for each of 3 followers on a frequent basis certainly doesn't sound fun.

That's said, I think the more obvious solution is just "don't do that." Part of the fun in running with alts is getting to gear them up, and I'm not sure why that shouldn't include their followers as well.
Grimiku can you also allow all legendary effects and set bonus apply on followers too?

For example: Unity works with followers but not the Puzzle ring.

Don't know why some items effect apply to followers and some don't. I believe they should be all equal?
1. No
2. I have in the past when I start playing another character really heavily (working on another toons paragon levels pre-ROS...now that Paragon is all linked though, it would be nicer to swap easier).
3. I would love to use this feature, especially now with the follower legendary relic items.
i dont even use followers anymore b/c i switch toons to much
I think this is solid feedback, and I'd be happy to pass it along. A lot has changed with the followers since Reaper of Souls was released, and it might be a good time to take another look at them. We don't have any current plans to alter how followers are equipped, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it.

• Would you use a feature that allowed your max level characters to share follower gear?

Not really. Though if I find good intellect gear for the enchantress and she is already geared on my wizard, then I'll send it to another one of my level 70 characters.

And if there was a feature that allowed me to share gear between my max level followers, I would definitely use it for sure.

At 60 I used to swap my follower gear all the time and it was extremely annoying, these days I can't be bothered. I would love it if you added a feature to allow account wide follower gear.
I actually prefer followers getting up before char respawns.
Why?
ROS legendary trinket that makes the follower immortal C:

He gets a nice start on tanking duties before char is up and running.

1- yes

2- not very often just due to the inconvenience

3- yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oh god, yes yes yes, oh god, yes.

10. Yes
20. Daily
30. Go to 10
Yes

Only if I plan on using that character for more than a few hours.

Oh god yes, would make it nice to keep track of instead of constantly logging in and out of who has what.
1. Yes.
2. Never -- it takes up stash space, which is EXTREMELY limited as -is, and it is pretty annoyiong and keeps me from what I like most: actually bashing stuff in the face. In-game. : )
3. Oh yes, sweet dreams!
I would absolutely love the abiltiy to allow followers to share gear.

It would be nice if they had a couple different profiles you could pull up, but I'm not going to be picky here.

Not having to transfer gear around every single time would be amazing!
1. Yes
2. Often
3. YES
yes, yes, and yes please!

Just wanted to pop in because I assume I am in the minority and wanted some representation:

1. No, I separately equip each of my followers with gear I find while playing on the character they are tied to. I enjoy seeing them get more powerful as I see my own character getting more powerful.

2. I don't think I've ever purposefully swapped follower gear around, even after finding the invincibility Templar relic.

3. Maybe, but I'd guess probably not. With 15 character slots, I am more worried about losing out on the storage space currently offered by having 15*3 = 45 separate followers. My stash is full and even though I like some of the items my followers have (50% knockback Windforce on Scoundrel, Buriza on another Scoundrel, Maximus on Enchantress, Tormentor on another Enchantress, thorns gear on Templar, +xp gear on another Templar, magic find gear on many other followers etc), they would all be salvaged for storage space if followers were forced to share gear.

Just a note: with 15 character slots, 3 followers per character, and up to 6 items per follower, it's currently free storage space for up to an extra 270 items. With only 12 character slots, that's still 216 items. Sharing equipment between followers drops that down to a max of 18 items.

- No, because I usually don't feel like taking the time to do it. The only time I did back in vanilla was to level up a new class. I'd put hellfire rings on my follower and myself.

- Never.

- Of course I would. It would be an awesome feature, but too bad we'll probably have to wait two or three years for the next expansion before a change like this is made, because of "reasons".
I want to be able to compare the follower's gear like i do my charters so i can decide if its even worth picking up.
I don't switch gear at all, because im super lazy. same with the legendary health potions.

Again i don't, but i also don't put legendaries on my followers ATM.

i would very much love this, would make my asheara's recipe a whole lot better, as i would start to gear up my followers rather then ignore them