Upcoming Change - One With Everything

Monk
Prev 1 32 33 34 Next
wtf is dis madness I just heard?

The great and almighty One With Everythin is being replaced by a sissy pantsyass passive called eHarmony? Why not keep the name as is??

wth is "Harmony"??? some New Age woowoo spiritual shizzle??
How creative, can't you come up with a better name? how bout "Shadow Harmony"?

Might as well change Seize the Initiative and call it Sandwich!!

screw that, I RAGE QUIT!!!
07/15/2014 04:14 PMPosted by CountFury

The great and almighty One With Everythin is being replaced by a sissy pantsyass passive called eHarmony? Why not keep the name as is??

I like this guy
it does us harm-only
I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I still think that both barbs and crusaders will be tougher than monks, and dish out more damage. They will also likely have more passives designed to maximize survivability and DPS than monk, since they currently already do.

I really hope that I am wrong, but there are core reasons that monks are currently the least played class, and I do not see them being addressed here. Monks currently need to gear at a much higher level to have lower DPS and survivability than any other class. Yes, there are always exceptions, but on average if I run 100 rifts, I will see at most 10 monks. That tells me a lot, but like I said: I hope I am wrong, and that they make monks more fun to play again.
That's what I call a respect to players! Let them spend hundreds of hours on their OwE builds and theeen.... let's make it useleeesss.

Like this one: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Haste-2188/hero/3408673

That change would only make sense if it was actually buffed in a way that any secondary +resists would stack to all res.

Another solution... add blacksmith's crafting ability which will change secondary resist type on the item. Like arcane to fire etc...
@Nevalistis

Based on the public reaction I think it's pretty clear that Blizzard shouldn't be making this change. Most players have spent too many hours building their Monks around OWE, making them to start from scratch is not fair. Plus this is one of the best passive skills for Monks.

Instead, you may want to look at all the comments about damage, lack of damage that is. Ranged classes have more damage buffs than a Monk who is supposed to be melee. Adding passive damage buff would be the best thing you can do to make Monks more competitive with other classes. Just look at the top/best players in the world, you will not find many monks. This should be your indicator that something is wrong.
read the first post again, and i must laugh so hard to you....
point out this:

"1)Adjustments to One With Everything has been a long-standing community request,
2)It's too good, to the point it feels mandatory for all Monks to use.
3)It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating."

1) LIE. not a single monk wanted to change OWE.
2) TOO good ? lul
3) difficult and frustrating ? it allows ONLY monks, to have not 4 affix items, but 5 !!! Now you are taking this off, which means, you are slaping monks to the face, with "Stick to the line with others, you *****, you will not have 5 affix items,. while others have 4 !"
rly it was the specific way, which differe monks from all 5 other classes. Now you take this way, so monk is no more specific. adn as bonus, you change dodge for armor, which is again "stay in line" argument. so all chars are stacking ARMOR only ? this is your build diversity, class diversity ?

why not delete all skills and items. just put ingame one button, so every idiot can smash it.

this is biggest fail for already weakest class ingame. rly smart, the only one thing that "differ" monks from others. GJ, carry on.
I think my main problem right now is Blizzard says OWE is too hard to gear for, but the amount of time we wait for 2.1 (and even the time up until now) us monks have already geared up for it or currently gearing up for it.

So we are basically stuck with gearing up for OWE (which was difficult enough) and then have to re-gear up whenever 2.1 comes out. I think if Blizzard released harmony on live at least in it's current condition barring any changes that might happen to it, we can gear up accordingly making the time we spend now on D3 not as "wasteful".
@Armorpiercer & Mckool

I think they've already made up their minds, they will not listen to what we have to say. Blizzard knows that most players will continue playing Diablo no matter how much we complain.

I have started changing my items with fire resistance to items with primary all resistance and various secondary.

So with the new setting I played T3 last night, there were 2 WD and Wiz in the group but I was the only one dying. Monk is melee, he has to be in close combat and he hits only few enemies at a time, hence he should have much higher resistance and DPS than ranged classes. What's the purpose of having skill to draw damage to yourself (from other players) if you cannot withstand the damage. If anything, they should boost up OWE, not replace it with a skill that will make us even weaker.

