Issues with Updating PS3

Blizzard Archive
staying signed out worked of course! the 3 ways i figured out to connect was direct connect to my emta!, disable upnp on the ps3 or the port forwarding instructions via the web site on this page. so its definitely a issue between closed ports on routers and this update:)
linksys Router wrt320n firmware 1.0.05 last version they released
Update:
after unplugging my router the issue completely went away! I deleted all port forwarding rules! really weird! only thing i can guess is the router was doing something strange with the data from Diablo3 or something else on my network got kicked off by unplugging it that was causing confusion for the game! very strange!
What should i do now. I want to start fresh on t he ps4, but keep the preorder items from the ps3 and afterwards I want to play on the PS3 the original d3, not uee. should I backup my save game now to usb, create a new one empty? when transfer is done in 2 weeks, delete empty file from ps3, and import from usb the one i'm using now with my chars and stash?

thanks in advance.
Hello.

I'm experiencing the freezing issues repeatedly. I'm *only* experiencing it, however, when i'm logged into PSN. if I log out and launch the game then I am able to load my character fine and play the game. If I am logged in, or log in after loading my character, to the PSN it will freeze from the main menu of the game at start-up when I try to load my character and start playing. If i remain logged out it loads it fine.

Additionally it does not seem to freeze if I log back into PSN *after* I've started gameplay but it *will* freeze up again if I am still logged into PSN and pull up the "start" menu and select "quit" to return to the main start-up menu. If I am logged out of PSN there is no issue.

I will be playing more D3 today to get ready for upgrading to my PS4 version purchase (yay) and will log into PSN to see if it freezes at some point during play while logged into PSN.

Glad people are working on this already. Thank you.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11467026622

this is way too complicated. is there a way to "undo" the patch? everything was working fine before the patch
08/06/2014 05:19 AMPosted by GranTurismo
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11467026622

this is way too complicated. is there a way to "undo" the patch? everything was working fine before the patch

Nope i'm afraid, you can only download the latest patch with this game. I think few games (mostly PS3 exclusives, and GTA5) allow the download of all patches one after another. But from what i've read it's easy to solve.
tried to reply to me, but ps4 browser is kinda crapola. Have done the trick. Seems pretty easy. Have backuped my cloud save and local save. Deleted afterwards. imported via the store the pre order items like helmet, wings etc. Then started up diablo, created the chars and everything is there pre order wise. Further everything is 0. Did export for UEE. and looks like i'm ready to go for UEE. :)
okay someone please explain why this issues is gong to cost us money i tried to follow the link and it put me on a page to buy a forward port app this is bs and needs to be fixed really soon
I had same exact experience having to un forward that port for my xbox in order to use it for diablo . I agree with op, port forwarding should be optimization if desired, not requirement
i followed the instructions to the tee every single piece and still i feeze so whats next im i just to wait or shall i take the game back due to a failed update
every port is forwarded and upnp is on and still cant play with psn online that is the main reason why i have the game still and another question why are we having to figure this out where is the people that created this update with suggestion and answers
alright i get into the game offline and then sign i can play while in psn but as soon as i get back to title screen it crashes
Try turning UPNP off. That's what ended up working for me.
and just so people get the ideal why im mad i have 4 lv 60 players prestiged 13 time going on 14 and 95% game completion if you doupt it look me up skulldemons619 on ps3
Make/Model of router
Is UPnP enabled on the router: To determine this, please refer to the instruction manual included with the router for specific instructions.
Is port 3074 forwarded? - To check this, please visit the following page and select your router and then Diablo III for your appropriate console.
Please also let us know whether there are any other game consoles on the same network.

DGND3700v2 Netgear router
UPNP is enabled.
No port 3074 is not forwarded, I have 4 consoles on the network this could cause problems for them.

if it helps my PSN account is PLUS enabled.
on battle.net i've linked both my Xbox, and my PSN account.
I forwarded port 3074 to the PS3 I play the most on, and had the game freeze.
08/06/2014 03:32 PMPosted by Regor
Make/Model of router
Is UPnP enabled on the router: To determine this, please refer to the instruction manual included with the router for specific instructions.
Is port 3074 forwarded? - To check this, please visit the following page and select your router and then Diablo III for your appropriate console.
Please also let us know whether there are any other game consoles on the same network.

DGND3700v2 Netgear router
UPNP is enabled.
No port 3074 is not forwarded, I have 4 consoles on the network this could cause problems for them.

if it helps my PSN account is PLUS enabled.
on battle.net i've linked both my Xbox, and my PSN account.

1. Turned off the other 3 consoles, didn't make a difference.
2. Both PSN and PSN+ accounts were affected.
08/05/2014 08:00 PMPosted by DrunkIrish
1) sign out of psn
2) start up the game
3) do the update if you haven't yet for 1.03
4) STAY SIGNED OUT OF PSN
5) select "more" then "export save"
6) now it will prompt you to sign in to psn, sign in
7) a message will pop up saying that it's exporting, but will probably fail to connect to the server. This is fine
8) press triangle to change characters, and then just hit circle to return to the previous screen
9) select "more" then "export save" once again, and this time it should go through successfully.

Do what this person says exactly and it will work perfectly until they fix the patch. You do NOT need to change your port forward setting, uPnP or anything else. There isn't a reason to rant and get upset over a minor glitch in the PSN/D3 Patch and this is coming from a guy who is 100 Paragon and Platinum looking forward to play a bit before the new game on PS4, but oh well.
We are currently investigating the issue, and will be sure to update you as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, you may want to try the following troubleshooting step which was offered here.

1. Sign out of PSN and launch the game -- OK
2. Click more options and select export save -- It'll prompt you to sign in, do that, you might get an error that says the diablo servers are busy, (this may take several attempts).

Thanks to Regor for the assist, and to everyone else who is currently affected for hanging in there.

Ya, I know how to get it working, I'm trying to find out why they think what they are asking for is the problem. I'm the Regor specified in the above quote.