More than 4 players in a game

General Discussion
From what I've seen of the beta so far I think a max of 4 players per game does make sense, any more and the dungeons would be cluttered and the spell effects would get out of hand. I do think it would be cool, however, if they added a separate game mode for maybe 10-20 people where you can trade and duel with people and maybe form groups to jump into a regular game. Maybe a big town where people can hang out, completely separate from the rest of the game.
Isnt it like 8 players max per game i thought....

Most Teaming up i see happing starting in Nightmare/hell/ especially Inferno level.

I probablly go thru normal mode solo just so i can experience the lore/story on my own... without anyone rushing me
Isnt it like 8 players max per game i thought....

Most Teaming up i see happing starting in Nightmare/hell/ especially Inferno level.

I probablly go thru normal mode solo just so i can experience the lore/story on my own... without anyone rushing me
Nope. Maybe in some sort of 4v4 pvp mode, but a campaign game is 4 max.

I feel the same way about doing normal mode alone the first time. =]
I play pretty much every game with the same 5 friends. SOMEONE IS SITTING OUT! Probably gunna be Wolfmanes he a nerd!
i would also like it if there was like a trade world, i understand that the auction house exists but sometime u need to make quick cash and a nice trade world could be useful, butu can always make a game with the title "selling item blah".
I totally agree a non-combat lobby in a big town would be awesome. But lets not add another year to their development.

I wish this were posted and stickied 8 months ago.
09/24/2011 06:34 PMPosted by Nekrage
I play pretty much every game with the same 5 friends. SOMEONE IS SITTING OUT! Probably gunna be Wolfmanes he a nerd!

Math wiz lol.
09/24/2011 06:34 PMPosted by Nekrage

5 people you play with... plus you. two people are sitting out lol someone wasnt paying attention in 1st grade

and to the OP, this isnt wow. 4 people.
I think it would be a cool feature, mainly to help get good groups going. especially for inferno
Yeah I think that town idea would be a pretty cool one.. like a lobby where you can team up with people to run the same stuff etc. I wonder how hard that would be to incorporate.
...a big town where people can hang out, completely separate from the rest of the game.

I wouldn't mind this but I think it'll exist in the form of a chat lobby. Although I don't think it would fit into the world of Sanctuary to have a large hub town that acted as a safe haven from the demons..
PvP I am guessing we will have at least 3v3. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/whats-new screenshot)

Beyond this, I believe we will have more content updates than we had in Diablo 2.

Future content that could be balanced towards larger groups for example.
Personally, I would like it to be five people in a game, that way you could have all of the classes in there.
09/24/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Rhaenys
Personally, I would like it to be five people in a game, that way you could have all of the classes in there.

Yeah they could probably make 5 work, especially considering you could have 8 ppl in D2
I think it should be 8 people, just because its what "I" like.
iirc Blizzard said in past interviews that they felt 8 was too many, and that often times in D2, an 8 player game would either have 2 seperate groups, or just people seperated from the rest of the people doing their own thing. They felt that a smaller limit would mean that everyone is more likely to stay together.

I still think that this decision should be up to the players. If people want to run an 8 player pub game and seperate into 2 seperate groups (in different acts or whatever), but with the difficulty and drops of an 8 player game then thats fine. If they instead wanted a 4 player limit on the game they could set that limit when creating the room. When you did run with 8 people all on the same screen and cooperating, it was a lot of fun.
I'd rather do more then 4 to be honest. I got more then 4 friends that will play this game
who cares ?

this is a non-issue

they are not going to change it this late in development

They've already shown they are more than willing to change things like an entire class resource. Adding 5 players so one of each class can play in a game isnt so preposterous.