No viable physical builds for DH?

Demon Hunter
I use my companion/sentry build to solo T5 rift in average about 11 minutes. This build use companion, sentry, and chakram:razor disk to deal damage, all of which is physical. I have a similarly high tier set of items for my cluster arrow build as well but this pet/sentry build outperform my cluster arrow build by a ton in solo T5 and T6 (in group plays, it depends). Just because a build is popular/OOOOOPPPPPPPP doesn't mean it's absolutely the best and only way to play. In fact, just like my pet/sentry build, you need a very specific type of items to make cluster arrow work. If you don't have those items, then your OP cluster arrow build will suck balls.

Try the pet sentry build if you like, the core item you need is 4 piece marauder bonus and garwulf chest to make it work. As long as you have those, you can do T1 easily. The rest is just balancing your defense with attack speed/crit chance/crit damage. This build is especially viable in higher torments because it offers good amount of sustained damage and excellent defense.

edit: my build and item is in my profile. It will probably be there for another 12 hours. After that I might switch my set ups but will go back to this build pretty often.
04/21/2014 10:20 PMPosted by mukunda
Chakram: 380% damage each throw
Cluster Bomb: Upto 3150% damage each shot

I'm going to wait for more powerful hatred spenders in other specs

I hope this isn't as far as your theory craft goes. Direct skill vs skill comparison bypassing all other criteria is not smart.
Lies! Lies!!!! There are no viable physical builds. OMG QQ L2P NOOBS!! Blizzaed better buff us before I quit. 99% of my friend's list including my mum have already quit because of this BS!!!! FIX BLIZZZ k thx

Dun click on my profile. I'm OP as hell and you;ll get blinded Fire FTW!!
04/21/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Wilson
None. It is too unfortunate. Let's hope blizzard buffs us. Give up, there's no hope.

04/22/2014 04:12 AMPosted by Wilson
Lies! Lies!!!! There are no viable physical builds. OMG QQ L2P NOOBS!! Blizzaed better buff us before I quit. 99% of my friend's list including my mum have already quit because of this BS!!!! FIX BLIZZZ k thx

Dun click on my profile. I'm OP as hell and you;ll get blinded Fire FTW!!

Your sarcasm is not subtle enough. :P
In addition to the Sentry/Pet/Razor Disk Build which is indeed very viable, I've found CA shooting stars + Ballistics Passive to be extremely powerful with %physical dmg gear. My initial CA blast crits for around 14 million and then each of the homing rockets also crit for 12-14 million, with wolf damage CD they hit even harder. Ballistics also has great synergy with Vengeance Seethe.
What is your definition of viable?

I run a physical build. T4 is faceroll, elites die in < 10-15 sec... i don't have the toughness to do T5+ effectively without dying so I stay in T4.

TBH if most elites take over 10 seconds, it might be better to run a lower difficulty. Doesn't seem all that efficient. Rifts have a lot of elites, and the time really adds up.

One of the biggest things going for fire is ambush. Harringtons+ambush makes like 50-60m+ crits, which lets fire move through rifts fast compared to other specs. Other specs, even if they maintain eDPS over time just don't get the large benefit from ambush since they still shoot shots after 75% health, while fire pretty much wrecks things on the first crit.
Before we go into the "Most Efficient" argument...

Let's make one thing clear.

Play whatever build feels the most fun for you. This is a video game. It isn't a job and you're not a professional gamer competing to get the best gear in the fastest possible time. It doesn't matter if Fire CA is the most efficient build and you spend 500 hours getting the best gear in the game vs. going a custom build and spending 1000 hours getting the same gear. If those 500 hours were you sitting on your keyboard being bored and just grinding mindlessly like a chore, then it's not worth it. I'll take the 1000 hours of having fun over it.

Now onto physical builds.

Rockets are a decent route for physical. CA: Shooting Stars can wipe out elite packs quite fast. The downside is rockets AI isn't the best and sometimes will chase smaller enemies or even barrels instead.

If you have a Buriza, you can build around that using Cirri Satchel Quiver, stack physical dmg and hungering arrow dmg. I have recently put together a makeshift gear set for Buriza-HA-Devouring Rune. It's lots of fun to see your arrows zipping back and forth. The third arrow usually does about 9mil crits and I have only about 35% physical damage so far. You can choose the rest of your skills freely. Go with wolves if you have Garwulf. Go with Sentries if you plan to do higher torments.

There are viable physical builds for DH. They aren't going to outperform Fire CA but they will still get the job done if spamming CA isn't your style. I never liked CA from day one and still don't. I do have a 70% fire dmg set for CA Build and run groups with it but I prefer to play custom builds in solo for fun.