SWK clone spawn new problem

Monk
I made a topic about this in PTR. Feedback but it only got 8 views before being knocked to page 2.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13839984248

I wonder if any other monks have experienced this?
Replied to it on PTR ;)
I replied there as well.

I noticed this too and I think I figured it out. The clone will spawn on whichever mob is closest to your cursor. otherwise it spawns next to you.

EDIT: small change, it seems to only function like this under certain conditions. CS will always behave like this. While under Epiphany mantra spam will behave like this. without Epiphany mantra spam drops the clones next to you. Tzo Krin's Gaze will cause bells to behave like this with or without Epiphany active.
I don't think it's a bug it seems like an improvement. The only issue seems to be timing when the clones spawn on a slight delay and the mob they were targeting is now dead.
08/17/2014 06:59 AMPosted by Horizon
I don't think it's a bug it seems like an improvement. The only issue seems to be timing when the clones spawn on a slight delay and the mob they were targeting is now dead.

How is it an improvement, before you could control your clone placement now you cant?
I'm confused by your statement,

how could you control the placement before? do you mean it was at least consistently by your character every time?

because at least now there is some semblance of control in terms of being able to place the clones near different mobs and/or placing them at range period. That to me is an improvement over the old system.
08/17/2014 07:35 AMPosted by HVIIDLYS
08/17/2014 06:59 AMPosted by Horizon

How is it an improvement, before you could control your clone placement now you cant?

before they were totally uncontrollable and spawned randomly around your character, often times on the opposite side of where a mob was (usually issue vs RG) missing completely.

Much better how it is now vs before.
i keep say in all post that blizz make it eksplode from chr 15-20y like that Mase with 10 kill poison eksplode. like scource sword etc etc
08/17/2014 09:38 AMPosted by Bacon
before they were totally uncontrollable and spawned randomly around your character, often times on the opposite side of where a mob was (usually issue vs RG) missing completely.

Much better how it is now vs before.

The problem is that the clones have taunt so if you have champions / elites that are spread out they stay spread out cuz your taunt keeps them in place. It requires alot of time to gather the mobs without cyclone and if they are ranged/chargers etc. you will have your clone doing single target dps and keeping the chargers away from your main pack alot of the time.

I'm loosing time on every single run, NOT what the monks need. They should maybe nerf the dmg of the clones alittle and include a "casts your cyclone strike" together with it to compensate. + Let the cylcone strike rune determine element