Followers In Beta?

General Discussion
Will Followers be in the beta? If so which ones?

Also which Follower are you going to use the most?

Personally I am going to try and use them all but focus mainly on the Enchantress since I am Witch Doctor and will have plenty of summons to tank for me. Also she is hot. ;)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=trailer&view#/followers
You will get a templar follower, but that's it.
being hot and badass is always a plus. that comes as a higher priority when i'm playing blizzard games rather than having highest stats. i know i can always make the difference up with skill. -_-
I should also say that he's unlocked near the end of the beta, maybe 10 minutes or less before you reach Leoric and the beta ends. Don't expect to do a lot of follower testing until release :)
08/26/2011 06:46 PMPosted by Mimiron
I should also say that he's unlocked near the end of the beta, maybe 10 minutes or less before you reach Leoric and the beta ends. Don't expect to do a lot of follower testing until release :)

That is what I was assuming however I must ask how you are so confident in your statements.

Also you didn't answer the second question!
08/26/2011 06:49 PMPosted by Bonespirit

That is what I was assuming however I must ask how you are so confident in your statements.

Also you didn't answer the second question!

I was at the press event, so I played the beta through already.

And oh, I'll probably use the enchantress the most :P
08/26/2011 06:49 PMPosted by Bonespirit

He's not confident, he's trolling you =P

Blizzard betas have always been pretty much complete games. No reason to assume this will be any less than that. It might not have music/movies. Artisans, followers, etc should all be in the beta.
I wish followers would be useful for difficulties other than normal
08/26/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Nash
I wish followers would be useful for difficulties other than normal

They said followers in Diablo II would also be useless in difficulties beyond normal, but they werent. It really depends on how you gear them. In Diablo II it was perfectly possible to make your spear follower actually kill bosses for you in hell.

If your follower has decked out legendaries there is no reason for them to not be able to solo normal by themselves by the time your level 60.

The only thing i wish we could control was the Follow AI, through a simple method like, "Stay back", "Only heal", "Be offensive" etc....
As far I heard no, Blizzard wouldn't spill out singleplayer for Beta testing. That off bound territory for us till release day and figure out slipped flaws. No doubt they focus on tinkering the menu format, clearing out bugs, and stabilizing multiplayer/PvP content much like they have done with StraCraft II: Wings of Liberty's own.

But I'll take the Scoundrel, Lyndon.
08/26/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Wingbane

He's not confident, he's trolling you =P

Blizzard betas have always been pretty much complete games. No reason to assume this will be any less than that. It might not have music/movies. Artisans, followers, etc should all be in the beta.

Someone who knows absolutely nothing about a beta that was completely revealed on July 27th to dozens of press outlets who then revealed it to millions of readers detected.
08/26/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Wingbane

Actually this beta will only consist of the first Act and have a level 13 character cap. Whether that is a hard cap or simply because you no longer get experience from monsters at that level is uncertain. This information was revealed by Jay Wilson himself during the Press Event. You can see the videos on Force's channel. I believe this is the video where he said it.

http://youtu.be/l2hZxhXCBP8

08/26/2011 08:22 PMPosted by Eroldren
As far I heard no, Blizzard wouldn't spill out singleplayer for Beta testing. That off bound territory for us till release day and figure out slipped flaws. No doubt they focus on tinkering the menu format, clearing out bugs, and stabilizing multiplayer/PvP content much like they have done with StraCraft II: Wings of Liberty's own.

There is no single player exclusive mode. The Acts in the co-op mode are the acts that you will play alone in a custom game. Their focusing on Battle.net UI and to have players run a muck and fix anything that breaks.

The only thing i wish we could control was the Follow AI, through a simple method like, "Stay back", "Only heal", "Be offensive" etc....

Yes! Better control of the Follower's AI is a must! The same thing with the pets. I really hope they do not use the WoW pet's AI, which is so unbearably bad.