Sweeping Wind vs. Mystic Ally

Monk
Come 2.1, I'm stuck on which one of these are the better option.
I've planned on running SWK-build with the new buff.

Sweeping Wind
Pros:
- 305% Weapon Damage/sec.
- 8 spirit/sec regen
- Seasonal legendary is optional, not required.
- Great Synergy with Cyclone Strike.
- Great for procing SWK clones

Cons:
- Costs 75 Spirit to cast.
- Short ranged DPS
- requires Building 3 stack before it's useful.
- expires.

Mystic Ally
Pros:
- 130% Weapon damage on hit (x2)
- 8 Spirit/sec regen.
- Adds some invisible mitigation from using pets that absorb damage. (?)
- + Spirit burst on activation.
- Never expires

Cons:
- Crudest Boots required
- Lower DPS vs. Sweeping Wind.
- No SWK clone proccing.

If I missed any Pro's/Con's let me know ;)

Which one of the 2 would you Guys use, if you had to pick only 1 ?
I have 2 questions I'm not sure about. I've always been a SW user but now I find myself at a x-roads.

1. Is Mystic Ally now a better choice over Sweeping Wind?
2. Is it worth it getting +Mystic Alle Damage on Shoulder/Chest over other primary stats?

Thank you for your Time ;)
/Taurea.
Isn't mystic 4 sp/s? I use both the ally and SW.
08/19/2014 12:50 PMPosted by ZeeBearjew
Isn't mystic 4 sp/s? I use both the ally and SW.

Hence:

- 8 Spirit/sec regen.

-->
- Crudest Boots required

:-)
More spirit vs more damage.

Mystic Ally: Air Ally is 4 spirit/sec, 100/30 sec at 0 CD = 7.33 spirit/second no crudest boots 0 CDR
WIth Crudest boots 0 CDR it is 8/sec, 200/30 sec = 14.66 spirit/second

With 50 CDR this becomes 8+200/15= 21.33 spirit/second, or 10.66 with no crudest boots.

If spirit gen is your primary want for either of these abilities (as it seems), mystic ally outperforms SW tremendously

edit: +Mystic Ally% is not worth a primary stat slot on any gear.

Life% on chest is better or %cdr/%life on shoulders.
I'd say Mystic Ally is probably better most of the time.

Also under pro's, Mystic Ally is affected by mantras - this isn't always relevant depending on your mantra, but it can make a difference. (I haven't done extensive testing, so there may be some mantra effects that don't work). Mystic Ally is improved with CDR too. So as long as you're able to spend all the spirit you make, then MA will generate more spirit.

Ultimately, for the SWK builds, I would say it depends on how well you spend spirit. MA generates more spirit, but SW spends more. So if you have no troubles spending all your spirit, then go with MA. If you're generating spirit quicker than you can spend it, then SW is the better choice.

As for getting +MA damage, I doubt it's worth it since SWK does the vast majority of your damage. Dex, Vit, Sockets, %Life, CDR, and LpS are all more appealing stats. I don't think SWK procs Area damage, but if it does, then that's good too. If you really need to squeeze out more damage, then +MA damage on the chest might be OK-ish, but I doubt it will make a substantial difference, so I'd stick with a survival stat instead.

-Hawk
I have found that spending spirit fast enough is a MAJOR roadblock to SWK and SW is an elegant solution.

I am running IwL so the higher the uptime of my auto-attacking, the better which is another vote for the 0 attack timer if SW.
08/19/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Druin
I have found that spending spirit fast enough is a MAJOR roadblock to SWK and SW is an elegant solution.

I am running IwL so the higher the uptime of my auto-attacking, the better which is another vote for the 0 attack timer if SW.

its a problem if you use a generator. not a problem if you are running without one, but then you have the problem of running out.

spirit... can't live with it, can't live without it.