Forum Behavior

General Discussion
I just wanted to comment that visiting these forums has now become a complete waste of my time. 90% of the threads are now people complaining about how long the game is taking to come out, hating on Bashiok, and complaining about some aspect of the game that pisses them off, like the auction house or the no single player(get over it people!)

Blizzard owes you nothing,
Bashiok, owes you nothing,

So why on earth are you guys complaining? Blizzard is one of the LAST video game studios that will take as LONG AS IT TAKES to make a great game. Can't we just appreciate that? Great games are never fully realized because greedy publishers are pushing games out. Do you all want a homogenized experience where your getting a new Blizzard game ever 1 yr or 6 mo like other publishers? So you can pay for a new game thats essentially an expansion pack? I don't get it. Let them make their damn game - and when it's ready every single person on these forums complaining is still going to buy it and love it.

Also, what the hell is with the hating on Bashiok? He has been around FOREVER - and has always been passionate about his job. He really believes in his company and expresses that passion when he talks about decisions Blizzard has made for Diablo 3. He is always there with a well-thought out explanation for every major concern - and he usually does it with a joke! I'm sure IF Bashiok knew and was ALLOWED to say a release date, he would!

Food for thought : Some Blizzard games came out only a month after being announced.
Request sticky
I agree 100%, people are getting frustrated and taking it out on the forums. The game will be released when its done and I firmly stand by blizzard, not because I'm a fan-boy, but because they release some of the best quality PC games out there. Sure it take some time to make a GREAT!!!! game but I am willing to wait for what is going to be an amazing Diablo3.
01/05/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Erik
I just wanted to comment that visiting these forums has now become a complete waste of my time.

While I don't feel that it is a complete waste of my time, I do feel frustrated with the lack of interesting discussion. People are itching for a release and there does seem to be five new threads each day on the same subject.

I was just thinking the other day that some enforcement into closing new threads and redirecting people to threads that are already open would clear up the forum nicely.

Also,

Hating on Bashiok is sad to see yes, but not surprising. When you are the member of a PR department you expect some angry, hateful and ignorant comments.
I disagree. Even though blizzard owes us nothing, if they want their freaking money, then they owe us the product. We are the consumers. We have the money. We demand the product.

If they want, they could decide to not sell the product. Its their loss. not ours.

So yes, Blizzard owes us either a product or explanation.

What more explanation do you need other than? "Sorry guys, were pushing the release date back to make sure the game is awesome"
01/05/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Dietroit
Ahh another blizzard fan boy. Tbh they really screwed up wow. Sc2 is somewhat unbalanced and the matching system is atrocious and yes I get the fact that its .it made around team games but its still worth mentioning. And D3 is now being held up because of a RMAH that doesnt really benefit anything or anyone except their pockets. Now to my point. I agree with the poster who mentioned that we are the consumer and as such they should appreciate our willingness to devour any product they throw at us. But shouldn't blindly string us along while pretending we don't know the underlying issue and put on a facade as if its not truthful.

All opinions, zero facts. Has Blizzard officially made a statement saying why the game is being held up? Nope. So anything your saying about being strung along is pure speculation.
I just want to say <3 erik
01/05/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Dietroit
ERIK if you dont feel like your being strung along pass the Kool Aid

I'm not being strung along, do you know why? Because I am not hanging on the edge of existence until this game comes out - Everyone here acts like their putting their loves on hold until this game comes out. There are a ton of good games out - or simply enjoy life and forget about it for a while - before you know it - it will be out for everyone to enjoy. Blizzard isn't stringing anyone along. They said they had a target release date in mind, they haven't changed it, and they haven't made any further comments.
90% of the threads are now people complaining about how long the game is taking to come out, hating on Bashiok, and complaining about some aspect of the game that pisses them off, like the auction house or the no single player(get over it people!)

you forgot "threads that QQ about QQers"
Blizzard is one of the LAST video game studios that will take as LONG AS IT TAKES to make a great game.

double edge sword.

Bashiok, owes you nothing,

quote from bashiok

"I speak for myself when I say you're the one following the game closely allowing yourself to be hyped. :)"

its not hating on him, just dont like his attitude of being father of all troll in here.

Do you all want a homogenized experience where your getting a new Blizzard game ever 1 yr or 6 mo like other publishers? So you can pay for a new game thats essentially an expansion pack? I don't get it. Let them make their damn game - and when it's ready every single person on these forums complaining is still going to buy it and love it.

even thou blizzard take "time" on making their game, all about the same. SC = SC2 [except it is separate in three part] and for the last part we, including you dont know that for sure. human can change
Probably has to do with the lack of topics to discuss constructively. Beta content has been discussed to death. RMAH, online-only, lack of attributes, the skill system, etc. have been discussed to death. Even all the usual flavor topics (what you'll be doing the night of release, what you plan on doing at endgame, what builds you fancy, etc.) have appeared numerous times.

People are continuing to talk long after they've run out of things to say. Personally, I simply went from checking this site daily for discussion to checking it weekly to look for major updates. If you're finding this forum to be a waste of your time, then the solution is obvious. Find something that isn't.

Oh and I wouldn't waste time directly responding to people who can't differentiate fact from opinion.
^ What this guy said. +1
Yeah seriously guys, I am so tired of all these threads where the original poster just complains.
01/05/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Saigyouji
I wouldn't waste time directly responding to people who can't differentiate fact from opinion.