Be quiet until you get on ptr

Monk
Generators are pretty awesome now. The attack speed is a godsend.

I'm running a lightning combo strike build with FoT primary, DR:F (no lightning, no matter) secondary and no spenders. It's super buffed.

New transcendence is AWESOME. It heals 100k with virtually no health globe bonuses on my toon. Thunderfury's proc is really beast right now too. Don't have a worthwhile odyn to test, but SoH/TF is mowing through T6 rifts. You can run MoC and just spam it all day while sitting in whatever deathpool you feel like.

I've yet to find the generator gem or depth diggers. I think this build will really shine with those additions.
What are your gear and stats like?

I have similar weapons and I'm not tearing through anything. And I actually have depth diggers and simplicity's strength.

Survival is also an issue
08/05/2014 08:14 PMPosted by Flattylol

They are pretty damned good now, I will admit.

I'm doing a pretty good amount of DPS.
I can tank t6 fire chains spamming mantra :)
are you using your profile monk? Because... you got like 80% yellow gear. That won't tear through anything on any toon (minus pet doctor, I suppose).

08/05/2014 08:19 PMPosted by ZellJr

I have similar weapons and I'm not tearing through anything. And I actually have depth diggers and simplicity's strength.

I'm running a lightning combo strike build with FoT primary, DR:F (no lightning, no matter) secondary and no spenders. It's super buffed.

New transcendence is AWESOME. It heals 100k with virtually no health globe bonuses on my toon. Thunderfury's proc is really beast right now too. Don't have a worthwhile odyn to test, but SoH/TF is mowing through T6 rifts. You can run MoC and just spam it all day while sitting in whatever deathpool you feel like.

I've yet to find the generator gem or depth diggers. I think this build will really shine with those additions.
That's really nice to hear! =)
Cookie cutter is my favorite build of all time and I'd love to steamroll T6 with it (after a long long time being stuck at T4).

Is it correct that Blizz decided to keep the Alabaster gloves and switched the stack bonus to them? If yes: AWESOME
08/05/2014 08:24 PMPosted by Flattylol
are you using your profile monk? Because... you got like 80% yellow gear. That won't tear through anything on any toon (minus pet doctor, I suppose).

08/05/2014 08:19 PMPosted by ZellJr

No that is not the monk I'm using. My monk was almost entirely geared on PTR. I have virtually every item. I'm asking what you're running with. I know what I have.

How does mantra of conviction boost your survivability? It's a damage booster essentially.

And you can't spam it all day, otherwise you're not doing any damage.

Truth. They feel a lot better now.

What sucks is the increase to LTK's spirit cost, which should have remained the same. Seriously.. we could have had ourselves another completely viable GR build if we had LTK at 30 spirit.

But as usual the monk development team throws their darts and hits the mark with some.. while completely hitting the wrong areas with others.

I disagree. We are still nowhere near competitive, damage wise, and we are now split far too much on the itemization side. Throw Attack Speed in to the mix of all the things you have to have, now. Because monks, of all the classes, have the room in their itemization to support that, right? /s

I've tried my lightning build dual wield, and my holy build 2hander, and the spirit generators don't do nearly enough damage. I'm running 35%+ attack speed on both, and it simply doesn't feel like I'm getting enough out of them. I still sit there and whittle away at big mobs. It's a frustrating joke.

Our spirit spenders still have to wait for our attack animation to end.
I'm running with my profile monk. With combo strike rolling, I'm at ~2.3 million paper dps with MoC:Overawe and zero survivability issues. I'm literally playing like a jackass, standing in whatever I feel like, and not dying.
08/05/2014 08:27 PMPosted by Flattylol
I'm running with my profile monk. With combo strike rolling, I'm at ~2.3 million paper dps with MoC:Overawe and zero survivability issues. I'm literally playing like a jackass, standing in whatever I feel like, and not dying.
Your profile monk is not what you're describing. There's no TF on your profile monk, no MoC, etc.
Ok, I found some DD's. So here's my current setup:

Andy's helm, Augchild shoulder/chest, strongarm bracers, Cain's gloves/boots, Depth diggers, RORG/SOJ (stopped using unity, didn't need the damage reduction), T-gods, 2.4k dps SoH/TF.

