My personal opinion on consoles.

General Discussion
Ive played Diablo 1 since close to the release date it came out, as well as Diablo 2, and I got the Diablo 3 beta a few weeks ago.

Ive also played the Call of Duty series since it came out.

The original Call of Duty was a great game .. but the series slowly became a heaping pile of poop when they decided to allow it onto consoles. (Call of Duty 2 is what started console CoD).

I feel as if the Diablo series also has the same potiential to turn into what the Modern Warfare series has become (Hurr durr $60 map pack game), over a few years time span ofc.

Blizzard, please do not allow our master race game series degenerate simply because you wan't dat console money :(

inb4 you can't compare CoD and Diablo...yes you can.
I stopped reading the second you mentioned call of duty..

/sips coffee
Diablo was released on the playstation, I still have it around here somewhere.
Man, I hope they never allow the taint stank of Windows instability to corrupt the tight controls and frantic action of my God of War games.
11/23/2011 02:33 PMPosted by zEMPd
The original Call of Duty was a great game .. but the series slowly became a heaping pile of poop when they decided to allow it onto consoles.

The original Call of Duty was ported to the Nokia N-Gage.
11/23/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Zaergate
The original Call of Duty was a great game .. but the series slowly became a heaping pile of poop when they decided to allow it onto consoles.
The original Call of Duty was ported to the Nokia N-Gage.

However...the 90 percent of the company's focus was on the PC version.
11/23/2011 02:37 PMPosted by Tiick
Diablo was released on the playstation, I still have it around here somewhere.

I first played Diablo on PS at my cousin's house. I thought the game as awesome but I didnt have a PS so bought it for PC, and the PC version was a million times better than the PS port. Ever since that day I learned that PC gaming is superior and I never looked back.
I don't see how CoD can be compared to D3 for console gaming.

First off; CoD is a first person shooter. A lot of games, maybe most are made that way for the console.

Second; D3 has a sky view which makes it a lot harder to play using the console. There is a reason that Diablo did not do good with the console.

Third; Why does it matter..... A lot of ppl are getting hooked to console gaming now. If it gives ppl that do not have good computers to play games with to play the BIG D, kudos for them.

Your comparison just does not help at all in your opinion. Not trying to be mean. I see no problem with Blizzard making a console version to this game. And trust me, this game is designed for PC and most of Blizz's profit is going to be from the PC game.
I don't see how CoD can be compared to D3 for console gaming.

First off; CoD is a first person shooter. A lot of games, maybe most are made that way for the console.

Second; D3 has a sky view which makes it a lot harder to play using the console. There is a reason that Diablo did not do good with the console.

Third; Why does it matter..... A lot of ppl are getting hooked to console gaming now. If it gives ppl that do not have good computers to play games with to play the BIG D, kudos for them.

Your comparison just does not help at all in your opinion. Not trying to be mean. I see no problem with Blizzard making a console version to this game. And trust me, this game is designed for PC and most of Blizz's profit is going to be from the PC game.

Im clearly not trying to compare which is a better game. Im comparing how when games go to console, the SERIES of the game goes to crap.
Im clearly not trying to compare which is a better game. Im comparing how when games go to console, the SERIES of the game goes to crap.

I know your not trying to compare the 2. But your stating a frist person shooter that is so easy to manipulate to consoles. Diablo Has always been a PC development game. Trust me on this, even if they do make a D3 console game it will not turn out like CoD in any way.

Jay Wilson quote here;

"We don't see ourselves as a PC developer—we see ourselves as a game developer. It's just that the games that we wanted to make suit the PC platform,"

He claimed that it would be possible to make a real-time strategy game for consoles, but not a Starcraft-style RTS that's up to Blizzard's standards. Making a console version of Diablo 3 is another story however, and the team has been exploring using a controller on the upcoming hack-and-slash title.