RIP Furance & Rimeheart

Monk
Furnace now increases damage against Elites by 40-50%
Rimeheart now has 10% chance to deal 2020% wd to enemies that are frozen
08/05/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Davlok

SW: Master of Wind + Rimeheart? And Cold Bell?
with the 2h buff, furnace could still be good.

and if ticking dmg could proc the rimeheart bonus, it would still be good. idk much about the build, i just watched a vid someone did on it (i think druin), but the freeze and effect from frosties and cold wep dmg on rime would constantly freeze enemies for something like EP. i dont know or remember if rimeheart could proc like that, but if it did than it could still be useful.

if it works on elites now, thats just a bonus imo. but seeing as its no longer an insta kill, i feel it could be buffed up past a 10% chance. 10-20% roll range might be reasonable.
Can I have one now? Geez, don't seem OP anymore.
08/05/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Davlok

All the people that were saving up Furnace to blast through GR, lol!
I'm sure some clever cold builds will surface based around rimeheart. That's a pretty beefy proc and it works vs elites.
WOW, guessed WD and DH are super OP now... How the @#@ other classes going to take down RG on higher G-rifts levels.... This is a good thing IMO, since nerfing the Furnance will gives us a true indication of each class true dps more accurately.... But why now, Blizzzz you're such a bunch of amateur developers...
rimeheart might be viable if one of the cold spirit generator's proc is decent.

2000+% weapon dmg is quite nice, if FOF were cold, lol.
08/05/2014 11:12 PMPosted by Neuron
rimeheart

Since the release of ROS the majority of people have never seen this weapon....
08/05/2014 11:20 PMPosted by Immortal
Since the release of ROS the majority of people have never seen this weapon....

Drop rate of Rimeheart for monk is ridiculously lower than other classes. You might want to farm it with a witch doctor or a Crusader.
08/05/2014 11:21 PMPosted by Neuron
witch doctor

Actually my WD loot the rimeheart for me and you guess it , it have Intel as the main stats...
08/05/2014 11:25 PMPosted by Immortal
Actually my WD loot the rimeheart for me and you guess it , it have Intel as the main stats...

I am on the same boat. rolled int into a socket anyway.
just curious what others would pair with a rimeheart with this change. to me its probably between azureath (assuming cols skill% effects it) or SoH. idk anything about SoHs cold proc, but from its description id assume it freezes. would be ideal if its a sort of AoE also, wiz spike might be an option, although i think that only rolls on wiz. so you would need to get pretty lucky with the rolls so you can reroll int to dex.
I think the changes to Rimeheart will make Frostburns even more invaluable, and make Madstone+Frostburns+Exploding Palm even better.
08/05/2014 09:10 PMPosted by MadMonk

And all the little bitter haters that had none, so they had absolutely no clue what it was like to have one but still wanted it nerfed because of pure jealousy!
08/06/2014 12:22 AMPosted by R3W1ND
08/05/2014 09:10 PMPosted by MadMonk

And all the little bitter haters that had none, so they had absolutely no clue what it was like to have one but still wanted it nerfed because of pure jealousy!

I have two dumb@ss. I guess you really need it to progress, lol.
08/06/2014 03:36 AMPosted by MadMonk
08/06/2014 12:22 AMPosted by R3W1ND

I have two dumb@ss.

Just because I quoted your post it does not mean it was aimed towards you. In retrospect I guess it was, at least the first part it seems.

08/06/2014 03:36 AMPosted by MadMonk
I guess you really need it to progress, lol.

Progress at what?
Rimeheart would be ok if...

A) Removed the 10% and just based on being Frozen & the skill's proc coefficent.

or

B) Removed the frozen requirement.

10% of 2400% weapon damage is 240%.. add in skill proc coefficents and frozen and Rimeheart = Salvage.

Furnace could still be a worthy RG swap weapon if you were already using a 2H that wasn't build changing (ie Fotf), but compared to what it was before is probably 6-8% of the damage output (heh)
@Davlok Furnace could be good for some IF TR builds i think. Not sure how it will do vs flying dragon for example if I was using generators/ltk or gen/bell builds.
What was so great about the old Furnace? A chance for dealing 8% of an enemy's current health (i.e. diminishing returns as he gets damaged) as fire damage was really so much better than constantly dealing 50% more damage against an elite/boss? How? To me the weapon suddenly looks interesting, rather than something I'd seriously consider to salvage (not that I have ever gotten any)...