Monk Fun ... Your Experience of the Game?

Monk
What makes playing Diablo3 a fun experience for your monk?

I'll start ...

1. Still love the sound and the graphics of this game, especially when I'm watching my son play the game as I can wander my gaze on the nice details of the game.

2. When I can defeat enemies quickly (for me T3 and below).

3. Legendary drops still excite me as it could be the ONE.

4. When I'm able to complete a T5 bounty without dieing (needs vigilant play on my part)

5. Actually I do appreciate the effort that blizzard puts into the updates (controversial for us monks I realize) but in my gaming experience not too many companies overhaul their games.

6. While I do not check out the monk forums too much, there are a number of very positive and savvy (2 v's ... looks like a 'w") contributors who bolster the monk knowledge base. This is reassuring when I'm seeking answers to monk related issues.

7. Still like leveling up although its a slow process as I do not play in groups.

8. Like trying new gear setups and new builds even though I may fall back to my favorites.

What are some of the reasons that make this game fun for you? #2 and #8 are my fav reasons for playing.
Reason #8 kept me on for the longest time. However that kinda died with the ROS gear. The elemental damage aspect kinda ruined it. Even then I still play around with builds.

Other than that, I farm for gold/keys while hoping for THE ONE legendary drop. Like jawbreaker. Cuz I still want to try out that ping pong playstyle.
08/18/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Gxl
Other than that, I farm for gold/keys while hoping for THE ONE legendary drop. Like jawbreaker.

Random drops are a strange thing ... I've got Jawbreaker drops aplenty yet for all my hrs of play cannot get a second Unity Ring to drop ... just want to try the double unity with the Invincible follower to see what its like. Best drop for me in a long while was the Kulle-Aid health potion because 90% of my deaths are due to the walled in/elemental damage (usually the exploding dead enemies).
08/18/2014 08:34 AMPosted by Justice
What makes playing Diablo3 a fun experience for your monk?

I love how monks control the field and move fast. I like the order they can create out of chaos.
#1 to #10: Dashing Strike :D
08/18/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Vox
I like the order they can create out of chaos.
Charging into 100 enemies (ok its probably not even 50, but let me have my fantasy damnit!), throwing up a few exploding palms, and watching them all go boom.

Never gets old. It's even easier on 2.1 as well because you can toss them on the lower HP mobs and it still does a lot of damage.

Speaking of which, I tried to play live again yesterday. I did a single bounty and had to quit. My monk is so pathetically slow at killing stuff on 2.0.6.
I love how my weapon repair bills are really low because I rarely hit any monsters, since they are all killed by my party-members even before I could get to them.

I love how my armor repair bills are really low because I rarely get hit by any monsters, since they are all killed by my party-members even before I could get to them.

I love how my class taught me to play defensively (stack CDR and Epiphany Desert-Shroud) and stay alive, because if I were to die, my team-mates would lose all the buffs and mantra that I provide them, and that may piss them off and make them stop inviting me for their T6 runs in the future.

I love how my class taught me about the importance of crowd-control, because Cyclone-strike is really good for that, and without that most T6 parties won't even bother bringing me for their runs.

I love how my class taught me that Exploding Palm is a really OP move, since I can deal insane damage even when my actual dps is non-existent. Thank god they are nerfing EP in the next patch, so that I could go back to focusing on spamming Cyclone-strikes and mantras to help my team, instead of dealing damage.
08/18/2014 04:50 PMPosted by PappaPia
I love how my weapon repair bills are really low because I rarely hit any monsters, since they are all killed by my party-members even before I could get to them.

Truly funny, especially the way you worded it. lol.
08/18/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Hippotion
#1 to #10: Dashing Strike :D

I'm going to try this out now.