Can Inferno be soloed?

General Discussion
From D2, we know that Nightmare and Hell can be soloed if you're at the right level and if you have the right gear.

I was wondering if Inferno can be soloed or if a group is essential for it. What do you guys think?

My guess is it probably can be soloed but there will be many many deaths.
Yes.

As for it being easy?

Varies :)
Yes, the entire game can be soloed. Doesn't mean it will be easy, it means it can be done.

People need to understand that just because a game is playable solo, it doesn't mean it's easy.
Solo'd should be possible.
Since in theory the game should scale appropriately as more players enter, the overall difficulty from soloing to there being 4 players should be fairly similar. (Note, a very well coordinated group of 4 would probably be better off then a solo person).
i personally think inferno solo will not be an easy task and will take a long time considering these monsters will be lvl 61. more ppl=better survival imo
It will, Just hope group size does not impact drops, I believe it's been discussed and it doesn't. Sometimes soloing is just better than being forced to group.

(Note, a very well coordinated group of 4 would probably be better off then a solo person).

I'm thinking this as well. A group of 4 characters that complement each other will make Inferno slightly easier(than soloing it) even though it is scaled to be 4x harder.
09/24/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Nemuraan
Yes, the entire game can be soloed. Doesn't mean it will be easy, it means it can be done.

I wonder how you can say that considering no one has played the game at that level yet.

I suspect Inferno will be nearly impossible at play as solo. Jay Wilson has repeated over and over that the game is intended as a co-op game.

We'll have to see how the game pans out though!
09/24/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Lighthammer

I wonder how you can say that considering no one has played the game at that level yet.

I suspect Inferno will be nearly impossible at play as solo. Jay Wilson has repeated over and over that the game is intended as a co-op game.

Jay also said the entire game can be solo'd. They want to encourage co-op, not force it.
My guess is it will be doable, but not for everybody. Will probably depend on the player skill, the class, and runestones/gear etc. Some people will figure it out, but most of us will probably have to group for it.
Mobs HP scales so I think so
09/24/2011 07:19 PMPosted by Thornan
i personally think inferno solo will not be an easy task and will take a long time considering these monsters will be lvl 61. more ppl=better survival imo

more ppl makes the mosters stronger too. so it just scales appropriatly. itll probabl still be a bit easier with a group tho.
max level 60, mobs level 60 and plus, should be possible, question is how long, probably take you all days
I was wondering if Inferno can be soloed or if a group is essential for it. What do you guys think?

My guess is it probably can be soloed but there will be many many deaths.

09/24/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Eleste

Jay also said the entire game can be solo'd. They want to encourage co-op, not force it.

Do you have a link for this interview?
Since Loot is not Shared Anymore... I see alot more grouping than i did in D2 that for sure...

P.S. GREAT IDEA ABOUT SPLIT LOOT/Separate Loot for players = no more having to deal with jerks or the whole failure in >.< RAIDS in WoW were 39 people want the item that drops for themselves/alt or a friend.
09/24/2011 08:40 PMPosted by Lighthammer

it's soloable
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3195919839?page=2#22

1. Most people won't be able to solo Inferno without a group.
2. Most people won't even be able to solo Hell without a group.
3. Some people will never make it through nightmare.
4. Some people might not make it through normal for awhile.
5. Some people will go to the forums and QQ about random bosses in the first 1/3rd of the 1st act of the first difficulty.

6. All modes will definitely be able to be soloed.
7. Inferno may be cleared by a competent group alot faster than a competent single player.

#5 has already happened and the game isn't even out of beta yet.

The good thing about diablo is there is a fair amount of skill to it. That's why some people had trouble with duriel in act 2, and others could breeze through the game solo with it set to 8 players. ;)
Anyone know if there is going to be physical or magic immune monsters in D3?