Marius, coolest side story

Lore and Story
Did you guys read the story of Marius? He was too much of a coward to go to hell and destroy the soulstone as ordered by Tyrael. He kept it and had bad nightmares so he would stay awake for days until the dark wanderer found him. He was manipulated into following the dark wanderer to the east where he went crazy and ended up in an asylum. Baal visited him and brainwashed him to think he was Tyrael only to take the soulstone from him then kill him and burn the asylum down. There's a cool cinematic of this whole story. Cool side story.
Yeah, it's a pretty interesting story, but you just described all the cinema scenes from Diablo II. Where did you read this? Is it in one of the books somewhere?
Aka the plot of Diablo 2?
02/03/2012 10:07 AMPosted by D3BETA
Aka the plot of Diablo 2?
hauhauhau
No side story...its the whole plot of D2...

But yeah its really cool.
Marius was the coolest characther so far IMO.

I LOVED how the plot went on during the game on D2, the narrative from Marius himself, the cionematics...awesome.

Marius is a "main character" imo, not a "side story".
It was he that was selected by Diablo to fullfill a very difficult and cunning task:
To release Baal from his prison while he, Diablo, would Fight against tyrael.

Further, he was supposed to destroy it, but u know he didnt do it.
"No! Don't do it!

Fool! You have just insured the doom of this world"

One of my favorite cutscenes from DII
Ya, I read the book and have been watching all the cinematics lately. They are still good 12 years later.
"No! Don't do it!

Fool! You have just insured the doom of this world"

One of my favorite cutscenes from DII

This was probably my favorite cut scene from D2, it was amazing, and in contrast I thought the opening cut scene to the expansion over hyped the battle, but I haven't been playing long and am still working through the expansion on nightmare, so hopefully in Hell difficulty it will be more epic like the cut scene makes Baal out to be.
New to D2? Nice... Watch out for those Hell Difficulty Immunities.
Did you guys read the story of Marius? He was too much of a coward to go to hell and destroy the soulstone as ordered by Tyrael. He kept it and had bad nightmares so he would stay awake for days until the dark wanderer found him. He was manipulated into following the dark wanderer to the east where he went crazy and ended up in an asylum. Baal visited him and brainwashed him to think he was Tyrael only to take the soulstone from him then kill him and burn the asylum down. There's a cool cinematic of this whole story. Cool side story.

He didn't have the soulstone when The Dark Wanderer found him, he was just having crazy nightmares, probably influenced and created by Diablo though
02/03/2012 03:40 AMPosted by Captain

But we didnt see him die.

What if he escaped??
^^^ Marius DID have Baal's soulstone, and Baal DID kill him after he gave it to him. Baal's 'reward' for Marius holding onto it (which was death) was probably what Marius wanted.
Lol, I never paid attention to the D2 story. I couldn't really figure it out, so I had to piece it together from the D2 Wiki and such.
Marius was one of the heros that braved Tristam in Diablo 1 - he was having nightmares about the horrors he witnessed when he ran from Tristam to drink/smoke himself to death in a bar somewhere ... well ... until the the bar was burnt down by demons.
Yeah good point. Had forget about him being a co-protagonist on the Tristam events.

What if he escaped??

Teeeeechnically true I suppose, but didn't we see his body laying on the ground surrounded by blood after Baal "attacked" him? Even if he wasn't dead, he wouldn't have had much of a chance to escape the asylum as it burned to the ground on top of him.

What if he escaped??

Teeeeechnically true I suppose, but didn't we see his body laying on the ground surrounded by blood after Baal "attacked" him? Even if he wasn't dead, he wouldn't have had much of a chance to escape the asylum as it burned to the ground on top of him.
"The Asylum was only a set back..."