Ok I got a email today about beta

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 Next
Everyone wants in.
They see a thread of false hope.
Anguish bleeds from all.
i call BS, sense the post time was still 8-30-11.
Aren't there any moderators from Blizzard monitoring the threads? maybe they can clear this up. i doubt just one person got it. I am sure Blizzard would send a batch or keys or something, and then we would hear from all of them at the same time. Not just one.
There is no beta its a shame.

The beta is actually the Diablo 3 demo becuase you can only play to level 13, theres no testing required. Blizzard is testing the servers thats it.

This means D3 will go gold some time in october and release in november or december.

Also diablo 3 will be a very short beta like 2-3 weeks. So get ready and pre order the game
09/01/2011 07:30 AMPosted by brau
Aren't there any moderators from Blizzard monitoring the threads? maybe they can clear this up. i doubt just one person got it. I am sure Blizzard would send a batch or keys or something, and then we would hear from all of them at the same time. Not just one.

I honestly don't know... maybe they let us do whatever they want until beta? xD
This whole thread should have been buried on page 5 or 6 when Sixen already responded with the answer that everyone already knew...thus insinuating it should have never been started.

No bash against anyone, it just is what it is. Keep up the patience guys, you've already come this far.
This thread is 13 pages now and I guarantee you it's caught the attention of at least one of the blue posters, yet they haven't locked it. I don't care what Sixen said, that's unusual behavior from them.
Your being trolled by blizzard there is no beta.

The beta is a demo and will only last 2-3 weeks and then the game goes gold.

Reason why its a demo.

1. You can only level to 13 and play the first half of act 1 roughly 25 mins long.
2. Your not testing any thing and if you was the whole game would be avalible because you cant test every thing in the game in only 25 mins.

3.Blizzard said this is only to test there battle.net servers to see how stable it is and if any tweaking is needed before the game goes gold.

4. The game is finished and will release by years end.
Your being trolled by blizzard there is no beta.

The beta is a demo and will only last 2-3 weeks and then the game goes gold.

Reason why its a demo.

1. You can only level to 13 and play the first half of act 1 roughly 25 mins long.
2. Your not testing any thing and if you was the whole game would be avalible because you cant test every thing in the game in only 25 mins.

3.Blizzard said this is only to test there battle.net servers to see how stable it is and if any tweaking is needed before the game goes gold.

4. The game is finished and will release by years end.

I agree with this and also think that there will be a VERY big invite. Some think it will be kept small, but if they are testing server load then I forsee them getting as many players as possible.

Plus with the shortened content people will leave the game quickly meaning you need to cycle lots of folks in.
09/01/2011 07:32 AMPosted by Seventhwinds
The beta is actually the Diablo 3 demo becuase you can only play to level 13, theres no testing required. Blizzard is testing the servers thats it.
It will be primarily a hardware test. As in a test on the game's performance on different computer setups.