Cyclone strike feedback

Monk
I was testing out the new skill (cyclone strike replaced lethal decoy) today, and while I do love this over decoy, it still seems a bit difficult to use; mainly due to the spirit cost. I often found myself breaking from combat to gather my enemies into a pack that would best optimize the use of this high cost nuke.

Having it cost so much makes me want to save it for the best possible use instead of chaining it into my normal attacks (how I feel monk was designed to play). This was also when I only had access to 3 skill slots, and it worries me that just this one skill takes up so much of my resources, how will I ever be able to use any more in the future?

I was using a spirit generator, mantra of evasion, and cyclone strike; not too much in the way of spirit consumption, but I like to cast mantra of evasion at least once in big fights to get my dodge up. Still, when I wanted to use cyclone strike, I had to cast mantra of evasion sparingly so I would have enough spirit to use it effectively.

I think when you have 3 skill slots, you should cut the mantra. I didn't really start using the mantra until level 12.
Something I noticed about Cyclone strike, is that there isnt enough time between the pull and the explosion. I've had situations where I pull numerous targets, but not all of them are "to" me before the explosion.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have not noticed targets not getting to me before the damage is dealt. I have noticed that 24 yards seems to be a pretty small range, though.

Overall I think this is a great ability. It does cost quite a bit of spirit, but I think when the game is live and we can get the Exalted Soul passive and socket runes (I'll likely go with an indigo rune), this ability will be much more worth the spirit investment. Plus better gear past lvl 13 will enable better spirit generation anyway.

Great skill!
I wouldn't mind them adding a cool down to Cyclone strike in exchange for it costing less spirit.

Maybe making it 50 Spirit with 5-10second wait. Or 30 spirit with 10 second wait. Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind them adding a cool down to Cyclone strike in exchange for it costing less spirit.

Maybe making it 50 Spirit with 5-10second wait. Or 30 spirit with 10 second wait. Thoughts?

If you want it to cost less, use the "eye of the storm" version (64 spirit).

I think the high cost is justified. It's not something you're supposed to spam. You dash in and use it once. Besides, you've got a passive that increase your spirit by 100 and another that heals you for every spirit spent. It's expansive, but you can take advantage of it as well.
Its really made complementary with LTK, Crippling Wave, Seven Sided Strike. CS ---> LTK or SSS or Fists x2 CW. What ever tickles your fancy.

With gear later on this 50 Spirit will be Chump Change, It is definitely not a Boss killing ability. So I dont know why you are using Mantra, CS and 1 Spirit gen.

only mantra justifiably worth using on Skell King is Ret, he basically kills himself!

Anyways, as I digress . Cyclone strike wont be worth a abil slot till we get 5 slots to use, or you choose exalted soul. as I do believe there are better skills to Spirit dump.

Blizzard has done a marvelous job making every skill have a purpose for anyone's play style.