This morning - Independence Day

Wizard
Did we win the war?
The vibe in forum seems so pleasant and cheerful.

You can feel the fresh air. Something good to happen for the wiz?
Definitely the best set of changes we have seen so far.

A few battles have been won but the war is far from over...
It's definitely some improvements. Still some things to change/fix. We'll see how much they change in the next patch. Would people be happy if other than bug fixes, this is what went live?
It's encouraging.
Yeah great changes overall.

Two things:

Forked lightning is stupid as fire. ANY other lightning rune would have been fine, but they chose the ONE rune that most people use for lightning.

I wish they would buff Spec Blades. It's just so weak compared to the new Magic Missile damage, and you have to be close combat! Doesn't make sense. 250%+ WD is where it should be for how close you have to get.

Overall though, I'm happy with the changes. Looking forward to trying Twister.
The fact that Forked Lightning was the best Lightning damage skill shows just how pathetic of a place Lightning was in. With Velvet Camaral and Myken's, Thundergod's Vigor and Lightning damage stacked you could maybe handle T4 solo? hah.

I think some people just want to play the exact same way they always have and have Blizzard buff the skills they use by 200%.
I am positive.

If they fix bugs, ... That would be just insane from Bliz.

I don't recall so many changes to Wiz and game at once.

Would be just wow.
Forked lightning - fire? What? Forgive me ... I haven't browsed the forums in about a week...
07/18/2014 07:37 AMPosted by DragonReborn
Forked lightning - fire? What? Forgive me ... I haven't browsed the forums in about a week...

Blizz dev: what's the weakest elem wiz build?
wiz: lightning. why?
Blizz dev: no reason... what's their most used skill?
wiz: forked lightning.. WHY?
Blizz dev: no reason....
07/18/2014 08:02 AMPosted by txag2k
07/18/2014 07:37 AMPosted by DragonReborn

Nice :)

Overall sounds like some interesting lightning stuff happening.

What about Arcane Channeling skills? Still getting the nerf there with Disintegrate starting lower and eventually ramping up to full power?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Nice :)

Overall sounds like some interesting lightning stuff happening.

What about Arcane Channeling skills? Still getting the nerf there with Disintegrate starting lower and eventually ramping up to full power?

not really "eventually" ramping up to full power when you are reaching full power in 2 seconds.

After one second of channelling-

Disint - 640% weap dmg (25.2% increase from current damage)
AT - 705% weap dmg (23% increase from current damage)
ROF - 880% weap dmg (72.5% increase from current damage)

After two seconds of channelling

Disint - 890% weap dmg (74.2% increase from current damage)
AT - 1010% weap dmg (76.3% increase from current damage)
ROF - 1240% weap dmg (143% increase from current damage)

Add in the removal of inital cost fee, and this is a CONSIDERABLE buff.

All that is really left to make me truly excited about wizard and 2.1 is a meteor and Arcane orb damage buff.

If they buff those skills we are going to be seeing a TON of cool, viable builds. So many possibilities, SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

We may be masters of the elements yet again!
07/18/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Wick220
Yeah great changes overall.

Two things:

Forked lightning is stupid as fire. ANY other lightning rune would have been fine, but they chose the ONE rune that most people use for lightning.

I wish they would buff Spec Blades. It's just so weak compared to the new Magic Missile damage, and you have to be close combat! Doesn't make sense. 250%+ WD is where it should be for how close you have to get.

Overall though, I'm happy with the changes. Looking forward to trying Twister.

They undid the reduced damage from jumps each target making Chain Lightning a much better alternative if it stays like that for a Myken/Caramal build so no big deal.
Right now, Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum are in the spaceship so we haven't won yet... Also, Randy Quaid hasn't figured out the weak point yet... So... we are almost there but not quite...

Still need some improvement to Meteors, need a little more synergy w/ items and builds, armours are a mess still Prismatic is king and no one comes close and nerf of MM/Conflag needs to be reversed (IMO because i never really got to try it)....

EDIT: Also, people QQ about forked lightning... look what you got in return... quit with the tunnel vision... You have now AT lightning Blizzard lightning and Chained lightning does lose on jump... SO... you gain SO MUCH for the little lose in a non-spender
Don't know what it is but not that psyched this time
07/18/2014 10:43 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Don't know what it is but not that psyched this time

Maybe because you're starting to figure out the WD?

After one second of channelling-
Disint - 640% weap dmg (25.2% increase from current damage)
AT - 705% weap dmg (23% increase from current damage)
ROF - 880% weap dmg (72.5% increase from current damage)

After two seconds of channeling
Disint - 890% weap dmg (74.2% increase from current damage)
AT - 1010% weap dmg (76.3% increase from current damage)
ROF - 1240% weap dmg (143% increase from current damage)

Is there going to be anything in the wizard arsenal that compares to ROF for burning down a single target, especially considering the proc rate, slow, and AP sustainability? I really need to hop on the PTR.
07/18/2014 12:19 PMPosted by grippgoat
compares to ROF for burning down a single target

unless it's a torso or a small target right now you are not able to hit them... Possibly bugged...
I love that I have a 2400 DPS rimeheart with reduced resource cost :)
07/18/2014 12:19 PMPosted by grippgoat
[quote="135052052026"]Don't know what it is but not that psyched this time

Maybe because you're starting to figure out the WD?

[quote]

Nah I still love wiz. My first love
if they now increase the base dmg of all hydras except fire and the overall dmg of blizzard/energytwister/arcane orb and maybe improve our ressource management with an APOC passive or something instead of power hungry... well.

i still feel like channeling spells are bad. the reason is, when you play wand of woh, you can attack with 2 skills, EB + whatever you choose (blizzard, spectral blades, energy twister, MM etc). but when you play with channeling spells, you usually attack only with ur channeled attack. sure you can set up a hydra or blizzard, but you need to stand still to keep ur channel stacks up, so its hard to refresh things like blizzard/hydra etc
07/18/2014 12:59 PMPosted by karajobob
you need to stand still to keep ur channel stacks up, so its hard to refresh things like blizzard/hydra etc

but ramp up is much shorter now... I will enjoy the new frozen solid blizzard w/ RoF and Cold hydra