How does Blizz feel about D3/beta/community?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Making a post about what Blizzard thinks, or plans to achieve is pretty popular. But, what do they actually think? Are they excited to release the game, and hard at work to round off the edges? Do they drag their feet into work and hate their long lives of game development? Do the Community Managers know what goes on outside of the forums? Is there dissent between the CMs and the people working on the games?

Does Blizzard have an opinion, or is it the !@#$ing Terminator when it comes to games?

These things have NEVER been fleshed out, I think it'd be interesting to see some magazine/interviewer do an actual report on Blizzard's outlook.
Edited for spam.
blizzard employees are just like you, they put their pants on one leg at a time.

Its just when they do it they make the best video games in the world....while you sit around waiting to play them.

of course they are excited to release this game and have the world bow down to their greatness.

Have you ever worked on a team? it is amazing to release the product you worked so hard for.
09/15/2011 06:41 PMPosted by Antizerg
blizzard employees are just like you, they put their pants on one leg at a time.

I've been deceived? I thought they were aliens! :(
i dont think anyone of us can answer for how someone else Feels.
09/15/2011 06:43 PMPosted by ShadeAtNight

I feel good, coach. I feel real good. I'm ready to get out there and give 110%.

Are they excited to release the game, and hard at work to round off the edges?

Yes.

Do they drag their feet into work and hate their long lives of game development?

No.

Do the Community Managers know what goes on outside of the forums?

Yes.

Is there dissent between the CMs and the people working on the games?

No.
09/15/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Daxxarri

good game

/buttslap
09/15/2011 06:46 PMPosted by Kakey
/buttslap

/thread.
I usually feel with my fingers..don't know about the rest of you

Yes.

Do they drag their feet into work and hate their long lives of game development?

No.

Yes.

No.

Best answers.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

We appreciate your hard work.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

<3 favorite blue post yet

"Get up ya $%#&*%^^ cus Mickey loves ya"
09/15/2011 06:47 PMPosted by Lando
I feel more trolled than answered.

I guess that's your opinion then. I view it more like... as a puzzle.

I'll try making this question into a yes/no question.....
Do you know if there is a general opinion among blizzard employees, on if they are disappointed when their fans act negatively towards each, and if you know and there is, could you please elucidate us on these amazing answers? Also, if there isn't one, or you do not know, would you mind sharing your opinion? And if you don't mind sharing your opinion, what is it?

Do you enjoy publicly testing the game in beta(not you yourself, don't tease us with you having fun in the beta...! I mean, putting it out there), or are you displeased with the need to publicly testing the beta yet not being able to release it until after beta testing phase?
Err, I guess I'm saying, do you like the process where it's incomplete and the community gets to put feedback in it and shape it towards completion, or would you prefer it if you could not show it to the fans until it is 100% complete, barring the effects public testing can have.

Is there dissent between the CMs and other CMs? Is the reason Blizzard Dota is being developed so that Warcraft Blizzard CMs and Starcraft CMs, and hopefuly Diablo Blizzard CMs can all duke it out? If CMs are not divided that way, or divided at all, I would appreciate not using that loophole to escape the question!

What is your favorite Blizzard game? I don't need a "best" answer, just your personal favorite.

Are you personally participating in the Diableard competition?

When you wake up in the morning, do you think, "Yeah, I'm real cool."?

Am I asking too many questions? Have I overstepped my bounds? Will the Blizzard police come and take me away?

What is your favorite class for Diablo 3? Do you have any particular builds you are planning on making? Are you going to play Diablo 3 incognito so that panic attacks are not had, heralding the arrival of a celebrity?

Is it hard to resist trolling the community?

Wow, I managed to ask so many questions without asking to get into the beta.....
Oops.
Well, since I asked it...
Can you put me into the first wave of the closed beta?

Edit: Dang, brief window of opportunity passed. I guess there were too many questions. Maybe these will be answered... someday.
Or actually it didn't pass. Time to construct a response.
someone failed asked a blue question with one word answer..and didn't ask one that could be answered soon
Do you know if there is a general opinion among blizzard employees, on if they are disappointed when their fans act negatively towards each, and if you know and there is, could you please elucidate us on these amazing answers? Also, if there isn't one, or you do not know, would you mind sharing your opinion? And if you don't mind sharing your opinion, what is it?

Are we disappointed when fans act negatively toward one another? I'd hesitate to speak for everyone else, but I can answer for myself. I'm not sure if disappointed is the right word, but of course I'd prefer to see our communities come together, and for players to behave positively toward one another. I mean, ideally we're all here because we love the same games. When communities work to stay constructive, the experience of participating in the forums is better for everyone. The positive environment tends to produce the best kind of constructive feedback too. A constructive community doesn't have to agree - it's about how the disagreements occur, rather than them not occurring at all.

Do you enjoy publicly testing the game in beta(not you yourself, don't tease us with you having fun in the beta...! I mean, putting it out there), or are you displeased with the need to publicly testing the beta yet not being able to release it until after beta testing phase? Err, I guess I'm saying, do you like the process where it's incomplete and the community gets to put feedback in it and shape it towards completion, or would you prefer it if you could not show it to the fans until it is 100% complete, barring the effects public testing can have.

I'm not a developer, so I can't really answer for them. I do know that player feedback has always been a huge part of the Blizzard development cycle. So, I think it's important, and that trying to release a game without a beta phase would be really challenging on a lot of different fronts.

Is there dissent between the CMs and other CMs?

Dissent is a strange word to use in this context, but I'll choose to interpret it as 'disagree'. There's no strife between us - we're all friends, essentially. Just like any other human beings we might disagree from time to time.

What is your favorite Blizzard game? I don't need a "best" answer, just your personal favorite.

For purely sentimental reasons, the original Diablo, I think. Overall, though, I don't think it's accurate to say that I have a favorite. I'm a 'Blizzard gamer', which sounds like a cop out, but I actively play all our games and enjoy them for different reasons. I'm not much of a 'favorites' person. I tend to enjoy what I enjoy, when I'm in the mood to enjoy it.

Are you personally participating in the Diableard competition?

No. On the scale of beard trustworthiness, mine is already somewhere between questionable and unsavory. I'd better not push my luck.

When you wake up in the morning, do you think, "Yeah, I'm real cool."?

I don't think that I've ever thought that exact phrase at any time of day.

Am I asking too many questions? Have I overstepped my bounds? Will the Blizzard police come and take me away?

No.

What is your favorite class for Diablo 3?

I'm nowhere near picking a favorite. They're all very fun, and feel very different to play, so I switch which hero I'm playing frequently. I think part of the reason is that I'll find something cool that's good for a different hero while I'm playing. So I'll throw that in my stash, then hop onto the hero in question to take whatever it is I found out for a spin.

Do you have any particular builds you are planning on making?

Nothing in particular yet.

Are you going to play Diablo 3 incognito so that panic attacks are not had, heralding the arrival of a celebrity?

We (Blizzard employees) pretty much always play our games incognito.

Is it hard to resist trolling the community?

People keep accusing me of trolling, so I guess I already am? *shrug*

Wow, I managed to ask so many questions without asking to get into the beta.....
Oops.
Well, since I asked it...
Can you put me into the first wave of the closed beta?

I'm not going to be giving out any beta invites via the forums. Sorry. =/
can you sing a parody of forever young for us?