Bummed about Marked for Death change

Demon Hunter
With the Demon Hunter revamp, you don't get the Marked for Death skill until level 23! It used to be around level 8 before. I like the way it visually marks the target for your team members to help them focus on, like Hunter's Mark in WoW. But kinda disappointed we won't be able to use this skill for a long time.
I think that it's a good skill, but I also think that it isn't going to be super useful until later anyway.

I hope that with further revision they'll actually make Marked for death more useful.. especially in comparison to many other skills that increase damage across multiple enemies without runing. Perhaps it should jump to the other monsters as the marked monster dies (one at a time, not 8 like the runed skill) because I dont think 30sec duration is really necessary on anythign outside of a boss.
Keep in mind the runed skill (Contagion) on the Skill Calculator is for a level 7 rune. Level 1 runes probably just cause it to jump to 2 enemies, then it probably goes up by one for better runes.

Edit: Clarification.
09/23/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Deckard
Keep in mind the runed skill (Contagion) is for a level 7 rune. Level 1 runes probably just cause it to jump to 2 enemies, then it probably goes up by one for better runes.

This runed version of MfD sounds like it will be oh so much fun :)
In a game where you kill scores of enemies at a time, a single-target curse isn't very effective. And only giving a 20% bonus isn't helping make the skill any better, either. It should be AoE (or spread like the rune) by default. Otherwise, it's really only decent for boss-fights.