Diablo 3 Collectors edition USB Drive

General Discussion
I just noticed the Diablo 3 Collectors edition will contain a 4 Gig USB drive with Diablo and Diablo 2 on it. I assume these will work with Windows 7? If so, is there a patch or something I can get to make my Diablo 2 retail work with Windows 7? I've tried to load it but the colors are messed up. I'm assuming that's going to be fixed for the CE release. If it is, shouldn't that version be available to me if I have the Diablo 2 game and key?

I'd love to be able to play Diablo 2 again.
11/22/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Mathray
Diablo and Diablo 2 on it.

Oops, you're misinformed.

It's Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. No original Diablo.
Edited for spam.
11/22/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
Diablo and Diablo 2 on it.
<br />Oops, you're misinformed.<br /><br />It's Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. No original Diablo.

Well the point is the same. Is there a version of Diablo 2 that will run under windows 7 without all sorts of tweaking and add ons?
11/22/2011 10:02 AMPosted by Jacka
Diablo 2 works on Windows 7 with little to no tinkering.

Not for me - there were red specks all over the screen.
11/22/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Mathray
Is there a version of Diablo 2 that will run under windows 7 without all sorts of tweaking and add ons?

I've never had any problems with running Diablo 2 or the expansion on Windows 7.

You might Google it and see what happens, or strike a visit to the Diablo 2 Forums. They might have a tech support there.
Will it run on win8 is a bigger question (currently does not)
all you have to do is run it in windowed mode, which is uber easy

-w FTW
11/22/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Mathray
Diablo 2 works on Windows 7 with little to no tinkering.
<br /><br />Not for me - there were red specks all over the screen.

Were you running it in compatibility mode as an admin?
If you have the cd version, just set compatability to windows 98, color to 256 and turn off desktop composition. Those worked for me and it runs fine.
I'll try it again with a fresh install. Thanks
Just register it to you b.net account and DL the D2 and the expansion. it will work fine then.
Well it won't work for me. I updated it to vs 1.13. I run it as administrator, 256 colors, 640x480 and the color palette is still wrong. The clouds aren't white, they're bright green, bright red, and bright blue. Maybe its an issue with my graphics card or something.

I looks something like this:

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz289/nwahs_photos/diablo2.jpg

Edited for spam.
640x480... Run it in window mode...<br /><br />Right click your Diablo shortcut, go to properties, put a <-w> at the end of the Target line (Shortcut Tab).<br />My Target line reads like this,<br />
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -sndbkg

That did. Thanks so much.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure after registering D2 on b.net 2.0 the downloaded version from their site works fine with Win7. It's what I've been using.

An odd thing happened yesterday while I was playing. While in town I saw a message that 10k+ SoJ were sold, then my connection dropped. I had ported up to escape from Adrial, to get another companion, when it happened. I'll have to work my way down to her again.
I have windows 7 and i still Play Diablo 2. screen looks fine. i even tryed to play it with 3D nvidia didnt work

but warcraft 3 works with 3D nvidia and damn does it look sexy
I downloaded the game from blizzards site.... and i can't get past it asking for my CD... used to not do that for windows xp but it sure does for windows 7
I have windows 7 and i still Play Diablo 2. screen looks fine. i even tryed to play it with 3D nvidia didnt work

but warcraft 3 works with 3D nvidia and damn does it look sexy

thats because WC3 is a 3d Engine while D2 is a 2d engine.

11/22/2011 02:27 PMPosted by Kakey
I downloaded the game from blizzards site.... and i can't get past it asking for my CD... used to not do that for windows xp but it sure does for windows 7

Your "cd" key is in your D2 info on your b.net account. It has always asked for a Key when downloaded from blizzard, regardless of OS.