But as I said, they don't care.
07/25/2014 11:39 AMPosted by ShinFuuma
No. It doesn't matter what the argument is. OWE being replaced by harmony is complete nonsense. Lets outline some key points:

1) Harmony is just as difficult to optimize as OWE. 2 2 2 2 2 1 vs 11. Before you argue that it's easy to gear for randomly. Consider only 2 items in line with OWE (320 to all which is 1920 resistance gained in total) is just as effective as how many with harmony? To reach that 1920 base line you would need somewhere around 4.8 and with the added lopsidedness of not having X resistances if they are the same. (IE...3 fire 1 cold)

2) Harmony is just as mandatory as OWE comparatively. We didn't gain any defensive passives. In fact we lost STI. So, we are down 1.

3) Changes to dodge and dex to armor.... I see dh's with over 2k resistances (pets). Also gained defensive passive viability (Awareness) and monks are melee....what.

4) Any argument along the lines of (I can still do T6 anyway) is beside the point. If OWE or even harmony was optimized on your gear (I can do T6 more efficiently, wouldn't this be true?)

5) Every monk that has optimized his or her's gear for OWE has been effectively backtracked. Just to re gear for the same old story all over again. Considering optimizing harmony invalidates OWE if both skills did coexist.

6) Toughness and dps function off the same principles. Gearing for strict dps causes a strain on ehp, gearing for ehp causes a strain on dps. What did OWE do? Allowed us to gear for strict dps while maintaining sustainability. Bottom line here is that losing passive toughness skews the balance between ehp and dps, which will result in a net loss of dps due to a lack of dps up-time and gearing affix potential. Dead people don't do damage. Kiting doesn't either. We are not ranged. Losing gear slots doesn't help also.

7) OWE was to strong and needed to be reduced. I would completely agree if this was say...on any other class but ours. We have a sever lack of ehp passives. Hence why OWE was so mandatory.

8) if you look at ehp potential across all classes. Passives and actives. cdr is the only thing keeping us alive. while other classes don't need it. Dh can cdr preperation to allow for unlmited smokescreen. Akarats champion loop, Barbs using WOTB striding giant with immortal kings, WD's with heart of shak, wizards with diamond skin ect. Other classes can take full advantage of cdr, monk is not special. Other classes do not have to.

This update to OWE is complete nonsense anyway you want to look at it. If such a change was even warranted (which it is not) it should have been done at the release of ROS.
You have got to be kidding me.

Monks have been broken beyond belief on one field alone. They CANNOT survive and deal damage.
I have been dealing with this shenanigans and the only way i have been able to deal with it is one with everything i cant get above t3-t4 unless i have godly gear wich actually makes me survive 1 elemental attack by elites. And thats ONLY possible because one with everythinig. Now i was happy maybe i can actually PLAY WITH FRIENDS now that dex was going to be armor. Only to hear that one with everything is getting nerfed to the point I am STILL going to die. Thanks blizzard i finally thought you where going to make my class valuable after all this time, but apparently not from what i hear from people. Might aswell reroll crusader so i can afk in PEEP and not die.

If this is done you might aswel delete monks as class since all i see is further PEEP
Just tried my monk on PTR.. As bad as the changes sound, I found I could take more of a beating, and do more damage. My monk generally plays t4 on live, and t4 on the PTR seemed like a walk in the park by comparison. Still using STI and Harmony with their changes, and with a heavily stacked single resist, so surely will be even better when optimized with more varied single resistances.

Just saying, try before you cry. Its not as bad as it sounds on paper.
07/15/2014 04:14 PMPosted by CountFury

On a positive note, I hear we get to review our matches for free.
06/17/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Stormseeker
Hmmm so the way i read this is that Harmony will make it so that if Item A has 99 arcane resist, Item B has 99 Fire resist, and Item C has 99 Poison resist, then combined they will give the equivalent of 99 All resist. Seems like it might be able to throw us off too much, and definitely will be nice to not have to search/reroll for just one elemental type. I do wonder if we'll end up with less total resist in the end and if the loss truly will be covered by the extra armor.

They way I understand it. You will still get 99 to each of those three resistances AND 99 resist all on top of it. That seems like a fair trade to make the skill easier to use and open up more gear options.

