What does polish mean?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
I don't get it when they say they are polishing the game. I mean, do the spray the discs with windex and wipe it with a cloth or what? Maybe that's why release is taking so long.Also, I don't understand what is meant by "multiple layers of polish." Is polish an actual substance that is applied to a surface in layers? Because I thought it just meant to make an object shiny. If it is, then how can you apply it in multiple layers. If you added the polish and then added more polish, wouldn't it just be one big layer of polish and not two separate layers?

What does Polish mean?

I don't get it when they say they are letting polish people play this game. I mean, do the Polish people really love diablo or what? Maybe that's why release is taking so long.Also, I don't understand what is meant by "the Polish is needed." Is being Polish an actual requirement to being able to play the game? Because I thought it just meant to make people who supply the saussages happy. If it is, then how can you apply it in multiple layers. If you added the Polish saussage and then added more Polish, wouldn't it just be one big layer of Polish saussages and not two separate layers?
It's making sure everything is perfect. We're not really in a strictly polishing phase yet though, although certainly that's true for some areas of the game. Still, we're in the process of working on some rather large game system changes, some of which we'll be sharing shortly before or with the next beta patch.
We all look forward to hearing about these changes and then blaming korea for the game not being released
01/05/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's making sure everything is perfect. We're not really in a strictly polishing phase yet though, although certainly that's true for some areas of the game. Still, we're in the process of working on some rather large game system changes, some of which we'll be sharing shortly before or with the next beta patch.

The things you say, they depress me. :/

I eagerly await the next patch! I know I'll be tinkering with it to see if the bigger issues are fixed, like the intermittent huge latency and how it affects skills.

Wicked! I was beginning to wonder if the beta was gonna receive any new patches. Him needs stuff! Stuff make drool!!
Think polish your knob..... jk! lol

I would hope it means the latter stages before shipping..... heres hoping!
Any idea when the new patch will be hitting?
Rather large game system changes?
signofRMAHremoval!?

Keep stalling...

Quoting for...complete untruth. Krine, they just said they are adding some major game system changes. How does that translate to 'stalling' in your eyes?
01/05/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Khaldun

Keep stalling...

Quoting for...complete untruth. Krine, they just said they are adding some major game system changes. How does that translate to 'stalling' in your eyes?

I want diablo 3. Big changes or no.
Thank you for sharing with us, Bash. I eagerly await the next beta patch!

I'm Slavic. Pretty close to being Polish without actually being Polish. Maybe I should be added to the beta, so I can test before the Polish phase testing begins. Just sayin'.

So this means that once those large game system changes are set, that will be the time when the D3 team goes in the "strictly polishing" phase?
01/05/2012 07:49 PMPosted by D3BETA
So this means that once those large game system changes are set, that will be the time when the D3 team goes in the "strictly polishing" phase?

I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it that way. It's a big game and each individual piece may be at some different level of development.
01/05/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Bashiok

I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it that way. It's a bit game and each individual piece may be at some different level of development.

Oh god, the vagueness of each added statement is slowly tearing my soul apart.