Take your time or rush through?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
If he is available I plan to spend the first 2 hours of the game stalking Deckard Cain =)
I wonder if anyone will beat normal on the first day?
Why rush through a masterpiece, it's always better if you stop and smell the roses, you might catch something you would have otherwise missed.
Assuming my little brother joins me in diablo 3, we aren't rushing. taking our time....and staying up for 24 hours >.>
I plan to take my time, and enjoy the story and epic battles. I could care less about trying to make money from the RMAH. I'm in it for the experience of it all. I may trade on the GAH, but that would be the extent of it. Although its been 10 years, part of the fun is waiting to see what's waiting for you around the next corner!!!
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

Oh. when I get to what I like to call the D-zone. I will emerge my self deep with in the story as much as possible. I cant wait!
Will you be taking your time with the first playthrough or rushing to level and finish a first playthrough?

I will be exploring every corner of the map, killing every monster, and looting every little bit of loot, as fast as possible ;)

first time I played diablo 1 and 2+ exp. I always lived through the game. emerged my self into the story. I want to feel apart of the game and story line. rushing does nothing to help that. so I will be taken my time and fully experiencing the game... and vote kicking any bot that will come into my public game. if they manage to make they're way into diablo 3 fast.
live the dream before facing the nightmare I always say.
How do i know if i have gotten into the beta?
Isn't it only up to the King Leoric fight? That will probably not take too long to get to? I am certainly going to be taking my time... why not?
taking my time, i've always been one of those that has to uncover every nook and cranny in hopes of something awesome dropping :)
I really hope most of you do choose to explore the environments, dungeons, and chances for rare encounters, as well as listen to the tales told around you by the inhabitants of Sanctuary. A lot of players will naturally have this desire anyway, which is good. If you pass up an unexplored wing of a dungeon because you found in there what you needed for a quest already, you get the feeling while playing that something of consequence could still be in the dungeon. The game's been designed to make exploration feel important to the story, fun, and rewarding. ;)

If I get my talons on a Beta key, I plan on taking the scenic route (as I did in the D2 demo). Leveling each class 2x, once for each gender first and poking into all the corners of the map hunting for neat things/things out of place.

Then I will likely start mucking around with skills etc, perhaps a bit of benchmarking on my laptop versus my gaming rig.

Finally I'll likely get bored and start attemping to break things and find bugs.

But yeah - I plan on making it last at least a month or so.
I'm more of a power user. When the game released I'm going to be playing alot. I want to get to the end game quickly. What's great about the position i'm in is that I have many more casual gaming friends who I will be able to experience the wonderful nature of the game. I've got a second PC here already ready to be played at a moments notice, and deskspace for 2 fellow Diablords (YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS, IM TRADEMARKING THIS). I forsee myself able to enjoy the game and still get the satisfaction of powering through the game and becoming one of the early players that reach the highest levels. (I'm also a big game economy freak, so the only way I forsee myself building any sort of 'coin' in game is if I'm one of the first to be able to play the market with higher end items)

If I happen to receive a beta invite I will probably play through a run quite slowly, get my bearings then try to find ways to break the game for many hours.
is just beta so is gonna be wiped anyways. So we should take our time to play!
Definitely going to take the scenic route on my first run through Normal when the game is released. The best part of any game is the journey not the destination (which is why I heavily prefer Diablo and SC to WoW).

I might even do it in single player the first time so I don't get anyone ruining the plot for me. I pre-ordered the collector's edition of D2 and played the moment UPS dropped it off. I started playing multiplayer right away. Act 1 was a blast, no one had any clue what they were doing. Then came Act 2, it was even better than Act 1 lore wise. Unfortunately some jackass a few levels ahead of me ruined the whole Act's story before I even gotten to the Jerhim's palace. I was completely wrapped up in the Tal Rasha + Baal story, and mentally prepping myself to battle a Tal Rasha who had mutated into Baal. There I am, happily roaming the deserts, scouring every set of ruins for trap doors with some other players in the same boat, when some guy joins and tells us all about Duriel and how the boss fight plays out (incidentally we all still died during the loading sequence into his chamber).

Much worse than someone spoiling the ending to a movie.
I am a competionist. I will kill everything and explore everything before leaving an area.
been waiting 10 years for the game to come out. there is no way that im rushing. i will savor every moment.
As previously said, the RMAH will be loaded with high priced items after the first wave hits Inferno. I plan on being within that group.

With that being said, I would also like to enjoy the entire game. However, being the first wave into Inferno isn't something that I can do at a later date; enjoying the lore and everything else can be done later.