General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
PMPosted by Zarheim
No
And why not?

cause i said NO!
09/11/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Ôzai
Cause Blizz does NOT need 2jump on the console bandwagon
Why not? They'd make more money if they made a condole game.
People like having devs devoted to the PC. When it comes to consoles, there are lots of incentives to making exclusives, or even just games that don't end up on the PC or don't take the PC in to consideration. Sony and Microsoft buy developers or even just incentivize exclusivity. It's also a lot easier to make an XBox or PS3 game and then move it over to the other platform than it is to make a console and a PC game that feels equally at home on both platforms. Because of this, gamers who are primarily PC players get worried when it looks like devs might move in to the console market. They get worried that the quality of PC development will falter, or that the company's PC gaming endeavours will end entirely.
09/11/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Zarheim
Diablo 3 seems like it would make a great ps3 game. Reminds me of the golden times back when I use to play Champions of Norrath. Made a great game for the PS2. Having Diablo 3 for PS3 would be epic and attract even more gamers than just PC gamers.

are you slow?
No. Please Blizzard do NOT. (I own both a 360 and a PS3... DO NOT)
It will come out on Xbox and prob PS3. Blizzard's overlords Activision will demand it.
They would have to dumb the game down sooooo much that nobody who plays pc games would ever buy it. Console systems just aren't as powerful as pc systems in many areas and the difference between a remote control and a keyboard and mouse is huge.
09/11/2011 07:05 PMPosted by Zarheim
Diablo 3 seems like it would make a great ps3 game. Reminds me of the golden times back when I use to play Champions of Norrath. Made a great game for the PS2. Having Diablo 3 for PS3 would be epic and attract even more gamers than just PC gamers.

stupid post. don't ever post something like this again!!!!
im a long time diablo fan been playing since it came out i even had the playstation version it was great....... just as good as the pc version and there wasnt hacks!

look at all these idiots spending all this money trying to build the ultimate pc just to run this game (its not needed lol )

the freaking forums have turned from D3 to pc tech prety funny

1 ps3 version less likely to see hack
2 no need for all the upgrades
3 i can play from the comfort of my lazyboy without a keyboard on my lap and clicking mouse
4 and its a great idea nomatter what the haters say(yes it will be just as great on ps3/xbox)
5 more money for blizzard and the RMAH witch will be better support for us (win/win)

i love how the nah sayers can just say no lmao
im a long time diablo fan been playing since it came out i even had the playstation version it was great....... just as good as the pc version and there wasnt hacks!

look at all these idiots spending all this money trying to build the ultimate pc just to run this game (its not needed lol )

the freaking forums have turned from D3 to pc tech prety funny

2 no need for all the upgrades
3 i can play from the comfort of my lazyboy without a keyboard on my lap and clicking mouse
4 and its a great idea nomatter what the haters say(yes it will be just as great on ps3/xbox)
5 more money for blizzard and the RMAH witch will be better support for us (win/win)

i love how the nah sayers can just say no lmao
I agree ^^
I'm not going to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole, as I'm not a fan of major pc developers making games for consoles unless its a new IP and will never be on pc.
09/11/2011 07:55 PMPosted by Wub
I'm not going to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole, as I'm not a fan of major pc developers making games for consoles unless its a new IP and will never be on pc.

I agree with that. I think the reason for that is that whenever companies do this, the game loses potential in being focused on ports instead of just going onto one system.

Except for when the entire PSN was hacked. Oh fun days those were.
Oh ffs I played D1 on PC and PS1 both were very enjoyable yeah you might not feel like a unique little snowflake having your game on more than one platform but oh well ... yeah thats right I said it D1 was indeed enjoyable on the PS1
09/11/2011 08:02 PMPosted by Dreadnaught

I agree with that. I think the reason for that is that whenever companies do this, the game loses potential in being focused on ports instead of just going onto one system.

fact is that its an open market waiting to be taped...
i see your guys point your afraid its going to take away from the game..
i say its going to bring more to the game

1 more attention to the product
2 more money for blizzard (i dont care to spend another 60 bucks to play a ps3 version)
3 more players to buy and sell things and farm
i think it would be neat to log on and play my us west char from my ps3 but i know that aint going to happen
i see both sides and i think that its truely not a bad idea IMO
No... just no...
i own a PS3.. its great. Blizzard makes fantastic games... but.. No
no ps3 diablo, bad idea is bad
I actually started playing Diablo on the Playstation. I didn't play the PC version until years later and tbh I probably would not have started playing blizzard games if it wasn't for the console release. So I'm for this......as long as it didn't delay the PC version release :)
09/11/2011 08:03 PMPosted by Dreadnaught

Except for when the entire PSN was hacked. Oh fun days those were.

thats why i said LESS likely

come on now how often do you see people running around on the ps3 with
hacked weapon
aimbots
bots period
spamming terror bots
restrictions put on games like d2 wear your accounts suspended from in and out of games to fast
oooo yea pc way better lmao
yea it did suck when it went down for a month i was agravated
ive been aggravated for allmost a decade of spamming and botting on pc
id play pc and console version and soo would 10's of thousands if not hundreds
Personally id just rather it not be multi platformed because then one group or the other will always say their way is better.
For instance i have a PS3 and play cod on it but all my friends rag on me because they claim xbox players are so much better and theres no competition on PS3.
I feel like it would just lead to our community being divided by console players and PC players, not to mention you would be required to have online access which means paying on xbox.

Plus games on consoles seemed to get hacked and have modded controlers alot of times