Anyone test Jade and Haunt/Locust ?

Witch Doctor
Seems they changed the way Crits happen for DoTs now. No more crits but some average damage from CC/CHD if i understand it correctly. Can anyone verify if the set is still viable?
!@#$ing lame.
Hmmm maybe a Epic 2h weapon might be in order
Maybe the one Coast gave me last night Nugs, can you say MOOOO!
i'm reading reports that the damage is half the usual damage (definitely lower than crit haunts) but more consistent (no more crit fishing). really need opinions since i can't test this while im at work
Perhaps a Furnace might help bridge this gap.... I cant test either at work as well....
yep, I verifed seems I'm averaging about 7m a haunt tick with my current set up ehh on crits use to be 10mish+ and locust about 2m avg it's ok if you weren't into the whole fishing for crits thing and my harvest still hits about the same this is on trash not elites. I'd def go for a strong 2h though if I had the option.
I'll have to wait until I get home, but this sort of breaks my heart. Might go roll a 'sader now.
Well, that's one way to buff and nerf the DoT spec if the new calculated damage is half that of a crit dot prior to patch. Buff for damage consistency and QoL but nerf the high end damage from high CD.
I have tested the Jade set and in my opinion this is for the good.

I used to hit 1.2b cap on my crit consumes, now I am hitting around the ranges of 400-700m

Even though I do not crit as high as I used to anymore, the damage I am outputting overall is definitely more than before since I do not have to fish for crits anymore. But as far as single targets go such as T6 rift guardian, I am now killing it slow as hell.

Jade set is still OP as hell in my opinion, don't let this change bring you down my fellow WDs.
People had no idea what they were asking for when they whined about crit on tick. How the hell was the game supposed to calculate the remaining damage from dots if each tick can crit? The answer is it can't, and now this is what we get. Nice works whiners.
ugh, really sad. They should have buffed the damage a bit to compensate or given some other buff to the skill like tics summon fetishes or tics proc loh or something.
It's exactly how it looks. Top end damage has been nerfed by (1-your crit chance)%.

It's bad on bosses and high health mobs.

I figured they were gonna do this, but I'm not at all happy they took away the crutch (bad dot mechanics) without mending the leg (dot's don't scale with attack speed).
05/13/2014 10:19 AMPosted by MikeHoncho
People had no idea what they were asking for when they whined about crit on tick. How the hell was the game supposed to calculate the remaining damage from dots if each tick can crit? The answer is it can't, and now this is what we get. Nice works whiners.

This is the problem, when newish players come in and try to run this class. They have no clue or understanding about the mechanics of the class, So when they don't understand something, we get:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673329580

or

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675249555

or

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506212377

Its unfortunate...that if we get enough of these threads posted, Blizz notices
Still one shotting everything on T4; doesn't look like anything was changed to me.

I can still see when a haunt crits or not
05/13/2014 10:48 AMPosted by AugDeath
Still one shotting everything on T4; doesn't look like anything was changed to me.

I can still see when a haunt crits or not

Cool, t4. That's endgame! Oh, wait...
I was afraid this was going to be the case when I saw the change.

I promptly went out in the field to try and get a feel on the damage numbers that were coming off mobs, and it was MUCH MUCH lower.

Instead of being 30-40m ticks, I was seeing them top out at like 12.....

Kind of sad I never got to experience Jade harvester without the need to helm swap, but I'm glad I got to have a taste of it during the glory days lol.
05/13/2014 11:01 AMPosted by DonBukka
I was afraid this was going to be the case when I saw the change.

I promptly went out in the field to try and get a feel on the damage numbers that were coming off mobs, and it was MUCH MUCH lower.

Instead of being 30-40m ticks, I was seeing them top out at like 12.....

Kind of sad I never got to experience Jade harvester without the need to helm swap, but I'm glad I got to have a taste of it during the glory days lol.

Well, now you can give up on the boot hunt :P

Still, this nerf pisses me off so much. Almost enough to abandon WD.