Thank you Kadala!

Demon Hunter
I don't find myself saying this often, but thank you Kadala!

Last night she coughed up a Witching Hour, and a pretty decent one too! Check it out on my DH. Probably ended up spending about 8k shards on belts (which I know isn't too crazy but I stopped using RiF).

Having said that, boy is this thing rare. I found one on my Wizard on like Day 2 of RoS, and this would be the second one I've seen. I've still never seen a Lacuni Prowler since RoS hit...

Sorry, just had to share my excitement with everyone! Now I'm not too sure what to gamble for next. I was thinking Rings to try to get the Cold and Physical SOJs I'm lacking but that seems highly unlikely...
You have shoulders, boots, and Rucksack that all can be improved.

Still I'm a fan of Harrington's over WH (doesn't help I got a crap roll on my Dex WH).
08/11/2014 09:53 AMPosted by RobertsMac

Still I'm a fan of Harrington's over WH (doesn't help I got a crap roll on my Dex WH).

Besides higher Sentry % on Rucksack I'm not sure what needs to be improved (and I'm already at 2m+ rerolls there)...

The Shoulders are the weakest piece for sure but I have yet to see one roll with better Sentry% or CDR with natural vit yet. Probably what I'm gonna be working on. Cluster Arrow boots would be nice.

I wanted WH because Harrington is useless in Greater Rifts though I have a really nicely rolled Dex Harrington as well.
Congrats on the Witching Hour, Windgrace! Kadala can be a fickle friend at times, but I'm glad she saw fit to share some of her epic loot with you.

As for your gear, I don't personally see much to improve. You've done incredibly well! Maybe your fellow players will have some strong suggestions, though.
^^^

Greetings new blue and Diii Ironborn. Please ignore the trolls asking why-you-no-answer-suggestions-threads on your way out.

To OP: I got 3 piece Rainment yesterday, 2 from her. In total, about 8 or 9 greens yesterday. Let's do a test regarding Sunday Kadala shall we? You still need boots, shoulders and vit on chest, I'll try gambling Tal's Set on Wizzie.
08/11/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Tyvalir
Congrats on the Witching Hour, Windgrace! Kadala can be a fickle friend at times, but I'm glad she saw fit to share some of her epic loot with you.

As for your gear, I don't personally see much to improve. You've done incredibly well! Maybe your fellow players will have some strong suggestions, though.

Thank you! Also, welcome!

It's actually kind of funny, I didn't even realize I got a Witching Hour until I checked the clan chat. I spammed belts at Kadala and it was the second to last belt before my inventory was filled and I had already closed out and was headed to the blacksmith to salvage everything before I noticed. I saw someone had looted a Witching Hour and was about to congratulate them before I saw it was my username.

Yeah, I think so. I don't main a DH, but I can still see a lot of room for improvement on pretty much any of your Marauder's gear (although your Helm has great Dex/Vit rolls, so it'd be hard to get those again). I'd start with your Shoulders or Boots.

For shoulders: You can get a much higher Dex roll, maybe a better Vit roll, and a better +Sentry%. Is that reduced cooldown of 7% on there actually doing anything for you? I would still try to get one with a resistance as a secondary, like you have now, unless you opt to get AR instead or CDR.

For boots: Again, you can get a much better Dex roll, and some useful secondary rolls. Additionaly, Movement Speed is often regarded as a wasted slot on gear because it's more cost effective to put Paragon points into +25% MS vs the stat you give up to have it on your gear.

I'd try to optimize those 2 items, at least, before going on to more expensive items. Rings, Amulets, and Weapons cost so many Shards that unless you REALLY need a specific item it's better to gamble on armor, first.

That said, with the Legendary Gems coming out in 2.1, you may want to try and find Rings/Amulets that have good rolls and a socket.
OP's current rings both work as 2.1 rings with the rerollable stat rolled to sockets, so no issues with those.

You did detail on why those 2 mara pieces were lacking; the low Dex rolls and the low or 0 skill roll. CDR is a desired stat on DH with shoulder and helm being the 2 slots we do not give up a DPS stat to get it.

While the Rucksack is good (not able to see it was rolled for the Sentry already) I found getting the extra +disc on the quiver to be invaluable and there's some room for improvement with dex, ias, vit and sentry as well.

@Tyvalir: Welcome!
Also my welcome to Tyvalir.

I understand that you are a WD fan (although you need not reply to that I understand -- :) ).

Why don't we just program Kadala (the RNG goddess) to give me some leg follower specials? hehe

I've played enough to get a couple of Jade sets and some good gear on my main WD, I cannot break that RNG curse on my followers!
08/11/2014 09:53 AMPosted by RobertsMac

Harrington's is useless in G.rifts (no chests).
I bet you sacrificed a max level HC toon, your neighbor's cat and drank fresh human blood.
08/11/2014 06:31 PMPosted by KillRyan
I bet you sacrificed a max level HC toon, your neighbor's cat and drank fresh human blood.

Basically. :)
I think you should gamble for better boots. Your current pair is not bad but if you manage to drop all res from your boots and get % skill damage that would be a sound damage increase.

You may also want to drop vita from your helm and get % skill damage from it too. You can easily replace some of your emeralds from your gear (or all) with diamonds to get the extra thoughness you need (if you need).
OP, sorry if I sounded bit arrogant, every time I find a Quiver and the 1st thing I look at is the extra 10 Discipline. A quiver without discipline will go straight to Haedrig even if it is a rucksack.

Some of your gears can be upgraded as some have pointed out.
^^^
He didn't say he doesn't need upgrades.
08/12/2014 02:41 AMPosted by Rialian
I think you should gamble for better boots. Your current pair is not bad but if you manage to drop all res from your boots and get % skill damage that would be a sound damage increase.

You may also want to drop vita from your helm and get % skill damage from it too. You can easily replace some of your emeralds from your gear (or all) with diamonds to get the extra thoughness you need (if you need).

That's the plan. Nothing from Kadala yet but I'm in no rush. My Demon hunter has less than half the elite kills of my Witch Doctor so I'm sure I'll end up with some better rolls on my gear.

08/12/2014 03:03 AMPosted by Cameo
OP, sorry if I sounded bit arrogant, every time I find a Quiver and the 1st thing I look at is the extra 10 Discipline. A quiver without discipline will go straight to Haedrig even if it is a rucksack.

Some of your gears can be upgraded as some have pointed out.

And I'm personally very grateful for the bonus on-globe pickup on my Quiver at the moment. Should I get one with a better Attack Speed roll, Vitality, Sentry % and/or Discipline then I'll consider changing it.

08/12/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Wilson
^^^
He didn't say he doesn't need upgrades.

Thank you! There is always room for improvement for everyone.
Grats on your find Windgrace.

It's always nice to get that item you've been hunting for!

a response here would be nice

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13594739840?page=1
Jesus OP you have hands down the best geared DH i have ever seen, when the leaderboard comes out I have no doubt you would be at top 10 DH. Congratulations on the find!