wth is that?

Monk
in the new monk ability video, what is the skill that like drops a bell on an enemy. that thing looks awesome and i wonder if the bell gets bigger depending on the enemy. I could imagine dropping a 50 ft. tall bell on a boss :p
You actually like the bell? It looks interesting but to me it just makes the ability look...goofy. I'm not complaining but why would the monk summon a 50 foot bell? Just seems unorthodox to a holy warrior. It reminds me of Wile E. Coyote trying to drop an anvil on Road Runner's head.
The bell is supposed to draw back to the whole asian mystic theme. I think it's kind of cool. i forget what it actually does but i know it knocks opponents back and probably deals some sort of damage. They said the monk has a bunch of skills centered around keeping him from getting surrounded. I think the monk is going to be sooooo BA!!!!
It's a rune effect on Wave of Light.
It IS goofy.
The bell could be useful onced improved, could prevent your entire party from dieing. who knows?
Wonder what happens at rank 7.... 7 bells drop?
My only comment is "I don't like it".
I hate that bell thing.
Only problem I have with the bell is it didn't seem to make a sound. But that I might've missed it.
Rank 7 bells chime songs of love too warming for Diablo's minions to stick around. Reindeer start shooting from out of the sky, and drop Christmas presents for each monster which melts their hearts. A fire is then lit and snow falls from the sky for 10 seconds.
the bell doesn't drop on the enemy, it drops in front of them if i remember the video correctly. you beat the bell and it does a knockback.
09/02/2011 09:39 AMPosted by BurntRabbit
the bell doesn't drop on the enemy, it drops in front of them if i remember the video correctly. you beat the bell and it does a knockback.

This.
I was kind of surprised when I saw a huge !@# bell suddenly drop, but otherwise, I like it :)
HATE the bell and the pillar concepts! Blizzard can do much much better. They're just too literal and seem ridiculous to me. You can think of something waaaaay more awesome Blizzard!
I love it.

I wish my monk could land on his enemies while riding a bulldozer, but this will do.
I actually really like it. It's like a monastery bell that gets thrown at enemies for massive damage. The ability is wave of light

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#.k
what is this new monk vid you speak of? are you talking bout the old desert fighting one?
I just find it kind of ridiculous. As I say it's too literal for me. I mean: he is a fighter monk, not a wizard. Summoning a giant bell out of nowhere doesn't seem like an attractive ultimate skill to me.