[VIDEO] Laser Bird 2.1 PTR (Disintegrate)

Wizard
fun fun fun! extremely laggy for me to record tho :(

http://youtu.be/d_cqWTwsAB8

just experiment with the new fire disintegrate.

so far, it's close to the WoWbird I ve been experimenting in terms of dmg output. I am using a 3.7k Valethk (2h staff) for this build, it was 15% more dmg than the 2.4k 30% dist slorak and firebird source, and much easier on the AP.

must haves: Cindercoat, 5 piece firebird, RoRG
play style: Gale force to begin fight, blazar then followed by Convergence immediately, kite with gale force when situation gets tough, it actually does insane dmg too.
This build looks fun! hope it makes it to live
There's something wrong with the video. It's super choppy. Also it looks like that build won't last a second in 30+ GRifts because face tanking does work at those levels.
07/17/2014 11:51 PMPosted by tommos
There's something wrong with the video. It's super choppy. Also it looks like that build won't last a second in 30+ GRifts because face tanking does work at those levels.

it's choppy because of lag of recording.

yea I don't think it would last in Grift without unity.
yea -dual unity would definitely be a big deal on solo g.rifts
Looks nice.
07/17/2014 11:54 PMPosted by CKbrah
07/17/2014 11:51 PMPosted by tommos

it's choppy because of lag of recording.

yea I don't think it would last in Grift without unity.

But looks fine for group GRifts which is a pretty big deal.
07/17/2014 10:28 PMPosted by CKbrah
I am using a 3.7k Valethk (2h staff) for this build
And of course I JUST DE'd this staff last night lol
It's crazy to think that a staff would be better than 30% Slorak's for a disintegrate build. Maybe 2-handers got over-buffed.

Edit: Might be even better with a strong roll on a Maximus for extra fire damage.
07/18/2014 05:26 AMPosted by Anneli
Looks nice.

Indeed. Do the cost reduction of Cindercoat works correctly with the new rune ?
so where is that gg TF Brah?

Twitter: @N3llee
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/N3llee
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com//TheN3llee
it's shocking to think a valthek's is better for this build than slorak's+ firebird source.
I want to try it with my Furnace. :)
07/18/2014 01:47 PMPosted by grippgoat

I've been running this with a Furnace and it's very strong. I need to get a Cindercoat though, at the moment I'm using the +AP runes for Magic Weapon, Familiar and Storm Armor to make Disintegrate free to cast (basically).

Taeguk and Bane of the Powerful are very good gems for this build as well.
07/18/2014 01:47 PMPosted by grippgoat

I will try it tonight, but I would only use it for greater rifts, since mobs die so fast on T6.
07/18/2014 01:41 PMPosted by kokopuffs
it's shocking to think a valthek's is better for this build than slorak's+ firebird source.

that combo is slightly better because u can use firebird source and replace gloves with magefist.

BUT, ur source absolutely needs 4 APOC.

I still think a 3.7k Maximus would be best in slot.
How the heck do you have 17m toughness? I'm using a Furnace but my gear brings me to like 8.8m toughness. O.o
07/18/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Windgrace
How the heck do you have 17m toughness? I'm using a Furnace but my gear brings me to like 8.8m toughness. O.o

I saw that too... o_O
u should have at least 15m+ toughness with optimal gearing, I am not sure how u end up with only 9m.
07/19/2014 02:28 PMPosted by CKbrah
u should have at least 15m+ toughness with optimal gearing, I am not sure how u end up with only 9m.

Could you possibly equip a Wizard on your profile with the gear and skill setup in the video you posted? I did have a Diamond in my Helm instead of a Amethyst (forgot to change it) and I wasn't using Prismatic because I was using the reduced AP cost of skills Storm Armor. I am trying to get a Cindercoat at the moment so I could use Prismatic instead but Kadala is being stingy.