R.I.P. Fluffles the Necromancer

General Discussion
http://i.imgur.com/pyGqG.png

there he was, fighting mephisto. Everything was going great, skeletons were piled all over mephisto with like 3 points each in summon resist, iron maiden chipping away at his hp. Mephisto was down to half hp by the time there were few enough skeletons alive that fluffles, mighty necromancer, felt it would be wise to run to the nearest pile of bodies and summon more.

Suddenly, a single lightning bolt comes out of nowhere, and fluffles was killed. It didn't matter that he had 45 lightning resist and 95 stamina, just one shot and he was down.

In the midst of all this angst over not getting beta invites, I'd like to take this moment and reflect on this truth. Hardcore is !@#$ing awesome.
He's in a better place now. :(
Use Amp next time.. not IM.

And 95 vitality is about par for late Act 1.. early Act 2. Def should be higher by Mephisto.
YOU'RE MY BOY, FLUFFLES! YOU'RE MY BOY!
Another name written down in my death note.
All that time leveling, wasted with one shot.

I think the death message should read more like "You Have Died. Sucks to be You. Now go outside."
How did you get 1 shot by Normal meph with 95 vit?

I'm lvl 45 on my sin in NM A1 and I only have 166 vit.

I think the death message should read more like "You Have Died. Sucks to be You. Now go outside."

http://i.imgur.com/BeUHi.jpg

Thanks for the laugh.
he was 28. I spent some extra time grinding before hitting mephisto so I could put some more points into summon resist so my skeletons wouldn't go down in a single poison cloud. Also my play style has traditionally been I don't get to 100 points in vit until partway through nightmare. I knew I was always on the low side of the hp meter, but I didn't realize I was that far, I thought I was putting myself ahead of the curve with 95 by act 3 >_<

all in all, it was a blast, and I wouldn't change any of it. Well, I might try and change how I failed to dodge that lightning bolt, but it was a real rush getting up there. The only reason I'm posting this is because with diablo 3 so close, fluffles will probably end up being my last diablo 2 hardcore.

Anyone else got some epic hardcore death stories to share?
09/27/2011 03:14 PMPosted by MelonPan

My highest level HC ever died to a hydra trapped cow level TP, does that count?
09/27/2011 03:01 PMPosted by rolle3k
Another name written down in my death note.

haha.. awesome reference

http://i.imgur.com/BeUHi.jpg

Thanks for the laugh.

Holy hell I LOL'd
been playing a hardcore sorc, what sucks it that even if I beat normal I'll die in nightmare for sure, lol
09/27/2011 03:22 PMPosted by Sarcalogos
been playing a hardcore sorc, what sucks it that even if I beat normal I'll die in nightmare for sure, lol

yeah, that was one of the reasons that led me to playing a necromancer instead. Sorceress is strong, but I don't look forward to the point where regular monsters might be totally immune to one or more elemental damage types
How hard is it to make a decent hardcore character on single player? I'd love to try. I haven't played since I was 12. Anyone have a link to a good single player build I could use?
09/27/2011 03:14 PMPosted by MelonPan

I made a HC zon recently. I cleared Act 1, realized it was getting late, decided to go to bed. I dreamed that I had died in early act 2(the sewers). I didn't even load D2 again for two or three days. When I finally did, I did a double take. Whoa! What? That must of....hmm...

/just finished the Arcane Sanctuary
RIP Fluffies. My highest and most beloved HC character was a summonacer.