Active talents: DR:F, SW:C, Fire ally, MoC:Overawe, FOT:TC, DS.

Passives: Harmony, Transcendence, Alacrity, Combo Strike.

Also been playing around with same gear, no combo strike, and CS (CS, SW:C, Fire Ally, MoC:Overawe, FOT:TC, DS + Harmony, Transcendence, Alacrity, Seize the initiative).

I'm having zero survivability issues. I can see that damage still isn't breathtaking, but T6 is a breeze at the moment.

350k hp, 10 mil toughness, dps is depending on items used, but base is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.6 mil
08/05/2014 08:40 PMPosted by Flattylol
Ok, I found some DD's. So here's my current setup:

Andy's helm, Augchild shoulder/chest, strongarm bracers, Cain's gloves/boots, Depth diggers, RORG/SOJ (stopped using unity, didn't need the damage reduction), T-gods, 2.4k dps SoH/TF.

Active talents: DR:F, SW:C, Fire ally, MoC:Overawe, FOT:TC, DS.

Passives: Harmony, Transcendence, Alacrity, Combo Strike.

Also been playing around with same gear, no combo strike, and CS (CS, SW:C, Fire Ally, MoC:Overawe, FOT:TC, DS + Harmony, Transcendence, Alacrity, Seize the initiative).

I'm having zero survivability issues. I can see that damage still isn't breathtaking, but T6 is a breeze at the moment.

350k hp, 10 mil toughness, dps is depending on items used, but base is somewhere between 1.3 and 1.6 mil
Yeah the damage is just not up to par. Makes it feel like a waste of time to even bother.
08/05/2014 08:40 PMPosted by Flattylol

It's cool that we're getting more viable T6 builds. (Seriously.. not knocking this). But I'm not worried about that because T6 is no longer end game.

Only builds that are viable in upper level GRs need to be scrutinized.. since well... that's the end game now.. whether we like it or not.

Saying X build works in T6 now is cool.. that's fine. But unless it's a build that's capable of putting us on par with M6 DHs.. it's still rather meaningless at this point.

Like I said though I'm happy more builds are becoming T6 viable, it's just that T6 isn't the end goal of the game anymore... high level GRs are.. so anything we want to really discuss seriously has to take that into account. I'm happy you're finding success with your build though.
In my excitement to test the new features, I ended up losing about half my good items. I dropped my SoH, TF, set items, etc. on the ground while rearranging and gambling and ended up leaving the game without picking them back up.

Sad day.
Man, you guys are really shooting for the moon.

But, I feel what you're saying. But let's look at the big picture -- this is a huge step in the right direction. And keep in mind this is just the 3rd iteration of the PTR. We got plenty more to go. Obviously spenders need to be looked at now, but generators have been given a wonderful boost.

Survivability has completely been fixed. Spender builds won't even need to spam mantra to stay alive, just using their offense will be sufficient (however....)

Spenders are weak. Even though spirit generator is perfect now, a true generator/spender build isn't really viable because of the low damage, but at least the generation is in the right place.
08/05/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Flattylol

But, I feel what you're saying. But let's look at the big picture -- this is a huge step in the right direction. And keep in mind this is just the 3rd iteration of the PTR. We got plenty more to go. Obviously spenders need to be looked at now, but generators have been given a wonderful boost.

It's not a huge step in the right direction. It's two steps in the right direction, and two steps in the wrong direction.

It's really a shifting of class power, rather than an increase of class power. There's simply no way to say that these changes actually make us a competitive class. It's not going to happen.
See my edit above. I broke monk issues down into: spirit generation, survivability, and damage.

In my opinion, 2 out of those 3 are fixed. That seems pretty decent to me.
I'm loving the new fast attacking animation feels so nice to run generators now...
08/05/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Flattylol

Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll still end up among the stars.