Survivability will remain about the same (with the armor change too) and you can still use secondaries to stack AR somewhat but the major improvement is you no longer need to stack only a single type of resistance. You can just grab any secondary resistances and they will benefit you.

People underestimate how bad dodge was. Your toughness before was fake crap. Armor is waaaay better at mitigating damage and preventing stupid burst deaths.

~~~~~~

Personally though I'd have preferred they make it so that any resistances counts 100% towards AR so it essentially keeps the skill the same but makes gearing sooooo much easier. But then the skill would still remain "mandatory" and very good. Meh.
Perhaps someone could look at my sheet and help me understand where i went wrong. When i lay it out, Harmony doesn't look comparable to OWE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x5WVILFnZB9AjV73YLPMBu-ecoXDbvIMRSvmRwk6gjE/edit?usp=sharing
07/29/2014 12:20 AMPosted by Starshadow
Perhaps someone could look at my sheet and help me understand where i went wrong. When i lay it out, Harmony doesn't look comparable to OWE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x5WVILFnZB9AjV73YLPMBu-ecoXDbvIMRSvmRwk6gjE/edit?usp=sharing

The way I understand it, you didn't go wrong - that's just how much less useful single-element resists will be with eHarmony. (and if you stuck with the 1100 fire resist, you'd have 1100 fire with 330 AR) There really isn't any benefit to spreading out your resists beyond making your character more balanced in that respect... I guess unless you consider that point differences make a bigger percent-damage-reduced impact at lower amounts. (300 --> 400 makes a bigger % difference than 1000 --> 1100)
07/29/2014 10:54 PMPosted by LongCatPantz
The way I understand it, you didn't go wrong - that's just how much less useful single-element resists will be with eHarmony. (and if you stuck with the 1100 fire resist, you'd have 1100 fire with 330 AR) There really isn't any benefit to spreading out your resists beyond making your character more balanced in that respect... I guess unless you consider that point differences make a bigger percent-damage-reduced impact at lower amounts. (300 --> 400 makes a bigger % difference than 1000 --> 1100)

Thanks, LongCatPantz, for double-checking my understanding of the situation. It seems that OWE is better for certain players, while Harmony is better for others. Like Nevalistis said:

06/17/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Nevalistis
It’s possible you may see your Toughness as a lower number after this change is in effect, depending on how you've previously geared.

I've spent a fair amount of time on the PTR testing the new Monk changes. One conclusion (among many) that i've come to is simply: Don't replace One With Everything. Just add Harmony in addition. That way those who want one or both can have them, and everyone can determine in-game for themselves which one is better.
That's it... I just checked PTR and it made me cry.
Live: 1469 lightning resist, on really good items as well, 13.2m Toughness
PTR - Without harmony: 5.4m Toughness
PTR - With harmony: 7.6m Toughness

Blizzard hates monk, and I'm quitting monk.. I leaving just like everyone else, I don't like being spat on and forced to re-gear when everyone else will start to do greater rifts and push ladders, I'm stuck farming new gear.. And it sucks. I don't want to re-gear, if I would want that, I could just create a new monk..
Just returned to playing after a 4 month lay-off. I am a happy D3 player, doing T3 and sometimes T4 runs in solo mode ( can't survive in T5 or higher but am fine with that). Never once was I bothered by the monk changes till now. My entire build and effort put into crafting makes me feel bewildered. Was just about to login and play when I was made aware of this upcoming "idea" of eliminating One with Everything. I did not login to play as I do not wish to start over. The time invested in my gear was important to me and now it is for nothing.

I can only express that the wind has been taken out of my sails. Please reconsider ... if you must, add the new harmony as a choice for beginner monks but keep OWE as is for us long-time faithful monks.
Adjustments to One With Everything has been a long-standing community request
From what community? Never heard of this ever.

It's too good, to the point it feels mandatory for all Monks to use.
It forces Monks to gear a specific way, which is difficult and frustrating.

It's just right for the Monk who needs some survivability and no, it is not difficult or frustrating to gear this way.

Monks are forced to rely on their secondary affixes for Toughness.

So what. I fail to see this as a negative to playing the monk.

Someone on the design team is overthinking the Monk and strayed down the wrong path. This proposed change is based on false assumptions and is harmful to the enjoyment of the game. Please reconsider.