2000-2006 D2 got me through.

General Discussion
In high school, I played Diablo 1 the way it was meant to be played. In the middle of the night, with the lights off, in the basement. I still remember how I jumped out of my computer chair and almost lost it the first time the Butcher got the jump on me. "FRESH MEAT!!!!!" will always be a phrase I remember with a smile! (Eventually the joke was on him, because I figured out how to open the door, spam firewall, and close it before he could rush out and insta-gib me)

After that, I was in the navy for six long years. I joined before 9/11. I was a nuclear reactor operator. My job was extremely stressful, and when I spent month after month floating around at sea, life got pretty miserable. One of the only things I found comfort in, or that brought me peace during that rough time was Diablo 2.

I, like a lot of my shipmates, was all about Diablo 2 when it came out. A lot of us used a lot of our precious (and rare) time off to gain levels and kill stuff in single player, and occasionally hook a few laptops together for a co-op LAN game. After a while, we started to call it the "Time Machine", because we would start playing, and before you knew it 12 hours had disappeared, it was the next day, and time to go back to work. We had no way to play online, so we mostly played single player.

I completely understand why this game should be online-only. The spam from bots, and the hacking right now make D2 a less than fun experience, and keeping most of the game data on blizzard servers will help tremendously in stopping that.

But..... I can't help but wonder how much it sucks for current service members to miss out on such an anticipated game. It would be nice if there was some way Blizz could hook the military up with some kind of single player offline mode.

Thanks,

Teh Mung

I, like a lot of my shipmates, was all about Diablo 2 when it came out. A lot of us used most of our precious time off to gain levels and kill stuff in single player, and occasionally hook a few laptops together for a co-op LAN game. After a while, we started to call it the "Time Machine", because we would start playing, and before you knew it 12 hours had disappeared, it was the next day, and time to go back to work.

Poor military baby... Sitting in a boat playing Diablo 2 for 12 hours in a row! Cheer up. Want some more tax payer money? Here ya go hun... There there now... More money and easy job for you... Have some more Diablos, here's some loot I found for you...

Honestly, if anyone is still pro-life after reading this guy's posts, I don't know what to tell them
i wouldnt call being in the military an easy job unless your state side and pencil pushing....go through bootcamp then tell me they have an easy job. Dont disrespect the military lol skank

I, like a lot of my shipmates, was all about Diablo 2 when it came out. A lot of us used most of our precious time off to gain levels and kill stuff in single player, and occasionally hook a few laptops together for a co-op LAN game. After a while, we started to call it the "Time Machine", because we would start playing, and before you knew it 12 hours had disappeared, it was the next day, and time to go back to work.

Poor military baby... Sitting in a boat playing Diablo 2 for 12 hours in a row! Cheer up. Want some more tax payer money? Here ya go hun... There there now... More money and easy job for you... Have some more Diablos, here's some loot I found for you...

wow how about showing some respect... seriously.. have you ever worked a REAL honest day of work?

eventually your so physically/mentally drain... that is hard to think about anything but just be in zombie mode.
(Groceries Stores/Fast Food Restaurants etc.. dont count those are for "casual" players lol)
AtheneWins wouldn't last 30 seconds in the military, my job was/is regarded as one of the hardest jobs in the military. Ever work over 40 hours without sleep? Ever work 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day, for 7 months straight? AtheneWins is clueless troll.

Are you seriously that much of a jerk?

Only someone sitting in the comfort of their parent's basement under the protection of the United States Armed Forces could have the audacity to say something as ludicrous as this. Grow up, and show some respect for the people who risk their lives so that you can lurk in the basement.

Yeah you're right, I'm sorry :(
Sitting in a boat and playing Diablos is rough stuff
At least you're helping your country out!! Wouldn't want that Osama jumping around anymore or those damn Iraqis playing with OUR oil. Who do they think they are... Using our oil... The nerve.

Unless you are on an organic computer made out of sticks and leaves, you are contributing to the oil use that you are currently bashing. You are short a few brain cells, bud.

I would like to see if you have the nerve to say that to a soldier face to face. It would be really great to see you get beaten for being such an idiot.
Ahaha, he got deleted.
was athene trolling? looks like his !@# got banned if so..
It wasn't the real Athene, I'm sure.

The real Athene is too busy pwning noobs and winning to sit in his basement eating pringles and trolling forums.

Together to the Top! lol
[quote=". I still remember how I jumped out of my computer chair and almost lost it the first time the Butcher got the jump on me. "FRESH MEAT!!!!!" will always be a phrase I remember with a smile! (Eventually the joke was on him, because I figured out how to open the door, spam firewall, and close it before he could rush out and insta-gib me)
[/quote]

What about the trapping him in the stairs trick? hehe
Yeah! The stairs worked too! But, early on I had no idea that you could trap him like that so I used to always just find some firewall spells somewhere and then go back to him and bake him in his own room ;)
09/24/2011 02:59 PMPosted by taintpuncher
how do you spam firewall at lvl 5?

Firewall scrolls.